October 2016 Moms
Options

friday ticker change 9.30.16

3 weeks in a row- we're on a roll now ladies!

How many weeks? 

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?

GTKY: Now that we are all pretty much in the home stretch, are the nerves starting to kick in? (every ticker change this week- why be original?)

Re: friday ticker change 9.30.16

• Options
    How many weeks? 37 weeks

What size is baby? Romaine lettuce

Upcoming appointments? Monday for my weekly OB appointment

Rants/Raves/Questions? We're starting to check more and more items off of our to-do list, so that makes me feel more prepared. I've given up on looking professional for work.  :) We STILL need a middle name, but otherwise I think we are ready for this baby to get here!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I'm only waking up once a night now, but I still feel tired all the time. My feet and hands are incredibly swollen, but my blood pressure is still relatively low, so I just have to deal with that. 

GTKY: Now that we are all pretty much in the home stretch, are the nerves starting to kick in? (every ticker change this week- why be original?)  A little bit. I'm more nervous about being a good parent to 2 children. I'm sure that there are lots of things that I've forgotten about taking care of a newborn, but it seems more daunting to divide my attention between the new baby and DD. I hope she doesn't feel too overlooked.  :|
  • Options
    How many weeks? 
    38w0d. C-section planned for next Friday so this is officially my LAST pregnancy update!  :o

What size is baby?
    Winter melon?

Upcoming appointments?
    I have my last OB/GYN appointment on Wednesday, then a prep appointment at the hospital on Thursday. We find out then what time we'll be having this baby on Friday! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I'm still really freaking out about the surgery, and haven't really had the chance to think about what comes after. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?
    Baby has dropped completely and taken up the new hobby of kicking off of my ribs into my cervix. Every time I sit on the toilet I feel like he's going to fall out. I also officially have back cramping, though I'm pretty lucky it didn't happen earlier. No real cravings or aversions. 

GTKY: 

Now that we are all pretty much in the home stretch, are the nerves starting to kick in? (every ticker change this week- why be original?)
    Well as I said above, TOTALLY freaking out about the surgery. I'm also nervous about how on earth I'm going to take care of a newborn?! Luckily the midwives and doctors seem nice, so I will probably irritate the crap out of them by asking a million questions. 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ball4768 , I"m jealous you're only getting up once to pee.  I have to get up so many times at night, and getting out of bed is a HUGE task.  

@books&icecream ; try and calm yourself before the surgery.  being nervous probably won't be good for your BP or for the baby.  The docs got this.  The nurses too.  You're gonna be in awesome hands.  

How many weeks?
    38 + 3

What size is baby? a pomeranian! :)

Upcoming appointments? next wednesday, a blood draw too, because of the steak tartare incident ha.  

Rants/Raves/Questions? raves:  it's my last day at work today, i'm getting a massage after work and a mani pedi tomorrow morning.  Hopefully a brunch on Sunday with my girlfriends.  Rants:  I wish i didn't eat the steak tartare. My back is killing me.  My bladder is always full.  Shitting is awful.  

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I'm not a banana fan....but the past two weeks I've been so addicted to DH's banana smoothies.  Maybe I need more potassium in my life?  

GTKY: Now that we are all pretty much in the home stretch, are the nerves starting to kick in? (every ticker change this week- why be original?) 
    Both excited and scared for the monumental life change this brings.  Can you imagine ladies?  In just a few days/weeks, there's gonna be a whole new person in our lives.  They'll have preferences, opinions, etc.  ANOTHER PERSON.  We made a PERSON, and were gonna get to meet this person soon.  This thought always blows my mind!
  • Options
    38 weeks 

Pomeranian 

Ultrasound on monday to check size (I've been measuring big) and OB appointment on Wednesday and I better have made some progress!! 

The snoring is seriously out of control! I wake up 3x a night to pee and who knows how many due to my own snoring ! I'm utterly exhausted with no baby to show for it  

Snoring... my hands/ finger joint pain is getting worse 

I'm not nervous, just anxious to meet my girl!