May 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL Check In 10/5/16

vrj0522vrj0522 member
edited October 2016 in May 2017 Moms
This is for all our May moms who have experienced a loss - we are here to support one another! 

1. Introduce yourself if you haven't yet

2. How far along are you?

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to? 

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:

5. GTKY: What was the last movie you saw at the movie theater? What did you think of it?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Me: 38 DH: 36
Married 8/27/2011
BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

Re: PGAL Check In 10/5/16

• Options
    Hey! I'm Katie. I have a 3 year old and have been married for almost 6 years. Before my daughter, I had an early m/c. I didn't realize how much it would impact my pregnancies. I'm a bit anxious anyway, but I'm so so nervous in pregnancy. I'm sure you can all relate!

2. How far along are you? 8 weeks

3. What is the next milestone you're looking forward to? 
    Looking forward to my next appt on the 17th.

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: none

5. GTKY: What was the last movie you saw at the movie theater? What did you think of it?

I can't even remember! That's how long it's been! 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    How far along are you? 10w2d

How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm getting my blood drawn for the DNA test tomorrow.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:  Can I just say that last night's loss post sent me to a really bad place? My symptoms have slowly been disappearing over the last few days and I keep trying to reassure myself by thinking that I am at 10 weeks and this is normal as we get closer to the end of 1st tri (also that every pregnancy is different) but honestly, I'm not really buying it, particularly because I had nausea up until 13-14 weeks with DS and all through pregnancy with DD. Not only that but my fatigue seems to have lifted, as well as my constipation, and headaches, and breast tenderness, leaving me feeling barely pregnant. Where a week ago I felt a little like the walking dead, I barely feel pregnant right now. My biggest fear is that I will get a call telling me that my baby was already dead when they took the blood for the DNA test. I just wish I could get an u/s right now. 

GTKY: What was the last movie you saw at the movie theater? What did you think of it? We took DS to his first movie in July to see Finding Dory. He and DH loved it. I thought it was good but not as good as Finding Nemo. 
    Married 8/27/2011

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @vrj0522 so sorry that you were feeling so anxious last night. First tri symptoms can be such a mind fuck and it's hard not to spiral. Hugs.

2. How far along are you? 8wk3d

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm doing pretty good this week. We had another ultrasound on Monday and saw good growth and a good heartbeat, so that helped me to feel more positive for now. I keep thinking if I can get past this week (my loss was at 8wk4d) I will feel less anxious. But we'll see.

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: None this week.

5. GTKY: What was the last movie you saw at the movie theater? What did you think of it? Tarzan just bc it happened to be the only thing playing when DH and I had a date night. It was entertaining.
  • Options
    @vrj0522 I just skipped the loss post.  It sent me to bad place without even reading it.  I know it's tough when those symptoms go away for a few days but remember you can't base everything on those.  It could really be the hormones slowing down and the HCG does start to decrease at this point.  Positive thoughts for you!!

1. Introduce yourself if you haven't yet.
    I've put a little information out there but not a lot.  I have one amazing living child who is 10.  I've had 3 miscarriages (14, 16, & 19 weeks) and 2 stillbirths (20 weeks & 24 weeks).

2. How far along are you?  I believe I am 6+2.  Still waiting to hear a for sure from the MFM.

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to?  My first MFM appointment Friday, 10/7.

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:  I'm having a hard time emotionally.  I find myself not really wanting to wish or dream of the baby because I am fear the inevitable. I am trying to remain positive.

Swiss Army Man with Daniel Radcliffe.  It was odd and hilarious!!  We are going to see The Girl on the Train this weekend.  I read the book a while ago so I cannot wait.
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Options
    1. Introduce yourself if you haven't yet. I'm Cheryl :) I've intro'ed a couple times. Blighted ovum in March, D&C in April, no kids yet

2. How far along are you? 10 weeks 2 days

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm ok. Have another appointment on the 18th at 12 weeks. Hoping if that one goes well, I'll have a little more peace about everything. 

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Echoing vrj above, nausea is basically completely gone, energy seems to be coming back some. Just had a u/s last week to check on some bleeding, which turned out to be from a SCH healing that we already knew about, but still scary. Just trying to remind myself that just 5 days ago we saw baby wiggling like crazy with a strong heartbeat and growing on track, but it's hard not to second guess everything. 

5. GTKY: What was the last movie you saw at the movie theater? What did you think of it? Last saw the new Bourne movie. I enjoyed it! 
  • Options
    2. How far along are you?: 8w 5d

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to?: I had a great appointment on Monday so things are going well!  I really wanted to get past the 8 week mark and both the ultrasound and my bloodwork look great.

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm not feeling well at all.  Permanent nausea and incredibly tired.  It's been really hard to get my house in order to sell feeling this way. :/

5. GTKY: What was the last movie you saw at the movie theater? What did you think of it?: Believe it or not, I actually don't remember the last time I saw a movie in the theater! It was probably before DD was born. How said is that?! I used to go all the time!

BFP #1 12/23/12 EDD 9/3/13 DD #1 8/26/13

BFP #2  2/25/16  EDD 11/5/16 MMC 4/15/16

BFP #3  8/31/16  EDD  5/12/17 It's a GIRL!

BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm 7+5 today.
    I'm doing okay, but starting to get a little anxious since my 8wk ultrasound appointment is tomorrow. All I hope for is to see good growth and a strong heartbeat. I'm feeling more pregnant lately which I only hope is a good thing ha aside from the discomfort. My rant is I'm dealing with food adversion this time. Absolutely nothing appeal to me so I have to force myself to eat a little at a time. 

The last time I saw a movie in theater was me before you. We visited my parents over the summer so we went out for a late movie after DD went to bed. I think it was the first movie I saw since she was born!

• Options
    I'm 8w2d today. 

I was doing fine... but now I'm super anxious. I'm worried that somethings going wrong again and we won't know until our 2nd ultrasound next week. My husband wants to tell his family this weekend when we visit in CT. I want to share it with them (we're having twins) and love that we would get to do it in person, but i'm so worried that something will go wrong. I don't even want to go on the trip bc what if something happens while we're gone. UGHHH I wish I could be oblivious and just be excited. I'm so freaked out I called my nurse and asked if I could do the u/s tmw instead of next week so that I could see them again before the trip. She was really sweet about it and is seeing what she can do but I know I sound crazy. I wish my husband and his family would chill. 
  • Options
    @JonesBaby0624 - Let me know what you think of The Girl on the Train! I'm interested to hear how it stacks up to the book!

Anniversary
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    7w4d today

How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to? 
    I'm doing okay.  Been having a bit of nausea lately.  I just got my first u/s yesterday and I measured about 5 days behind. I'm trying to not be worried since I have no idea when I o'd and there was a strong heartbeat but everything causes me worry :/

What was the last movie you saw at the movie theater? What did you think of it?
    We just watched our like 2nd or 3rd movie since DS was born - Magnificent Seven.  I really liked (most of) it!
  • Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    edited October 2016
    @MoshiMoshi7 and @JonesBaby0624 -- Thank you! I talked it over with DH and he really made me feel a lot better!

@Jkp7749 - I feel the same way. We are going to a family wedding this weekend and I want to share things with them, especially thinking that my mom might already have since she's known for a few weeks, but I'm so worried about something going wrong that I don't know how to deal with it! I really hope they can get you in early!
    Married 8/27/2011

• Options
    jdebaie said:
    @JonesBaby0624 - Let me know what you think of The Girl on the Train! I'm interested to hear how it stacks up to the book!
    @jdebaieWill do!  I am so excited.  I was a little disappointed with the Gone Girl Movie, because I re-read the book right before we saw it.  So, I specifically did not re-read this book.  I will re-read after the movie.

• Options

2. How far along are you? 9w6d

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to? My next appointment on the 18th. the closer is gets the more anxious I get due to my MMC last time.

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Last night's post got to me too. I remember in my last BMB I kept seeing all the early losses and felling so sorry for them and so thankful that I had already seen a HB. Then I had the MMC. So now all those feelings came creeping back in because it seemed like there was a small break in the losses. I just want all these babies to stick.

5. GTKY: What was the last movie you saw at the movie theater? What did you think of it? The first one that came to mind was the Revenant and I had a horrible experience. The one time I followed directions and turned off my phone, my mom and sister were trying to get in tough with me because DS2 fell and was crying more than usual. After the movie ended (1 hours after the initial calls) we took him to the ER and he had a broken leg. I felt so horrible and now I associate that movie with a bad mom moment on my part.

Then I remembered we took the boys to see Finding Dory and they liked the movie.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    2. How far along are you?
    7 weeks 4 days

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to? 
    Last week we found out at the RE's office that we are having twins!! They both had good heart rates. I was so caught off guard, because I was so obsessed with whether or not there would be a heart beat that I didn't even consider twins. & my RE released me to my OB. I have my first appointment next week.

So far, I have only told my mom. So, the next milestone will be telling other close family members and our closest friends. I am terrified to do that before seeing or hearing the babies one more time, for reassurance, but I might just suck it up and tell them since I don't know when I would get another u/s. The next one might be around 18 weeks? I really don't know what to expect.

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:
    First trimester is so hard, because you don't really have any indication that everything is going okay. I like once you can start feeling movement. It is so reassuring.

Finding Dory with my toddler. It was cute!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 8wks2d.  My next appt isn't for a few more weeks and my NT scan is my next u/s in November. I'm in a glass cage of PGAL emotions these days for all the reasons PPs have outlined. 

The last movie I saw was Bad Moms.  It was very funny, but I feel like it was funny for all the typical "momming is hard" reasons.  It was definitely relatable and spot-on though.  Maybe I'm being such a critic because I never get to go to movies anymore.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    Off topic from the questions, anyone else freak out inside every time you see someone post that they are out. I can't help but click, but it brings me back to my loss every time I see someone leave our board. My heart breaks so bad for those who will experience a loss in this group. <3  Just working through some feelings.  :'(
    You are not the only one.  I don't open them but my heart breaks everytime!

• Options
    Off topic from the questions, anyone else freak out inside every time you see someone post that they are out. I can't help but click, but it brings me back to my loss every time I see someone leave our board. My heart breaks so bad for those who will experience a loss in this group. <3  Just working through some feelings.  :'(
    Totally not off topic. I'm glad you brought it up because I'm feeling the same way. It felt like a nice long break and now its one after another. It seems like its just that time where more and more mamas are getting their first or second u/s only to find out the bad news. It's making me even more anxious for mine tmw in spite of the symptoms.

• Options
    Can't get the questions to copy over on my phone so I'm winging it.

Had an ultrasound yesterday since my brown spotting continues - and we saw the heartbeat! 123 :). Turns out I'm probably 4 days ahead of where I was based on LMP, so I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow. It almost feels like I'm skipping week 6 since I was 6w1d yesterday.

I almost threw up last night, my first serious nausea. Yay? 

Last movie was Dead Pool at the Jordan's Furniture imax, if anyone knows what that is.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • Options
    I was just thinking this today as well.  It brings me right back to when I had to tell my last BMB that I was out.  I feel so awful for everyone going through it.

Anniversary
  • Options

2. How far along are you? 7+5

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to?  Tomorrows appointment 

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: morning sickness has went away the last few days and I've been super crampy so that just gives my mind something to race about, but I'm still exhausted so I'm counting that as a positive 

5. GTKY: What was the last movie you saw at the movie theater? What did you think of it? I have no idea to be honest, it's been a while.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    cclaineDCcclaineDC member
    edited October 2016

2. How far along are you? 9 weeks

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm doing fine. Nausea isn't as bad today as it was yesterday and earlier this week. I'm hoping that its attributable to eating better than anything else. I'm looking forward to hearing the babe's heartbeat.

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm also very saddened by all of the loss posts. While I'd like to stay positive, it's a constant reminder that so much has to go right to have a healthy baby, and most of it is out of anyone's control. I'm grateful to have made it this far, and at least for me, it helps to be cautiously optimistic.

5. GTKY: What was the last movie you saw at the movie theater? What did you think of it? I saw the Woody Allen flick Cafe Society. It was good!
  • Options
    MrsCPALeslieMrsCPALeslie member
    edited October 2016
    Hi everyone! 

I'm 7w3d today and I'm looking forward to my appointment on Monday. I will be 8 weeks and I'm just waiting to hear good news. My last baby stopped growing at 9 weeks and I found out at 11 weeks. So, I kind of wish my appointment was at week 10 because I would feel better if I knew I made it past week 9 weeks. Despite everything that happened last time, I'm feeling hopeful that II will make it this time. 

On another note, the last movie I saw at the theater was The Conjuring 2 and we rarely go to the movies now because movies just aren't that good anymore. We just wait for everything to come out on Redbox. 
  • Options

2. How far along are you? 7w

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm mostly ok, PGAL mind kicks my ass, last night I felt dripping and panicked but it was semen from the sex we'd had earlier. I have an appt on the 18th and I hope the MFM will give me an u/s so I can see the heartbeat.

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Just he usual stuff, that babe stays put. Otherwise nothing much right now

5. GTKY: What was the last movie you saw at the movie theater? What did you think of it? We saw the new Blair Witch, I actually really liked it for the most part.
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• Options
    @Jellybeanqueen13 I guess today is my day for the loss posts to get to me.  Two just this morning!!  I want to open them and offer support but I just can't.  I love to be able to see how many replies they are getting.  It helps to know they are receiving support from the rest of the board.  My heart is sad today!

• Options
    I am 6 weeks 4 days today.  One day less far along than I thought based on my trigger shot and when I thought I ovulated!

I'm doing much better after my doctor appointment yesterday! Had my third ultrasound and was finally able to see a baby and the heartbeat :) I was in such shock the doctor was probably dumbfounded by our response to him showing us where the heartbeat was!  I just didn't know what to expect and if things were really ok in there.  This is the furthest along I've ever been and I've never been able to see a baby in there! 
    Next milestone is keeping our little blob in place and it continuing to grow and be healthy! I'm excited to get to the point where we can announce on social media. 

I don't know if this is a rant, but my morning (more like all day) sickness has hit full force.  I've felt awful for almost a week now and can barely keep anything down.  My doctor gave me meds yesterday and I'm feeling a tiny tad better.  Crackers, soup, and ginger ale for the foreseeable future!

Wow last movie I saw..... maybe the pets movie?? I think that's it.  I'm excited to see girl on the train since I've read the book!
  • Options
    @JonesBaby0624 Same. I am happy that everyone else replies, because although I click on them, I can't bring myself to reply. It almost brings me to tears to come up with an appropriate response, because words aren't enough to express how much I hurt for them. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @JonesBaby0624 Same. I am happy that everyone else replies, because although I click on them, I can't bring myself to reply. It almost brings me to tears to come up with an appropriate response, because words aren't enough to express how much I hurt for them. 
    Exactly!!!

• Options
    1. I have, but as I haven't really been active since (all day nausea and a toddler) I'll briefly introduce myself again: 

I'm a 24 year old student, and I live with my fiancé and our 16 month old son in Denmark. Not much else to add really, is that sad? 

2. 7w4d

3. This terrible all day nausea is slowly killing me, along with some serious fatique and food aversions. The first trimester was not this bad the last time around.

Other than looking forward to this nausea subsiding, I'm just looking forward to the first ultrasound. I've almost managed to convince my fiance that we can't wait until week 12 (that's normally the first us you get here) and that we have to splurge on an early one at a private clinic. 

4. Rant! My fiancé has a cold, so now he's lying in bed while I have to do everything. I just wanted to rest this weekend, not deal with the man flu on top of everything else. 

5. I can't remember the last time I went to the movies. 
  • Options
    @Anna2091 I don't blame you for considering an early one. Once you've had a loss, waiting 12 weeks to find out if the pregnancy is viable would be torture.  :|
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jdebaie The Girl on the Train was good.  They stuck to the book pretty well.  However, because they tried not to venture away from the book, I felt like there were a lot of details left out. They did a great job with the dynamics of the ending.

• Options

@JonesBaby0624 - I'm definitely going to have to check it out then! Thank you!! Glad you enjoyed it :)

Anniversary