December 2016 Moms

Stupid Questions Sunday 9/26

2»

Re: Stupid Questions Sunday 9/26

• @acreight13 How scary!! I'm so glad everything ended up okay for you and your DS! 
  • My first had TONS of meconium... And a cord around her neck twice. The cord didn't effect her heart rate at all. Its often loose enough and long enough that it doesn't cause any compression or decelerations. Actually, 2/4 of my babies had some sort of cord issue and never caused a problem. 
    As for the meconium...  They just watch you a bit more carefully and will want to control how you deliver baby (not in water or alternative ways), so that they can immediately suction out the baby's mouth and airways. What surprised me is that while it was a lot of meconium the amniotic fluid also delutes it so it's less dangerous for the baby. 
    Then when they put her in my chest she promptly pooed all over me again!  ;)

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Loading the player...
  • @maamawaabangi Aw! What a way to say "hello mama!"  
    Strangely, hearing stories about this is making me feel a little better about how often it happens but is not necessarily a huge medical deal. I'd really love to give birth in the water but I know the health of my boy is first priority. 
    I'm putting out good vibes for everyone to have a safe and uneventful delivery!!