Pregnant after 35
Options

What is your pregnancy story?

My hubby and I have agreed on 3 kids total, but disagreed on the timing, were both no spring chickens so when we finally decided to go for our 3rd baby, oh no, we fight!  We put off TTC our 3rd for 3-4 months.  Finally we reconcile and decided to TTC again  my hubby from the moment he made his deposit said theres a baby in there.  I disagreed and didnt want to get my hopes up because we only had sex the one time during my fertile period.  Finally the TWW was over and guess what?? No period by the 27th day!  I waited one more day to take a test and lo and behold I get my BFP with nice dark lines!  Im in absolute shock because we only had sex that one time.  Now I'm 10wks.  

Whats your story, was your pregnancy planned, unplanned?  Did you fight like we did and put it off?  Please do share.  

Re: What is your pregnancy story?

• Options
    I love your story @Liss_37!!!    And I can totally relate to you @soon2bmomof3. My husband and I fought constantly about TTC number 2. I thought about leaving him. He was a good sport and went ahead and got an SA while I did all the other invasive infertility testing. The we called quits on drs and I went to an acupuncturist and got set straight on my diet. I finally ovulated and got pregnant with 1 try in August.  DH basically had no reaction and didn't talk about the pregnancy at all for several weeks. I became so angry with him. Contemplated leaving him again. He started showing interest last week, so I've decided to hold out any quick decisions. I just want to be happy. I've wanted this for so many years!
    **child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
    MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
    BFP 8/26/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    thankyou! i'm sorry your husband has been less than supportive. hopefully as this baby grows he will realize what a blessing it truly is!!

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    @Li37 Thank you for sharing and congratulations on you bundles!  Do you know if your having boys or girls, fraternal or identical?  How exciting!
  • Options
    @happyktmom, congrats on you bundle.  You got pregnant for a reason and your hubby will definitely begin to be more receptive as time goes on.  Lord knows that by the time me and hubby BD'd it was the right time for us, and when I got my BFP, he was fully onboard.  I dont think that wouldve happened 6 months ago..  
  • Options
    We have 5 yr old twins (fraternal girls) and always planned on them being it for us.  God had other plans.  Despite infertility issues and a properly placed IUD we are expecting our little miracle third baby (a boy!) in March!  Still wrapping our heads around this lol. 
  • Options
    I know they are fraternal, we find out the genders on Halloween at my anatomy scan :)

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    Congrats @knottie on your 3rd miracle baby!  Im sure your girls will love doting on their new baby brother. :)
  • Options
    I've been talking to my husband for about 2-3 years about wanting another child. He would always say you don't really want to start over and I would get to thinking about it because my son was 12 when I first started thinking it and my DD was 7. He would say stuff like we can travel after the kids are gone and all of our friends are now dealing with little kids do you really want to do that again. Well I must have been talking about it enough that he started thinking about it in Feb or March of this year he asked if I was serious about wanting to try again. We agreed to try the agreement was if I'm not pregnant by December I wouldn't say anything else about it.  Well it happened in June around his birthday. I didn't find out until the end of july. I didn't start to put pieces together until my husband who likes to take pictures of me when I'm asleep in the car was in his 5 or 6 different car pose asked me why I was so tired. Once he said that I started thinking about other things that were going on with my body.  Boob's hurting,  no period - I kept feeling like it would come, I was having some food aversions. Finally decided to take a test the Friday after July 24th because it would have been a week after I was supposed to get my period according to the app I barely use.  Took it on that Saturday night and test came back positive. Had my first US on Aug 5th and found out I was 6weeks2days at the ripe age of 38. We were both surprised and happy.

• Options
    I am 39 and my BF is 44. I have a 17 year old daughter.  He has16 and 18 year old daughters.  We have been together almost 2 years.  I am 11 weeks along.  It was a surprise.  I was on the pill but have had gastric surgery.  They think it may have been an absorption issue.  We are happy and excited though!  Always thought we would have more..just not 17 years later lol.
  • Options
    My husband and I have been together for 4yrs. Just celebrated our 1yr wedding anniversary! We talked about having a baby before we got married and decided it would be 1 and done due to age. ( he has a 11yr old daughter.) (I'm 35 and he will be 39 when baby is born) So married in Oct and found out we were expecting in May. Was only off pill for 2 months so happened sooner than we thought! Will welcome a girl in Jan. 
  • Options
    I have been with my bf a year and a half. From day one I told him I wanted a baby before I was 42 (I just turned 40 when we met) and he was ok with that.  Soooo this spring I said ok let's go! He agreed and our girl is due this February! We are both so excited.  
  • Options
    My hubby and I have been married 14 years and TTC for at least 10. I have irregular cycles, PCOS, a fibroid, and had endometriosis. We tried IUI in 2012 to no success and decided we would just wait on God.

Work had me out of town for a month and when I returned, we celebrated!  I'm 40, so wanted to schedule a mammogram. They stressed needing a pregnancy test, but I didn't think much of it. It was time for my annual, so I scheduled that first. At the appointment, my Dr.had the usual talk of not waiting too long between cycles and prescribed Provera.  I was in the pharmacy getting it filled when they called me back up to say I was pregnant.  Blood work confirmed.  My hubby thought I w as joking.  The transvaginal ultrasound on 11/9 confirmed 6w4d pregnant with heartbeat flicker shown. We are very excited and nervous for our first child!
  • Options
    What a great story Punkin76!!!!
  • Options
    I was 33 when my husband and I got married. Before marriage we had talked about putting off pregnancy for a few years, but after getting married we both agreed it would be better not to and to just try right away because A. Waiting a few years would put me in mid thirties and it could be harder. B He has a son who was ten at the time and that was a big age gap to begin with. 

So two years later still haven't conceived and my OB is telling me how I might want to look into fertility treatments and such, especially because now I'm 35, etc, etc... it was really hard not to feel depressed about it. Two years of crossing my fingers and looking for signs every. Single. Period. Ugh.

Then at two years and two months of trying I am at the bridal shop with my best friend trying on a dress as I am going to be her matron of honour.  We joke about how now that I have a reason to stay one size (we were being measured that day) I would get pregnant. I am whistfully saying it's a problem I would love to have, and the lady taking my measurements says they will put off making the final order for two months "just in case" since my husband and I are actively trying. I say sure but... not likely to happen right now. What are the odds? If at all probably more months from now...

Well... a few weeks later I discover that not only am I pregnant, but I was about five days pregnant wile at the dress shop joking with my friend!

• Options
    We had a lot of trouble conceiving #2 (Secondary IF, tubal factor, fertility drugs, acupuncture, etc.), so when he was born, I was just so happy for our little miracle.  I sort of wanted a third, but I didn't want to go through all of the stress and expense again.  I told myself that if it happens on its own, it's meant to be.  Well, guess what?  Surprise BFP! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14