Infertility
Options

Just a vent

I'm having a really tough day. I can't stop feeling weepy and sad. Not sure if it's hormones or what, I'm not on any fertility meds at the moment, waiting for AF. But I think that's part of my inner turmoil. I'm on pins and needles waiting for my period to start, and that's SUPER stressful. I'm also debating whether to call the RE or wait another cycle when life slows down a little. I have been feeling a huge disconnect with DH almost since we got the thumbs up to start IUI. BD is a thing of the past...and it feels weird to not HAVE to do it every other day. 

Oh and I spilled my purse on the ground in the pouring rain this morning AND spilled a half a cup of cold coffee on myself. I hate smelling like coffee. YUCK!

Anyway, it's a tough day. It's pouring rain outside and I am feeling sad and emotional. Thanks for listening.
*TW below*
Me: 40 DH: 38
TTC since November 2012
BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

Re: Just a vent

• Options

@soontobeshrader I'm so sorry that you are having a rough day. I think we have all been there where it's all we can do to not cry at the littlest thing. Sometimes all we can do is take it one day at a time and keep putting one foot in front of the other. Have you talked with DH about you feeling disconnected? If you feel you can have an honest talk with him, it might help you feel closer and let him know how to best support you. I've realized that sometimes the guys don't really know what we need unless we spell it out for them, and what we need can change and that's ok. Infertility is just plain awful!

This weather today is just plain awful! (I'm in the DC area) and I got some rough news yesterday regarding my cycle and completely lost it and the weather is not helping. It's a good day for just curling up under the covers and watching crappy television!

Just remember, what you are feeling is totally normal - just don't let yourself stay in that place for too long.

• Options
    @soontobeshrader - Just want to echo what @mtpbadger said... it's totally ok to have rough days, we all do.  The waiting is the worst part of all of this, in my opinion.  I can take any news, but the not knowing and the waiting, and waiting just makes everything worse.  I felt a little disconnected from DH during our IUIs as well, but things got a lot better when we moved to IVF (because he was more involved in the process - giving shots, going to scans, ect).  His increased involvement in the treatment really helped us grow closer together.
    Me (31) & DH (31) - married 2008; TTC since 2013
    SA = normal; HSG = clear; history of DVT/PE
    Diagnosed with unexplained infertility
    IUI #1- April '16 - BFN 
    IUI #2 - May '16 - BFN
    IVF Fresh Xfer #1 (1 blastocyst) - Sept '16 - BFN
    FET #2 - 11/8/16 (2 blastocysts) - Beta on 11/18
    4 more blastocysts on ice
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @soontobeshrader switching to IUI changed our relationship a bit too, but I really think it was for the better. TI was getting frustrating, and now we can go back to "dating" each other and there is no pressure that the night had to end with BDing. I suggest talking with your H about how you're feeling and then schedule a time for the two of you to do something fun (date night!) It will really help. 

Rainy days make me want to stay at home. I hope you can find another cup of something warm to sip and remember that rainy days are essential for anything that is growing; with rain comes a strengthening of roots. You are strong and I know you can get through this rainy day :)

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    @soontobeshrader

After two failed fresh transfers and a FET that did not survive the thaw. My husband and I decided to take a 3 month break. It is hard to take a break, when you just want it to work and be done with. But it was the best decision we could have made. 

You get a chance to not worry about drugs and calendars, you can go out and just enjoy each others company for a while.

I recommend a break just to give your brain (and body) a chance to chill out :D

I also think coffee smells Wonderful! There are definitely worse smelling things you could spill on yourself ;)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blog -
    <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.1upbaby.com"><i>www.1upbaby.com</i></a>
    Facebook - Twitter
  • Options
    @mtpbadger Thanks for support. Btw, I'm on the DC area too!

@Monica54321 @ReesaAnne16 @derrian DH and I had a LONG talk that night and we have decided we both felt under-appreciated for all that each of us have been doing lately. We will both make an effort to be conscious of each other and our feelings. This marriage stuff is hard enough as it is, let alone with fertility issues lumped on top. We have to remember to make an effort.
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Options
    @soontobeshrader - we've all had those kinds of days... more often than not through this journey I imagine. But good news is, each and every new day is just that... a NEW day. I hope you were able to turn it around. Be kind to yourself when you're having a day like that. Know that it's normal and understandable and you have a right to curl up in a ball and cry for a little while. But then picking yourself back up and finding something to do that brings you joy whether that's a funny movie with your DH, or something active like running. It'll remind you that even though life sucks sometimes, there's always something you can go back to, a baseline so to speak, that brings a smile to your face. :) Hope you have a great Monday. Ugh haha. At least the weekend is only 5 days away? Too much optimism? haha.
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    I agree with all PP... Breaks can be a good thing. I hope you are feeling better and you have some brighter days ahead  <3
    *tw*
    Me: 33 / DH: 30
    Married: 10/19/13
    NTNP since 2010 / TTC since 2013
    DX: Unexplained
    June 2014 – Aug 2014 (3 cycles): Medicated cycles >> Letrozole + Trigger = BFN
    Sept 2014: IUI #1 >> Letrozole + Follistim + Trigger = BFN 
    Dec 2014: IUI #2 >> Letrozole + Follistim + Trigger = BFN 
    Sept 2016: Consult with RE, DH consult with Urologist
    Nov 2016: D&C to remove polyps >> RE required 6 month break
    May 2017: IUI #3 >> Letrozole + Follistim + Trigger = BFP >> MC/CP
    Aug 2017: IUI #4 >> Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Oct 2019: IVF Consult