Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

How long do I struggle?

I'm new to this board. We went to our first ultrasound on September 2nd and our baby had no heartbeat at 12w 2d measuring 10w. I had a d&c the next day. I went right back to work and I'm struggling. I have a 3 yr old who makes every day worthwhile but I'm wondering how long you struggle. I'm trying to hold it together every day and some days are easier than others but i'm finding it hard. I'm sorry for everyone on this board and appreciate any thoughts.

Re: How long do I struggle?

• Options
    I don't think there's a right or wrong answer for that. I truly believe you allow yourself to grieve and deal with your emotions. I can say right after my loss I was a mess but now that it has been over a month each day is easier. Just take it one day at a time. Sending you T&P
  • Options
    I agree with PP. I just try to take one day at a time and for me it got easier with time. With that being said it still sucks. Allow yourself to process this grief and to feel all the emotions that come with it. The longer you put off processing it, the harder it is to move on I think. Having a good support system helps too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with pp.  I'm so sorry you are going through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.  I was a mess for about the first month and then one day I was able to get through the day without crying.  I still have bad days and think of my angel daily but it's easier now that some time has passed.   Hug that LO of yours as often as you can. My LO helped so much.  
  • Options
    I am sorry for your loss. Having a loss is hard. I still cry when I think about it.