May 2017 Moms

Fitness/Nutrition Check In (Week of 9/29)

Happy Thursday! One day closer to the weekend!

Feel free to check-in today with these usual questions--but also write throughout the week to say what work outs you're planning on doing, will do, what's working/not, or whatever helps to keep you accountable!! No matter how much fitness you're accomplishing this first trimester- good for you for trying for a fit and healthy pregnancy!!

1. How was last week?

2. What goals are you setting for this week?

3. What workouts will you do this week? 

4. Rants, Raves, Questions, Randoms...

5. GTKY: What's one thing you hope your little one will get from you? And one thing you hope they'll get from your SO? 
Married 03.09.09
Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
Little Brother Due 05.22.17

Re: Fitness/Nutrition Check In (Week of 9/29)

• 1. How was last week?
    Eh last week was ok. I typically work out m-th, and this past Monday I was exhausted and slept in.

Just want to stick to working out for as long as I can, and eat as healthily as possible.

I work out at home before work, and I typically do a video, or some form of circuit training.

Totally unrelated rant but... I ordered something online last Thursday for an order I need to send out on Monday, and the place didn't ship it for a long time so I reached out to them... they told me it was in the mail on Tuesday, but the tracking only says that label was created... I ship a lot of things myself and that typically means it was not mailed.  I'm really aggravated because now I had to buy it off of amazon for 4x the price I paid, in order to make sure I'll have it Saturday to complete my order.  And I complained about it, and she said it was shipped... Just don't lie to me!

5. GTKY: What's one thing you hope your little one will get from you? And one thing you hope they'll get from your SO? 
    I have blue eyes, so I hope my baby gets that.  My SO has an excellent metabolism, and can eat whatever without gaining, so I hope they get a little bit of that.
  • 1. How was last week?
    I've been feeling really unmotivated, but try to at least do some stretching/squats at home at least. I stay home with my girls and our gym doesn't offer childcare, so I can only make it to the actual gym on Saturdays when DH is home. 

Waking up before my kids so I can workout in peace and quiet without a 2 year old trying to crawl on top of me! 

More cardio at home, squats, hand weights, and then I'll jog/row machine at the gym. 

I'm an Arizona native but we currently live in Washington state and the rain/cool weather has started up this week and I'm so not ready for it yet! I love summer and sunshine! 

Well DD1 has my brown hair/hazel eyes and DD2 has DHs blonde hair/blue eyes so I hope the next one has my hair and his blue eyes! I also hope they have my patience and my DHs motivation! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Loading the player...
  • How does everyone feel about moving this check-in to either Sunday or Monday? I know in the original post it was outlined that these check-ins would be Thursday, but I feel like it's the middle of the week and this is supposed to help motivate us throughout the week! Maybe it's just me being OCD but the week starts on Monday! Lol 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • vrj0522vrj0522 member
    edited September 2016
    h&p_momma said:
    How does everyone feel about moving this check-in to either Sunday or Monday? I know in the original post it was outlined that these check-ins would be Thursday, but I feel like it's the middle of the week and this is supposed to help motivate us throughout the week! Maybe it's just me being OCD but the week starts on Monday! Lol 
    Yes please! I was about to recommend this. Middle of the week doesn't work as well for weekly goals.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Works for me too!
  • 1. How was last week? Last week I only worked out 3 days but at least it was something.

2. What goals are you setting for this week? I was going for 5 workouts and did Monday and Tuesday, took yesterday off and then had some light spotting this morning so took today off also. I will still try to workout Fri/Sat so I'll have hopefully get 4 in.

3. What workouts will you do this week?  Ran one day, weights the next. Fri/Sat are still in the air. Probably weights tomorrow and if I see no more blood, I will run Saturday, otherwise yoga. 

4. Rants, Raves, Questions, Randoms... I'm so tired!

5. GTKY: What's one thing you hope your little one will get from you? And one thing you hope they'll get from your SO? From me: determination. From DH: dimples! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• I don't remember my last BMB doing this so I'm excited. Sundays or Mondays do sound better though. :) 

Happy Thursday! One day closer to the weekend!

Feel free to check-in today with these usual questions--but also write throughout the week to say what work outs you're planning on doing, will do, what's working/not, or whatever helps to keep you accountable!! No matter how much fitness you're accomplishing this first trimester- good for you for trying for a fit and healthy pregnancy!!

1. How was last week?
    okay. I didn't get to go to the gym but I walked at least 3 miles at a relatively quick pace (3.5-4mph) more days than not. 

I want to get back into my gym routine so at least 3 days a week. 

Home with a sick kiddo so I think this week will be a busy but I did do a session on the stationary bike on Tuesday and I'm hoping to row 5-10k on Saturday or Sunday. 

Because I'm wearing sports bras all the time for angry boobs I keep running out of them for workouts. Heh, first tri problems!

My math skills and his athleticism. 

May '17 labor memes
  • 1. How was last week?
    I started taking my prenatal vitamins in the morning, so that has helped force me to eat. 
    Goals this week: nutrition- keep up on my dishes (no dishwasher) so that I am not too overwhelmed to make dinner. Haha. fitness- Attending yoga class and maybe trying to do some little arm/leg workouts at home while watching tv. idk, I just made that up. 
    So far, just my yoga class Tue/Thurs. I also have to walk up/down ridiculus hills and stairs to get to and from my house and classes. That counts, right?
    I think I need another pair of yoga pants, I've only got one. 
    5. GTKY: What's one thing you hope your little one will get from you? And one thing you hope they'll get from your SO? Physical stuff: My hardy constitution (I can eat pretty much anything, and I also rarely get sick. I'm one of those weirdos who can drink a glass of milk while they have a fever and feel fine), and his orange hair. Maybe his eyelashes too- the top ones are easily half an inch long. Personality: my artistic abilities, and his ability to BS his way through anything (as long as our child doesn't use that as a crutch, it does make life easier to have that option. I'm not so skilled at it). 
  • 1. How was last week? 

Everything is going pretty well. I still don't have many symptoms so things are moving along as per usual. I didn't have many symptoms with my previous baby but I thought I couldn't get lucky twice. We shall see, it's still early.

My goal was to make it to the gym 5 days and so far I am at 4, hoping Saturday will make it 5. 

3. What workouts are you doing this week?

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I went to hot yoga. Today and Saturday I am going to Crossfit. At Crossfit today we did front squats and intervals on the Assault bike and I thought I might die. Luckily, I survived and felt pretty good afterwards. My legs will likely be upset about the whole thing tomorrow. Hopefully they forgive me quickly as I have a 12 month old to chase around!  

4. Rants/Raves/Randoms: The humidity in Virginia has GOT to go!

5. I hope the baby gets my green eyes and my husband's height! Also, his metabolism would be awesome too! 
  • Ugh, you guys are making me feel bad about my complete lack of working out.  But its good because feeling bad leads to motivation. 

1. How was last week?
    Nutrition-wise I'm doing great.  My last pregnancy I had a major aversion to vegetables so I'm glad that I can still eat them this time.  Fitness-wise, I haven't worked out at all.  I'm having a really hard time finding the time since I have to leave for work by 6:30 and then when I get home at 5 I'm solo with DS until usually 6 or 6:30 and by then I'm too tired/hungry.  I did just text my friend who lives out of state and borrowed my pregnancy workout DVDs to ask for them back, so that's a start!

I'd like to go running a few times.  Ideally a 2 miler and a 3 miler. 

Same as above, at least some running would be a good start.  And we may do a hike this weekend.

None

From me, my patience and calm under crisis.  From H, his intellectualism.
  • @lnds32 Just out of curiosity, what's the recommendation on hot yoga and pregnancy? Is it ok all the way up until delivery or do you have to stop at a certain point? I took hot yoga classes in college and it was intense! I can't imagine doing them pregnant, your a rockstar! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • auro_cauro_c member
    edited September 2016
    @h&p_momma hot yoga is not advised during first trimester,  unless you're an expert or have been practicing for years and a lot.  Most of the teachers wouldn't let you in the hot room knowing you're pregnant. Second and third trimesters  are fine if you feel ok.
  • 1. How was last week?
    Last week was pretty OK. I don't actually think I was working out tho,  since about a week before I was pregnant I really got lazy and stopped working out regularly. I love the motivation here! 

My goal for this next week is 30 min/5 days with some kind of activity.

Most likely I will be walking with my furbabies or using the program on my stationary bike. 

I have been ridiculously tired!  I always seem to want to crash around 11am and I definitely crash as soon as I get home at 5. But when I do that I don't get my workout in and I sometimes wake up too late to make dinner before my SO comes home,  I hate that! 
    It's also driving me crazy that I am craving sweets and breads!  It's not stuff normally in my diet so I don't wanna let it get out of hand but this is crazy! 

Hmmm I hope baby gets my creative side and SO's people/communication skills :3
  • I have been doing hot yoga regularly for 4 years so it's not a big deal for me. I did hot yoga throughout my last pregnancy and had absolutely no problems. The teachers at my studio know I'm pregnant and have no issues with me taking classes. I do modify some of the poses and that is recommended for all forms of yoga. I also did Crossfit until 38 weeks and people had opinions about that too. You have to do what you feel comfortable with and know your body well. People will always have their own opinions but you know your body better than anyone else. I work in medicine as a PA and I have read quite a bit of research regarding exercise during pregnancy. If you have any other questions feel free to message me!
  • lnds32 said:
    I have been doing hot yoga regularly for 4 years so it's not a big deal for me. I did hot yoga throughout my last pregnancy and had absolutely no problems. The teachers at my studio know I'm pregnant and have no issues with me taking classes. I do modify some of the poses and that is recommended for all forms of yoga. I also did Crossfit until 38 weeks and people had opinions about that too. You have to do what you feel comfortable with and know your body well. People will always have their own opinions but you know your body better than anyone else. I work in medicine as a PA and I have read quite a bit of research regarding exercise during pregnancy. If you have any other questions feel free to message me!
    I figured there were just modifications, I had never considered hot yoga while pregnant so I was curious! I definitely won't be doing it this pregnancy as it's been years since I've done hot yoga and I feel like it would be too much to start up again already pregnant. There are always opinions on working out, but like you said, no one knows your body better than you!

I am off to do a yoga class this morning, I love a good stretch from yoga! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • 1. How was last week? Pretty good. I had four workouts instead of five. I ate pretty well. 

Better nutrition, more vegetables and fruits to be specific, and five work outs. 
    Pure barre 
    There was girl that was 30 weeks in class this morning, it was very inspiring. Lol
    5. GTKY: What's one thing you hope your little one will get from you? And one thing you hope they'll get from your SO? I hope I have girl red hair. I hope she gets his drive. 
  • 1.  How was last week?  Not bad.  I worked out for 4 days
    2.  What goals are you setting for this week?  Hopefully to keep on going to the gym 4 days a week.
    3.  Zumba and kickboxing
    4. Rants, Raves, Questions, Randoms:  I'm finding it really hard to keep my heart rate below 140.
    5.  GTKY:  I hope that LO gets my drive and SO's intelligence and people skills.
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18