January 2016 Moms
Options

Back issues from epidural shot?

Ever since my epidural shot my back has not been the same! It is constantly achy, especially on rainy damp days. Anyone else experiencing this? 

Re: Back issues from epidural shot?

• Options
    I have had a sore spot on my spine since then. Ive talked to a friend of mine who said she had a sore spot for quite some time after her epidural like mine. It doesnt hurt all the time but if I touch that spot its sore nothing bad that I cant handle. Also had a rough labor so my back and everything may just need aligned a little things tend to shift and carrying a baby on your hip doesn't help.
  • Options
    Yes. I had a spinal and it had to be given three times until both sides of my body were numb. I now experience pain and soreness in my back around that area. It is nothing terrible but I do notice it from time to time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For those experiencing numbness, we're you told to delay pushing at all? My friend had an epidural and was then told to wait a while for the doctor when she was ready to push, her effects lasted around two years and she was told it was due to the latter not the former. Hope you all feel better soon!
  • Options
    I don't have numbness but my back is in a constant state of pain. 
    My sister who works in a physical thereby office says working on your core will help the pain. 
    I have yet to try it, because getting out of bed hurts and laying on the floor to do sit-ups isn't appealing while I'm in pain. 
  • Options
    I don't have numbness but my back is in a constant state of pain. 
    My sister who works in a physical thereby office says working on your core will help the pain. 
    I have yet to try it, because getting out of bed hurts and laying on the floor to do sit-ups isn't appealing while I'm in pain. 
    Plank! It's an easy way to ease into core stuff and build up some strength without wanting to die. I'm feeling like a lot my my back pain is due to a weak core. I can't wait to stop pumping at work so I can workout on my lunch break.