December 2016 Moms
Options

Random 9.30

Re: Random 9.30

• Options
    @temmetime @yellingbanana You both made me cry! Thank you for being so sweet! <3
  • Options
    Dd1 is getting into a habit of waking up at 505...to watch mickey while drinking her milk. 

DH and I get up at 5. Usually we drag her put of bed at 530 (we leave the house at 6)  this week she figured out if she's up early she gets tv time while mommy and daddy get ready for work and prep lunches. That sneaky 2yo. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sourlemon smart kiddo you got there! 
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Completely random question here. I was walking up the stairs and felt a popping sensation in my left ankle. Now it throbs and I'm having a hard time putting my weight on it. I didn't trip or roll it or anything. Think it could just be a stress fracture? My ankles haven't really had much swelling yet either. So weird.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    Stress fractures don't pop. I've had lots of them over the years from running...they take time to form. 

Hairline fractures are similar but could just happen...but probably still wouldn't pop. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @cgss11 I feel similarly about our road trip... I know I have time, but I'm terrified of being away from home this late and that far away! 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    @ajstevenson the one time I sprained my ankle playing soccer as a teenager- it made a big pop sound. :/ I'd say that regardless, the loosening of ligaments and joints is due to pregnancy. Thanks a lot babies! But really, if it starts swelling, you could go into the dr., they will say to elevate it and ice on and off regularly to keep swelling and pain down. Sorry about the ankle :( no fun. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @ajstevenson  Good luck the ankle, I hope it feels better with rest and ice

There is frost on the ground this morning... a lot of it.  I am not ready for this yet!!  I woke up and turned the fireplace on.  Brr!
  • Options
    Had my identity stolen last week- they opened an amazon credit card in my maiden name (which hasn't been my name for 5+ years, so no idea how that came about!!)- check your credit reports often ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ajstevensonajstevenson member
    edited October 2016
    Thanks ladies! Sore and bruised today but only a tiny bit of swelling. You're right, probably just from everything being loose!

Eta,  @toller that sucks! I'm glad you caught it fairly quickly though. I honestly check mine monthly, but I'm a freak like that.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    @phoenix870509 Yes! Rhett is head down now and his favorite thing is to stretch. It feels like pressure on the top of my belly and also down low. Very distinguishable from his kicks and his squirming around. He's done it a lot the last couple of days :)
  • Options
    I feel like calling people "liars" when they say "Your not big at all". You wouldn't say that to someone that isn't at all big, now would you?  :D
    DS's pediatrician actually called me "tiny" yesterday. Um... I'm almost 170. "Tiny" almost feels like mockery!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    Thank you @LinziLoo09n for the cliffs notes version. I went through most of the randoms yesterday as I was getting a pedi (it was terrible down there!)

@dmontgo, I have lurking and reading about your BP struggles, hurricane etc, so I hope it is smooth sailing from here on! Exciting about finding an apt and the move. I love planning & figuring out where all the stuff is going to go in the new place, especially in the kitchen. And remember stuff is just stuff, it's always such a nice feeling to make someone feel better, that sticks with you.

@maamawaabangi, I am sorry for your loss. My grandpa has been sick for a long time, he had a blood clot in his legs which made him bed ridden in 2007! We thought we would lose him then and every year or so there after. It is a roller coaster ride everytime he has some sort of complication. He is fading away slowly (dementia), but still with us. I am sure it will still be a shock and hurt a lot when it happens.

@troller, that sucks! I had someone try to open an account one time when I threw away my mail in my lab trash can at work. The cleaning crew must have grabbed those credit card offers I threw away, but they were denied because there was not much addition info. Careful with those offers and shred them!!

@slartybartfast, I noticed that it depend what you tell people as far as how far along you are.  If I say I am 7 months (finished 7th month), they are like oh you have a while, so they mean you are big! If I say I am in the 8th month, they are like wow you are tiny. If I say have 7 weeks left they are like oh you still have more to grow. If I say 32 weeks then I get a mix....so weird! 
    I just say in the 8th month because I know I will get the comment I want! Lol

******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• Options
    I'm officially 180 lbs, which was how much I weighed when I gave birth to DD2. Dang it. I'm 5'3" and normally 135lbs. I'm in so much trouble, the 3rd tri is when I start retaining mass amounts of water. 
    Only 8 more weeks to go. And instead of getting the 'so small' comments, I get the pity looks and the 'that must be a big baby!' when people ask for my due date. 
    Why is it ok to judge what a woman should look like when she is pregnant? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @yellingbanana same boat!!! 5'3 135 pre-pregnancy, 172 on my weigh in Wednesday, and about 9 more weeks to go. I'm over the "big baby" comments and pity looks. I had one woman tell me I was tiny, but then wouldn't look me in the eye after that :/
  • Options
    Ugh, I feel like I need someone to stand over me sternly and make me write these shower thank you notes. It's not even that big of a deal. What's my problem? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @LinziLoo09 We are technically moved into the new apartment, but we still have a bunch of stuff at the old house that we need to throw away, sell, or move. DH wanted to get me into the new apartment ASAP so I could relax and let him take care of the move. Considering that now I'm on modified bedrest, I'm glad it happened so quickly.

There are times when I get sad about it though, like how we are losing/lost our Halloween decorations and furniture. I try to laugh about it and remind myself that I *did* want to nest hardcore and clean everything...apparently I wanted to nest SO HARD that I willed trees on our house to get a brand new, clean place. Haha. 
  • Options

That's just so much to deal with at any point in life, not to mention during pregnancy. Do you like the new apartment at least?

And I didn't realize you were put on modified bedrest. When did that happen? I had that at the end of my last pregnancy, which was not great fun.

December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    @LinziLoo09 I do really like the new apartment! It's smaller than our house was but it has a nice open floor plan and the right amount of space we need--no stairs for me to climb to get to the nursery, and one less bathroom and room for me to clean! We also have a lot of natural sunlight, a big pool, a gym, and other nice amenities included, not to mention a big park and library within walking distance. But still, moving is never fun.

My BP was 146/113 at my appointment last Thursday. My doctor threatened to hospitalize me but didn't because of the hurricane circumstances that he believes were driving it so high. So I'm on modified bedrest until Ashton is born. I can do a few light things around the house (no lifting) or go on one errand a day (DH drives me) but for every thing I do, I have to spend at least an hour sitting and resting. It's not ideal for my personality type, but still getting dressed and making a very small to-do list each day helps. I do think it is helping, though.
  • Options
    @LinziLoo09 you're a saint, thanks for that pep talk. I'm trying my hardest to not worry too much about the gain! 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    tinattt23tinattt23 member
    edited October 2016
    There are two dogs handing out in my yard that are not mine...
    They have tags but are skiddish and won't let me get close enough to take a look. Guess I'll be knocking on all the neighbors doors when everyone gets home. 

ETA: FI just pointed out this will make 5 dogs that we've found (in 3 events) since I've been pregnant. Odd.