May 2017 Moms
Options

Why My SO is Awesome 9/30

Let's hear the gushy stories! 

Re: Why My SO is Awesome 9/30

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dh is honestly the best guy I know. He drives me crazy at times, but I am so lucky to have him. He gets DD ready for bed every night, wakes up with her, and just all around the best dad. Plus he is a saint for putting up with me. I am probably the most needy person out there and he just takes it in stride.
  • Options
    Awwww I love all the stories about how wonderful everyones SO's can be! I'd hate to think the majority of you ladies were unhappy with your relationships <3
    My SO is amazing. When he found out about baby he hugged me and didn't wanna let me go <3 he's been such a rock for me as he has children from a previous marriage and this is my first. I have been relying heavily on him lately as the morning sickness is getting very aggressive. Past couple nights I've felt terrible and SO stays up with me cuddling and comforting me. He doesn't hesitate to cook for me or bring home goodies from the store and he's always thinking about me and baby. 
    I feel so ridiculously safe with SO,  he calms my nerves and makes me feel better about being a new mommy <3
  • Options
    kat81kat81 member
    edited October 2016
    DH is super sick right now with a cold but he is still managing to step up and rally to help when I also feel like hell and the kids are out of control. Tonight the kids were both awful, but DH just handled things (well, we did together, but it was still impressive given his body's state.)

One little example of him thinking of me while in the middle of kid/stress time -- DS had been holding in poop for a few days and had some minor poop accidents this evening. I was going to give both kids a bath but noticed DS's problem and made him sit on the potty. But he was sitting wrong, trying to get up, etc. So I called DH up, who had been working on cleaning up dinner downstairs (which he did 100% of, even with my calls for help, oh and he also made dinner). I told DH he could take over DD's bath and I'd be on poop duty. Well, the smell got to me. DH was like, "I have something for you." Two seconds later he was back with ginger tea for me. He had already brewed before the poop thing happened. Tea emerged for me multiple times all evening. Given he was the sick one, this was really thoughtful. He's always looking out for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    This is one of my favorite threads by far. I love the real-life love stories.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was grocery shopping the other day and found a really cute $1 onesie that said "I'm awesome, just like my Dad" and I bought it. H has been really busy lately with work and also building the basement for our house. With a baby on the way I know he's feeling pressure to get the house stuff done as soon as possible before the cold weather hits. When I showed him the onesie I told him that I loved him and that this baby will be awesome because s/he will have an awesome Dad to look up to. H started tearing up. Best husband ever :)

I would really love to know what thoughts go through guys' minds when their SO is expecting. For as much as us women worry, plan, and get excited about baby things, our SOs are probably constantly thinking of baby things too, but from a different perspective. H will randomly makes comments about baby things and it makes me so happy to hear his thoughts. I'm beyond thankfull for everything H has done for me and for the awesome guy he is.
  • Options
    Mine has just been incredibly easy going with my brattiness lately. There's no other way to put it--I've been a bit of a brat! Like yesterday, a friend accidentally sent an eggplant emoji to me, which made me think of eggplant parmesan, which made me NEED Olive Garden breadsticks, and hubby didn't even think twice. Just got ready and drove me to Olive Garden. Lol 
  • Options
    My hubby works long hours and is helpful as can be with our 2yr old. Just this morning, he went into work for a couple of hours, came home and took the kiddo to Menards and McDonald's, just to let me sleep! (6weeks along and I'm miserable all day long!) 
  • Options
    I don't give my husband enough props and this reminds me of how amazing he is! He is so hands on with the kids and it's so helpful. I also work nightshift 3 nights per week and if it's a weekend and the kids aren't in school/daycare he is awesome about letting me sleep and entertaining the kids! He would literally do anything for me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine has just been incredibly easy going with my brattiness lately. There's no other way to put it--I've been a bit of a brat! Like yesterday, a friend accidentally sent an eggplant emoji to me, which made me think of eggplant parmesan, which made me NEED Olive Garden breadsticks, and hubby didn't even think twice. Just got ready and drove me to Olive Garden. Lol 
    Mmmmm now I want Olive Garden!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a bit late to the party here but props to my DH today!  I somehow contracted the cold from hell! I'm talking sore throat, bodyaches, headache, runny nose, the works. I'm feeling awful. He has waited on me hand and foot all day today including bringing me water to our bedroom, cleaning the kitchen and just generally being awesome. Plus he had a bit of a late night last night and I suspect he's a bit hungover on top of it. He'll be such a great dad. 
  • Options
    I've had a horrible sinus tension headache for the past few days. Today he totally handled the boys while I slept for 2 hours. When I got up he took them outside to play so I could watch some Netflix while laying down on the couch. He's such a great dad and husband.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    yesterday my DH gave me box and said 'happy anniversary' I've been so nauseated and exhausted I completely forgot it was one of our anniversaries (we have three, because we're special snowflakes). Anyway, it was a bottle of wine from Santorini (the island where we got married) made in the year we got together. Who is this romantic fellow? He can be pretty alright sometimes. Also has been getting up with DS so I can stay in bed 20 mins longer in the morning.