May 2017 Moms

*TW* Desperately Seeking Encouragement

I don't really know where to begin. I started bleeding on Saturday and freaked out. I called my OB and she told me that it could be normal and that it should turn to brown spotting and eventually stop. It did. Then on Monday it started again. So on Tuesday I called my OB's office to get in. My regularly scheduled appointment was going to be Thursday but I needed answers. 

When i got to the office she she told me that my progesterone was low. I had bloodwork done last week. Then she did an US and found that I had an ectopic pregnancy. I was immediately sent to the ER for emergency surgery. I was 8w 3d with baby number 2. Everything happened so fast. I was in a complete whirlwind. 

Surgery was done and I wound up losing a fallopian tube and an ovary in addition to my baby that I wanted so bad. I'm distraught...but coping. 

I just really need some positive stories. Have any of you ladies gotten pregnant with one fallopian tube or know anyone who has?

I wish you all the absolute best with your pregnancies and thank you so much for the community here. Prayerfully I will be back soon. 

Re: *TW* Desperately Seeking Encouragement

• I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard that is to go through. I don't think I know anyone personally who has gotten pregnant with one Fallopian tube, but I don't know too many mothers well enough to discuss that with them (or it has just never come up). I wish I had a personal anecdote to share to comfort you. Take care of yourself. 
  • I'm so so sorry you have to go through this. Thoughts and prayers for you.  A friend of mine had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured a tube. She is now 8 months pregnant. So don't lose hope!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry you're going through this. I don't have anything to add to help, other than to say take good care of yourself.  *hugs*
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @cantwait2bemom :'(
    i work in the PACU (recovery area after surgery) and help patients get through the very same thing you're experiencing. All I can say is you're a tough woman and to not lose hope. You still have one side that's intact and that's all you need. Take care and I'm in your corner rooting for you for a speedy recovery and another chance when you're ready. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Very tough so sorry to hear. 
  • Yes my best friend holly had an ectopic lost her tube and ovary and still got pregnant naturally 5 months later. Her daughter will be 4 in December 
  • I'm so sorry for your loss! My best friend had an ectopic that almost ruptured (she passed out on the shower floor and somehow managed to call 911 before it happened). She now has a beautiful 3.5 yr old son and a 1 yr old baby daughter. It is definitely possible, don't lose hope!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • I'm so sorry for you loss. 
    I had an ectopic rupture on Aug 27th 2012. I also lost a tube and ovary. I got my period oct 1st and got pregnant that cycle. My dr just monitored me closely to make sure the pregnancy was in my uterus. I was told that the one ovary takes over and releases an egg every month instead of every other like usual. I am pregnant again now with an intrauterine pregnancy. I never had any complications or trouble getting pregnant from the ectopic. There is hope for you!! Take care of yoursef. I wish you the best! 
  • I'm so sorry to hear this.  What you went through sounds very traumatic.  I hope these other women's stories about reproductive success will give you some comfort.  Hang in there and take care of yourself.
  • I'm so sorry about this. I personally do not have any experience with Epotopic, only traditional miscarriage. There is a board also for miscarriage and loss. After my previous losses I found that board very helpful and supportive. 
  • I'm so sorry for what you're going through. My first pregnancy was ectopic but I was so early in the pregnancy they saved my tube. It's a scary thing to go through. My buddy told me, after he herd what happened to me, about his wife losing her tube and they have had two more successful pregnancies after that. There really is hope.
  • I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. I wish you peace and comfort! A friend of mine had lost one tube and one ovary a few years ago but has since had 2 more children. Don't lose hope. [[Hugs]]
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad it wasn't any worse than it was and that you're okay and recovering. I personally don't know anybody but I've seen some other ladies on the TTGP board that only has one working ovary. You can probably find a lot of support there, as well as the loss board. Take care of yourself

• I am so sorry
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss. :( 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Sorry for your loss. I did have a friend that successfully got pregnant with 1 Fallopian tube it was a little harder but it happened!
  • I'm so sorry for your loss and all you've gone through!
  • Just wanted to thank you all for your support and the positive stories. I'm truly filled with hope.

I'll probably lurk around the board for a bit before I move on with my life. Blessings to you all! 
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I have heard many success stories after such a loss. I know my own mother was pregnant with me only a few months after having one ovary removed! Hugs
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Image result for Hope Quotes and Sayings

My aunt was able to have my cousin after a situation very similar to yours.

Don't lose hope, friend. <3

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker