April 2017 Moms
Options

FTM: Belly get huge after eating?

I'm a first time mom and I'm 14wks.

It seems like recently after I eat my stomach gets huge! I look way more pregnant than I am. My stomach size never fluctuated like that after eating before I got pregnant. Is this normal?

My belly looks huge (and my pants are super tight after) and, often, I feel super full even if I ate a normal amount. 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: FTM: Belly get huge after eating?

• Options
    Could it be gas? That has been happening to me. My doctor said it's because my digestion is slowing down to bring out more nutrients and that can cause gas. It's super uncomfortable. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Totally normal. It's just bloating and such from hormones and slowing digestion. I had it with my first and again this time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lezdispenser it's happening to me too. I can barely eat much, then I'm so full it hurts and my stomach protrudes. I try so hard not to get full because it's painful! 
  • Options
    yes! especially today... its taco Tuesday and I ate all the tacos! 

This has happened for the past week and it happened with DD. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Yep, STM here and it happened with my first and it is happening with this one. I find that it way more so after dinner/evening time vs the rest of the day.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ah, good 'ole bloat. Also known as the reason that I don't wear pants after dinner. ;)
  • Options
    Yes! I actually look pregnant after dinner, but I don't the rest of the day so I'm not counting it as a bump.  :D
  • Options
    Yes. This was happening to me around 8-9 weeks, then slowed down a bit...until today after lunch. I actually thought that I might explode!  I do remember this from my pregnancy with DS too.
  • Options
    That skit KILLS ME hahahaha
  • Options
    Me too! 14 weeks, FTM, big belly and unusually full after small meals. I am often uncomfortably full, because I go into the meal thinking I'm starving. Then my stomach catches up with my mouth and, ugh, regrets! 
  • Options
    STM here, I had that BIG TIME with my first pregnancy just last year. Very normal, but I haven't had it at all this pregnancy. I remember feeling a bit uncomfortable and I looked pregnant before I was ready to tell people (at least I thought I looked pregnant around 10 weeks!). It went away eventually but by that point I was obviously pregnant. It is different for everyone :) I think for me it was just extra gas.