May 2017 Moms

Fitness/Nutrition Check-In (10/3-10/9)

hp_mommahp_momma member
edited October 2016 in May 2017 Moms
*In last weeks thread, we agreed to move the check-in to Monday as it would hold us more accountable at the beginning of the week*

Feel free to check-in today with these usual questions--but also write throughout the week to say what work outs you're planning on doing, will do, what's working/not, or whatever helps to keep you accountable!! 

1. How far along are you?

2. How was last week?

3. What goals are you setting for this week?

4. What workouts will you do this week? 

5. Rants, Raves, Questions, Randoms...

6. GTKY: Is it starting to become "fall" where your at? 
Married 03.09.09
Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
Little Brother Due 05.22.17

Re: Fitness/Nutrition Check-In (10/3-10/9)

• 1. How far along are you? 
    6 weeks.

2. How was last week? 
    Ok nutrition-wise.  Bad exercise-wise.

Go running two times, a two-mile and a three-mile.

My friend is mailing me my pregnancy workout DVDs that she borrowed when she was pregnant.  If they arrive this week I'm going to start on them.  They are the Expecting More series and I LOVE them.  I did them throughout my whole 2nd trimester with DS and thought they helped me stay in good shape.

Yes!  It has been a beautiful fall in Colorado so far and we are actually supposed to get some snow in my town (up in the mountains above Denver) this week which is really exciting.
  • @RainyDays86 I'm going to have to look for those DVDs. The ones I had for my first pregnancy were awful! Also, so jealous your in Colorado! My brother and his wife just sent us pictures from there this weekend and it's beautiful with all the fall leaves now! (They are in Aurora area!) 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Loading the player...
    7 weeks 2 days

2. How was last week?
    Good. I ran twice and walked once. I felt light headed and winded during my runs, but after slowing down my pace, I felt fine.

I haven't been drinking nearly as much water as I should be, so my goal is to drink more and always have some available.

Two runs and at least 2-3 long walks.

Found out I am having twins this week!! I asked my RE if I could continue my workouts. She told me that even with a twin pregnancy, I would be able to safely continue as long as I listen to my body and drink plenty of water. I honestly didn't know what the recommendation would be or if having twins would change anything. So, I was very happy to hear her response.

The mornings and evenings have been a lot  cooler. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    7 weeks 

2. How was last week?
    Started out good but then morning sickness reared its ugly head this weekend and I missed my run. 

Pish through the morning sickness as much as possible, I don't want to get out of my routine too much so I can keep it up during the 2nd trimester. Also @Jellybeanqueen13 reminds me that I probably need to be drinking a lot more water! 

4 workouts at home this week and my run this weekend. 

I have no energy to go to the grocery store even though I HAVE to go today. 

Yes, but no changing of the leaves here in Washington. We just get rain, rain, and more rain. And cold weather! I'm not ready for the rain to be back yet! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @h&p_momma Colorado is awesome in the fall!  I'm from the Pacific Northwest though, and I actually find myself really missing the rain (hence my sn) in the fall.  I don't miss 9 months of it, but I do miss those cozy rainy fall and winter days quite a bit.

• 1. How far along are you? 7 weeks

2. How was last week? Eh, I worked out three times, eating was ok. 

3. What goals are you setting for this week? I worked out this morning, so I hope to keep that up through Thursday. Keep my eating in check. I was on a diet before getting pregnant so it is hard to figure out how much I "should" be eating. 

4. What workouts will you do this week? I do workout videos, circuit training, treadmill. 

5. Rants, Raves, Questions, Randoms... Got my first bought of MS after my workout. Had to run to the toilet because I thought I was going to blow chunks all over the place. Just did a lot of dry heaving. 

6. GTKY: Is it starting to become "fall" where your at? Yes! I love fall. I live in upstate NY and drive by the Catskills everyday on my way to work. Love fall. 
  • @h&p_momma Colorado is awesome in the fall!  I'm from the Pacific Northwest though, and I actually find myself really missing the rain (hence my sn) in the fall.  I don't miss 9 months of it, but I do miss those cozy rainy fall and winter days quite a bit.
    Ahhhh I'll trade you! We are currently in Washington, (near Olympia) and I am so NOT excited about the rain being back! I'm an Arizona native so I'm all about the sunshine! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    8 wks, 2 days
    2. How was last week?
    Last week fell apart. Not to be a broken record, but... my cat. I missed my yoga class (and two other ones) because I was at the vet with her. One day at the vet, one day at the animal hospital, then another day at home pleading with her to eat (so she wouldn't need a feeding tube). She was better yesterday, but my routine isn't back to normal. My workout and eating healthy stopped. My sister ordered us a pizza the other night because I wasn't doing anything except nursing my cat back to health and shoving pills down her throat.
    Getting myself back together. Lol I have a prenatal appt Wed., so I will get more fitness/nutrition advice from them. My goal is to make a list of everything I want to ask/know about and go over that. 
    4. What workouts will you do this week? Attend both yoga classes, going to/from class also means 20 mins minimum of walking each day (and up a steep hill & stairs to get home). That's been harder since I've been pregnant. 

5. Rants, Raves, Questions, Randoms... I think I've ranted enough. 

6. GTKY: Is it starting to become "fall" where your at? Yes! I'm also in the PNW (Portland, OR area) and the trees are changing colors, the weather is cooler and we have more cloudy/rainy days. My apartment has a communal garden, so our crops are also turning to fall. I didn't grow pumpkins this year, but my neighbor did. They are getting big! 
  • @h&p_momma I get that.  People I know who didn't grow up in the Northwest have a really hard time with their winters.  My grandma has been there for almost 60 years and still isn't used to the rain.
    @tumbleweed I'm originally from PDX too!  I love/miss it sooo much!
  • @tumbleweed So sorry about your cat. I would be a wreck if anything happened to our kitty. Happy she's starting to feel better.

1. How far along are you? 7 weeks today.

2. How was last week? Was so exhausted that I spent most of it in bed. More energy today but now the nausea has hit hardcore.

3. What goals are you setting for this week? Keep eating healthy. I'm extremely overweight so that's really important to me.

4. What workouts will you do this week?  Made it on the treadmill two days in a row. Whoohoo!

5. Rants, Raves, Questions, Randoms... Keep craving mini sausages. Weird.

6. GTKY: Is it starting to become "fall" where your at? Yes, but I haven't been outside to enjoy it. (I work at home.)
  • 1. How far along are you? 6+3

2. How was last week? I barely functioned last week. 

3. What goals are you setting for this week? Make it to yoga twice and eat slightly better. 

4. What workouts will you do this week? Yoga and maybe some weights at home for arms/legs. 

5. Rants, Raves, Questions, Randoms... I would so rather lay on my couch than go do a single active healthy thing. 

6. GTKY: Is it starting to become "fall" where your at? YES and I love it!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Hi All,
    I just joined the forums. This is my first time on any type of forum! Still learning!

6 weeks

2. How was last week?
    Good! Cravings hit and very very tired. 

I'd like to start eating healthier!

Going to try to walk more. I want to sit all the time because I'm so tired!

I haven't slept properly in 4 days! I wake up between 2-4am every night! Like wide awake! 

DH and I live in Queens, NY. The cold had come in which I love! The leaves are starting to change a little bit. I love this time of year! We are also planning to move to the downstairs apartment by the end of this month! (to avoid climbing so many stairs multiple times a day). I'm nervous and excited about that but it will be a lot of work! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't been participating in this thread, but I'm going to hop on the train if y'all don't mind. I really need some accountability when it comes to food and working out:

1. How far along are you? 9 weeks

2. How was last week? awful - I ate everything in sight (except the food I'd prepped for the week) and only exercised once.

3. What goals are you setting for this week? Four workouts (at least 3 with weights), and sticking to only eating the food I cook. No eating out!

4. What workouts will you do this week? Beachbody PiYo and an exercise plan from Diary of  Fit Mommy that I bought during my last pregnancy and never used.

5. Rants, Raves, Questions, Randoms...My stomach is driving me crazy. First I'm starving, so I eat. Then it's upset and I feel like I'm gonna puke. PICK A LANE!

6. GTKY: Is it starting to become "fall" where your at? Barely - I'm in Texas and the weather is a little cooler. Other than a couple of glorious mornings, though, it's really Summer V2.0 still

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Also jumping into this thread, if that's okay.   :)

7 weeks

2. How was last week?
    Does napping count as exercise?

I really need to get my butt in gear. I will try to work out twice this week.

If I do at least 2-3 yoga sessions this week (at home), and next week, then maybe I'll start paying to go back to the studio and doing it there. Which I really do enjoy! That's my October goal: Get back to the studio regularly. I feel better when I take care of myself!

Thank you, pants, for fitting just fine yesterday and not today.

Yes! There's a tree on my street that's always the first to turn. It's a mix of coral, gold, and green, it's so pretty.
  • Hi ladies!  I'd like to play!

7 weeks 2 days based on LMP but only measuring 6 weeks 3 days as of today so that's what I'll roll with. 

2. How was last week?
    Not good. I caught a cold on Monday and was out of commission the entire week. I'm still not feeling great but planning on starting back tomorrow

Get all my miles in and attempt a long run 

Running and various weight exercises (my usual routines)

Anyone else planning on running a half or full marathon while pregnant in here?  I was in the middle of training for a half when this little surprise happened. I got the green light to keep at it by my OB today. 

Yes!  Cooler mornings finally. Still warm in the afternoon but loving the cool mornings. 
    Off BC since January 2012/TTC #1 since April 2012
    October 2013 IUI #1 - 5mg femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    November 2013 IUI #2 - 5mg femara + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Crinone = 12/16/13 FIRST EVER BFP!!!  DD Blaire Noelle 8/26/14
    Surprise!  2 under 2 is happening!  Due 12/5/15 (updated)

• 1. How far along are you? 10 weeks

2. How was last week? Okay, 2 runs, 2 strength sessions.

3. What goals are you setting for this week? Well, given that I didn't get up today to work out, I will say 4 days since 5 is pretty much shot since I didn't get one in today. 

4. What workouts will you do this week? Probably same as last week although I might do a circuit session instead of one of my strength sessions. 

5. Rants, Raves, Questions, Randoms... I wish I would've gotten up early. I actually feel good today and nausea is pretty much gone so I could've had a good workout. 

6. GTKY: Is it starting to become "fall" where your at?  Definitely, all the leaves are turning and we have beautiful fall colors up in the mountains. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• First post in the fitness group. I'm a Beachbody coach that lost 40 lbs after Baby #2, so I'm trying to make this pregnancy as healthy as possible! It's my first go round at working out while pregnant (which is funny because I am also the sickest this time).

1. How far along are you? 8 weeks 2 days 

2. How was last week? Good for workouts (got 6 days of Beachbody videos in)...AWFUL for nutrition!

3. What goals are you setting for this week? Eat healthier and keep up workouts

4. What workouts will you do this week? Tried out Core De Force yesterday, plan to follow 21 Day Fix Extreme most of the week.

5. Rants, Raves, Questions, Randoms... This nausea and windedness is killing me, as are the carb cravings (I am usually a protein girl ALL the way).

6. GTKY: Is it starting to become "fall" where your at? Hahahahahaha....I live in Houston. We don't have fall
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • Love seeing all the new faces in our check-in! The more the merrier! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • tumbleweed-1tumbleweed-1 member
    edited October 2016
    Okay, time to leave for yoga. It's drizzly out and I would rather call it a night and watch netflix, but it has been a week. Thanks for this post to help hold us accountable. 
    edit- typo!!!!
  • 1. How far along are you? 7+4

2. How was last week? Good! I walked for almost an hour every day. Nutrition wise I could be doing better. I'm having a hard time getting calcium in. Dairy just has no appeal right now.

3. What goals are you setting for this week? Keep up with last week, but try more balanced meals instead of just veggies and protein.

4. What workouts will you do this week? Walking, and maybe slip in a bit of yoga.

5. Rants, Raves, Questions, Randoms... Is calcium enriched orange juice a good supplement for milk? 

6. GTKY: Is it starting to become "fall" where your at? It is!! Which is really exciting because it usually jumps straight from summer to snowing here.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • 1. How far along are you?  8 Weeks 2days

2. How was last week?  AWFUL!! My husband was out of town and due to needing to get home for the dog/ appointments I worked out only on Monday. Then I went out of town for the weekend and ate like crap haha

3. What goals are you setting for this week?  I want to make it to the Gym Mon, Tue (check, check) Friday, and Sat Morning. 

4. What workouts will you do this week? I work out at a gym so whatever they have planned. IT's a structured gym, you go in and they have a work out of the day or they have power hour classes (mixture of cardio and weight lifting)

5. Rants, Raves, Questions, Randoms... My boobs hate when I move. I've stopped alot of the high impact jumping but even a slight jog hurts the girls.

6. GTKY: Is it starting to become "fall" where your at?  Was chilly last week, this week back up to uppper 70's!! I have no desire to see the white crap anytime soon so I'm happy with the delayed fall haha. 
  • Crawled out of bed at 4 am yesterday to work out, and got a nice session in. Crawled out of bed today at 4 am, and then crawled right back in. Now I know I have to squeeze something in after work, and I don't waaaaaaanna. LOL

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17

7w

2. How was last week?
    ehhh. Home with a sick kid so that threw things off then husband had a man cold over the weekend. 

Exercise more than I did last week. 

I want to get to the gym Tues, Thurs, and Saturday and do some treadmill time on off days. I rowed yesterday and I felt awful, my splits were 20 seconds off from usual. 

I asked my husband what the deal was with exercise because I see conflicting info about heart rates and being able to talk and what have you. He said I can just keep doing what I'm doing and be mindful of how I feel which is nice. HR targeting would have driven me nuts. 

Kind of? It's finally out of the 90s but we are still 80s most days. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Hi everyone. TGIF! How are we doing for the week so far? Did we meet our goals? If you didn't, there's still a few more days this week before the next major check-in. Hang in there, take care of yourself (even in some small way), take it one day at a time, and we'll all be healthier for it!

I personally didn't meet my goals yet but am planning to work out as soon as I wake up Saturday morning. If I get it done first thing in the day, then I can check it off and be done and feel good about it. Food-wise, I wasn't horrible, but could always make healthier choices. I ate a lot of watermelon though (nausea) so that's something!