TTC After a Loss
Options

Intro, and question about blood screens

Hello everyone!

My name is Grace, and I am back on the bump.com after a few months hiatus. I have two angel babies, one MC at 11 weeks this past March (I had a DNC shortly after)  my second MC was this past July at 6 weeks. I have no other kids. I have finally finished my natural miscarriage after two and a half months of bleeding. Missing my angels, so ready to have a baby in my arms! I am otherwise healthy and the doctor says this is sadly just bad luck. I'm not technically 'high risk' yet.

Quick question:  I've gone through one cycle, and waiting another month or two before TTC. Our doctor wants us to come in at the end of October to do a blood screen that checks both my blood and my husband's blood for chromosomal abnormalities as well as checks for thyroid levels, ect. I'd love to know of anyone who has gone through these preliminary checks before even trying to conceive, and how long the process take:smile::) I have no idea what the process is like. Let me know! Thanks!

Grace

Re: Intro, and question about blood screens

• Options
    We both went through those as well as many other tests. Our chromosome analysis took about two weeks for results. Thyroid is usually a week or so. My RPL panels took 2.5 weeks to come back as well as our genetic disease screening. 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    I'm sorry for your losses. Hopefully you'll get some answers (or not- depending on the tests). FX.
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome. So sorry for your loss. I had the full RPL panel done. Estradiol, FSH, TSH, A1C, testosterone, androgen levels, and APS test came back in 2-3 days. AMH came back in 1 week and chromosome testing came back in 2.5 weeks. I hope the time passes quickly for you and any issues that you may have are easily fixable!
  • Options
    RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited October 2016
    Most of the bloodwork was back in a week for me, except the chromosome testing. That took 3 weeks, although my OB said it could have taken 4-6 weeks. I also had a saline sonogram, which had to be scheduled between CD5 and CD9. So, that could take a few weeks, depending on where you are in your cycle.