Trying to Get Pregnant

Benched/TTA Weekly Check-In (9/26)

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer- even if it is for a good reason.  Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say, and treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and are "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________ 

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R/CS? 

GTKY: TV talk - what's your favourite TV series? Any new series you're looking forward to the most?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Benched/TTA Weekly Check-In (9/26)

• Hello everyone!

I took a break from the bump for awhile after my MC on 8/25. I have PCOS and it was my first pregnancy, so took it pretty hard, but am starting to feel like myself again now and figured you lovely ladies would be a nice place to start back up :smile:

Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? MC on 8/25

How long do you think you'll be here? My doctor said I should wait to for 1 cycle before trying again. Being that I have PCOS, this is very frustrating because I was extremely irregular before so I have zero clue how long I will be here.

How have things been going? Rough, really rough. But getting there!

Any R/R/CS? Just want my ovaries to get it together and move on to the next cycle already

GTKY: TV talk - what's your favourite TV series? Any new series you're looking forward to the most?  o0o0o I would save my fave series of all time is probably shamefully gossip girl or gilmore girls ha. I am watching Daredevil now and really enjoying it

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• Loading the player...
  • @GG620 - I'm sorry for your loss. Hopefully your cycles are kind to you and you're not waiting too long to be able to start TTGP again!

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Nursing school

How long do you think you'll be here? ~11 months

How have things been going? They were going good, until Thursday.

Any R/R/CS? Major Dear Diary post here, but I'm getting fed up with BC. I've had such a struggle with BC the past ~10 months we've been TTA. I used the pill, but kept forgetting to take it after the first month. We forget condoms because we're so used to going without. When I found and started using the patch 5? 6? months ago, it was a god-send. We had one month where we had a super chaotic time in our lives and I didn't start the patch on time so we had to use back-up for that month, but other than that, it was fabulous. (Generally) light periods, mild cramps, BC obviously has been working... and then last week I applied the patch on Tuesday, and ended up with a sore arm and a rash on Thursday.
    Took a bunch of acetaminophen to take care of the pain, and ended up with it only getting worse and having muscle spasms by the time I got home from work. I woke up Friday and couldn't move my arm or there was excruciating pain. I was literally crying while making H's lunch. Went to the walk-in, and the doc said I slept on it wrong, and sent me off with a prescription for muscle relaxers and told me to keep taking acetaminophen. On the way home, H asked if I thought it might be the patch. Low-and-behold, my research when I got home noted that a site reaction can consist of local pain and a rash (which I had, the doctor even commented on it), and some women had muscle spasms (infrequent). Acetaminophen increases the concentration of the meds in the patch, which would explain why I ended up getting worse the more acetaminophen I took.
    Thankfully it was the last patch week, and I'm well-past any potential O-date (not that I should've O'd), so I took the patch off and by Saturday morning I was feeling much better.
    I'm just so done with BC. I wish we could mark off my usual FW and denote it a BJ-only week or something.

GTKY: TV talk - what's your favourite TV series? Any new series you're looking forward to the most? I love NCIS and Law & Order: SVU. I watched the first episode of This Is Us, and cried a lot. So, obviously I'm watching that from now on.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Are you benched or TTA? TTA 

What brings you here? waiting on disability insurance

One month at the longest 

Well not so good. First I was rejected for short-term disability coverage because of a herniated disc. Then I was told I could qualify for a guaranteed amount of about $300 less per month if I needed to use it. Today we set everything for October 1. Now it looks like I'm about to O a week early and we will have hit -4 and -1 if that's the case. That would be just my luck since I am disqualified for a preexisting condition until November 1, meaning if I GKTFU then I'm paying for a policy I won't be able to collect on.

Any R/R/CS? Nope. I'm kind of praying not to see a temp spike tomorrow, but I felt the cramps today and had tons of EWCM.

GTKY: TV talk - what's your favourite TV series? Any new series you're looking forward to the most? 

I watch Flip or Flop a lot.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 that is so frustrating about your insurance! I hate the lack of maternity coverage in the U.S. I have gone back and forth about paying for a short term disability insurance but I hate that you have to have it before you are KU and what if it takes me years to get KU? I hate it's something that you even have to deal with! 
  • @Sglen3  - The second or third month I was on the patches I was having some cramps in my groin region (uterine/bladder area), and went to my OBGYN to get the important parts looked at (my uterus, of course). I had mildly elevated BP at that visit and she wanted me to monitor my own BP at home while I was on the patch to make sure it was a one-off thing.
    It was consistently my normal range when I checked it at home, so I blamed it on the fact that she was just playing around in my vagina five minutes beforehand, and I was going to be late to class. If I started having BP problems as a result of my BC, I think I would tell H that it's his turn to use protection. :wink:

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a rough go of things right now! I can sympathize on the weight issue. It's one of the things that I'm trying to work on while we're TTA. I've been good on eating, but exercising is where I fall on my face. It's actually pathetic, and feel free to flame/judge, because I judge myself; but we have an elliptical at home, I have a gym membership through my work, and I have a gym membership through my school - and I haven't taken the time to use any of them. Every time I think about it I want to strangle myself.
    I just have really bad problems with getting and staying motivated. It's worse that I've lost my excess weight before in 2012, and was just shy of my goal weight before I met H, so it aggravates me that I can't get myself motivated enough to do that again.

@icecubeinthedesert - If H would go for it, I'd be down for FW BJs. :tongue: I didn't mind the BCPs, to be honest, it was just a hassle to remember them. I may do better now than I did before, though. I have more night-time ritual-things that I have to do now that I could just put the pack on so that I wouldn't forget.
    My libido was definitely decreased with everything I used except for the Nexplanon. But for us it works out because mine is naturally higher than H's, so we we've been about even so far.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @GG620 @Redpuma119 & @icecubeinthedesert - I'm so sorry about your losses. fx you won't be here long.

@izza2 - Ugh BC is the worst. I used the patch back in high school and didn't like it either. I hope you find something that works for you!

@mrs35 - Sorry about your loss. I Don't have experience temping (yet) but it couldn't hurt to start again. Who could argue with more data.

@NYTino24 - That's terrible, maternity leave in the US sucks. Short term disability insurance isn't that much better.

@Sglen3 - Sorry about your Dad, I hope he's doing better. I can sympathize with the stress eating. Hopefully things calm down and you can get back on track soon.

Are you benched or TTA?
    TTA

What brings you here? 
    My H isn't ready to TTCAL yet. I'm ready to try again but I don't want to push him.

No idea. Hopefully not long.

Alright I guess. Some days are better than others.

Any R/R/CS? 
    Nothing yet. Once I start temping I'm sure Ill have a lot of questions.

I like Dr. Who, Sherlock, anything food related, adult cartoons (family guy, south park, archer, etc), I've been watching You're the Worst. I watch Fast & Loud, Gold Rush, Naked & Afraid with DH. We watch way too much tv. I blame it on the fact my H works for the cable company .
    **TW**
    Me: 30  DH:30
    Together 2003, Married 2011
    DD: July 2005
    BFP: 4/10/16, MC: 5/20/16
    BFP: 1/10/17, DD2: Sep 2017

TTGP Dec '16 siggy challenge winner!

• Redpuma119Redpuma119 member
    edited September 2016
    Thanks everyone for the kind words! I hope we are all of this board soon!

ETA- mobile bumping is hard
  • @GG620 I'm so sorry. I hate that you have to be here. Fellow PCOSer, so I understand the irritation with the unknown regarding whether you'll even O or not. I've got FX for you. 

@izza2 Glad you are feeling better! Yikes! BC is the worst. We use(d) withdrawal method and it works really well for us because my DH is very good at it. It's not for everyone, but I've tried all kinds of BC and I like it best. 

@mrs35 I'm sorry this is dragging on so long for you. FX you can move on to a new cycle soon and continue your healing process. 

@icecubeinthedesert@Redpuma119 Still thinking of you. *Hugs*

@NYTino24 @Basherbaby Life timing can really suck when you feel like you have no control. I totally understand your frustration. Hang in there. Try punching something. 

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Travel to active Zika transmission area. 

How long do you think you'll be here? 8 more weeks. I'm outta here in December. 

How have things been going? Okay. I'm anxious to ttc but I can't. You know the feeling. Im so busy with work and school and my internship. I don't have time to post, but I'm finding the time somehow. I'm thinking of taking a bump break until my 8 weeks are up. 

Any R/R/CS? I saw my new OBGYN yesterday, and he commented on how knowledgable I was about fertility and TTC. I could tell he was impressed. You guys all deserve props for that, because you help me learn all the things. I got my Clomid candy as well. He's starting me off with 50 mg cd 3-7. I asked for a referral to a RE, but he said he thought it was safe and he would advise waiting until 3 months of the Clomid 50mg with no BFP before going to a RE. We'll see. I think I'll consult the ladies in WTO. 

GTKY: TV talk - what's your favourite TV series? Any new series you're looking forward to the most? WAAAAY too many to pick a favorite. New- "Speechless" the pilot was HILARIOUS!  I have very little time for anything, including tv. I hate my life right now. 

SN used to be soemthingclever
    Me: 28 DH: 35
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • @soemthingclever I think they will say to only take it with monitoring, but who knows. Doctors seem to often throw pills and medication at everything without doing the dirty work. I hate that our health care system perpetuates short visits.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @soemthingclever I would be very careful with clomid. Have you followed the IF thread? I belive there was someone last week who was being pushed by her OBGYN to take clomid unmonitered. A huge no-no.

OBGYN = Keep you pregnant 
    RE = get you pregnant

Any OBGYN pushing unmonitered clomid is questionable in my book. My OBGYN didn't even talk to me about it just referred me to an RE. 
    TTC #1 - December 2015
    Me:31 H:31
    DX: MFI - 1% Morph 
    12/16 -IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol w/ Lupron trigger
    ER - 11 retrieved- 9 mature - 7 fertilized - 3 sent for PGS on day 5 - No normals (1 XXX Embryo - may use in future)
    3/17 - IVF #2 - Antagonist Protocol w/ HCG trigger
    ER- 13 retrieved - 11 mature - 8 fertilized - 2 sent for PGS on day 5 -2 Normal
    FET #1 - 5/16/17 - BFP! - Beta #1 5/25 - 156 - Beta #2 5/30 - 2562 - Beta #3 6/1 - 5191!

• @GG620 I am so sorry about your loss.  I also had a loss over the summer and I have PCOS.  If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here.   <3

@mrs35 I'm hoping your new medicine plan helps and your period starts soon!  I'm sorry you have waited so long.  <3

@Redpuma119 I'm so sorry for your loss.   <3

@icecubeinthedesert every doctor is different I feel like in terms of how long they tell you to wait before TTC again.  My RE only had us wait one cycle, but I've heard of others being told to wait for 2-3 cycles.  I think a lot of it also depends on when you mentally feel ready.   <3

@ChefRamsay TTCAL is so difficult and I don't feel like anyone is fully 'ready' to take that risk again.  I hope your husband becomes more comfortable with the idea of trying at a time that feels right for the two of you.   <3

@izza2 uhhh I'm sorry you've had so many problems with your BC!  That reaction sounds awful but I'm glad you figured out the cause!   <3

@soemthingclever the fact that you referred to clomid as "clomid candy" is seriously concerning.  Please DO NOT take clomid without being monitored.  It's not worth the risk of losing an ovary.  Please demand a referral to the RE.  
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • izza2izza2 member
    edited September 2016
    @soemthingclever - Do NOT take Clomid unmonitored. You can lose your ovaries and be unable to even TTC without IVF. Demand a referral to a RE, and until you get there to talk to them, don't take the Clomid. It's not worth the risk.
    If you're TTA for another 2 months, why is your OBGYN prescribing you Clomid in the first place with the hopes of a BFP, let alone completely unmonitored?

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @Basherbaby - I totally feel the same about not feeling like I belong anywhere on the bump! It was a little intimidating joining the TTGP board since everyone pushes the WTO & TWW threads but I don't feel like I belong there yet. Fx you have another crazy cycle that pushes your O date to a better week.

@soemthingclever - Sorry you're frustrated wanting to TTC but not being able to. I definitely sympathize with you on that! I don't know much about clomid but I've lurked around these boards long enough to know you shouldn't be taking it without beine closely monitored. Maybe try pushing your new OBGYN for the referral? BTW is took forever to tag you. My brain kept reading your name as something clever and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't find you!

@beary67 - I know what you mean about never really feeling 'ready'. Its hard though because I feel like I have this crazy person inside of me demanding I become pregnant instantly but the rational side of me thinks it's not the right time yet. As I get closer to what was my due date it's getting harder to listen to that rational side. Luckily I'm strong enough to stay patient with my H until (if he ever does) feel comfortable trying again.
    **TW**
    Me: 30  DH:30
    Together 2003, Married 2011
    DD: July 2005
    BFP: 4/10/16, MC: 5/20/16
    BFP: 1/10/17, DD2: Sep 2017

TTGP Dec '16 siggy challenge winner!

• Totally agree, you guys. I don't think my sarcasm came across well in my original post. I called it "Clomid candy" because I've heard so many people on here say docs hand it out like candy. I meant it mockingly. I'm TTA for 8 weeks, but he gave me the script now so I don't have to come back to him in December. It's all very "hands off". I already have issues with my ovaries, so I'm definitely not taking any more chances with them. I mentioned Clomid being taken only short term and he said no, it could be taken indefinitely. What? Lol. So, I don't think he's the doc for me. I think he was just trying to save me the expense of a RE when he thought he could help me. I have a bit of time to keep looking, but I plan to call to get the referral regardless. I think he might make me wait in that case. We'll see. Thanks for the input, guys. I read that whole thread on the dangers of Clomid when I first started Bumping and I hear everyone talk about the risks all the time, so I definitely don't take it lightly. Just one more thing I have to thank this community for. 

@ChefRamsay I think a lot of people probably have trouble tagging me. I tried to change it, but it said "somethingclever" was already taken. Oh well. 
    SN used to be soemthingclever
    Me: 28 DH: 35
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • Are you benched or TTA? Not really either...just kind of in NTNA. I knew I wasn't in TWW or WTO necessarily so I needed to vent and ask questions and thought I'd go here.

What brings you here? DH work schedule/general frustration with my body

How long do you think you'll be here? Not sure...maybe until November 1

How have things been going? I've been really, really frustrated since we started TTC in July. My cycles were like clockwork before we started trying: 29 days with 4 day AF (I use the Shine app to track so I can literally count the days). Since we started TTC I had a 39 day cycle with a 2 day AF  (which is a whole other question I had but I'll leave it) and a 33 day cycle with a 6 DAY AF. UGH. I'm just frustrated because I don't know why TTC could completely throw off my body (because no other changes have really happened to make my body change like this).

But now DH has started a temporary stint on night shift at his job at the county jail, so I've barely seen him, and I don't want to use the very short time we've been spending together to worry about TTC at the moment. He's supposed to start back on day shift in late October, so I think we'll start back strong in November.

Any R/R/CS? I do have a question for you super helpful ladies - even though we won't be actively TTC, would this be a good month to start tracking my BBT, so I will know what to look for when we do start again in November? I want to start getting more serious about TTC but I'm wanting to just try temping before I dive into the world of OPKs. Just curious if you have to give yourself a "control" month so you know what's going on in there?

GTKY: TV talk - what's your favourite TV series? Any new series you're looking forward to the most? My faves are Parks and Rec and How I Met Your Mother. I don't watch a ton of TV, but Atlanta on FX is my new jam (I'm an OG Donald Glover/Childish Gambino fan!).
    Me:30  DH:30
    Married: 4/16
    TTC #1: 7/16 (NTNP 9/15)
  • @kaylev0430 my DH works night indefinitely. It can definitely be stressful! We see eachother for a half hour in the morning when he gets home before I leave for work and a half hour in the afternoon when I get home before he leaves for work. Since he will be on this schedule for at least another 10 years we have had to make it work! Just take advantage of every minute! I'm glad you won't have to deal with the night schedule for very long!
  • @kaylev0430 It might be a good idea to start temping so you can get a better idea of what's going on with your body. I dove in head first with temping, opk, checking CM and anything else I could think of to chart. It was nice to see what was happening but then I became obsessed with every little detail. I currently don't temp because I drove myself crazy and can't exactly get pregnant right now anyway. I plan to start back temping once we can TTC again. I really like the fertility friend app for charting. FX your cycle returns to your normal. 

I'm sorry your DH works night shifts :/ it's super frustrating when you don't have the chance to TTC without making it feel like a chore. 

Just out of curiosity but have you recently came off BC? That may offer some insight on your janky cycles. 
  • edited September 2016
    @kaylev0430 Welcome, and hope you can start TTC in earnest soon! I definitely support temping in non TTC cycles, as you can learn a lot and get practice checking o signs like CM. I did this for 5 cycles before we TTC, and found that I have pretty irregular cycles (ranged from 31 to 42 days, with a bonus cycle when I got my BFP after ovulating on day 35). I did notice trends that months of high stress were those where I ovulated much later (buying a house the cycle of my BFP for example). I hate to suggest this and get flamed for misinterpretation, but stress can affect your cycles, but typically not your ability to get pregnant. It's possible this is one factor in your lengthening cycles. If course, if you just stopped some form of hormonal BC, that was likely keeping your cycles regulated

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • @mrs35 - oy- I don't know how you do it...I am very thankful that this is temporary. Fx for you and your DH on your TTC journey!

@Basherbaby Thank you for sympathizing - TTC definitely takes a lot more effort than I originally anticipated, and it's nice to have other people that understand how obsessive it can make you. I have been off BC entirely for over 2 years. Was on Depo and gained a lot of weight/stopped having periods entirely. My OB suggested other options for me to try, but I didn't like/remember to take anything else they suggested, so I quit altogether. I'm going to download FF and see if I can take some steps to be more serious about TTC without driving myself nuts. I hope you and your DH can finally start TTC also when he gets back home - I'll be keeping up with you!

@icecubeinthedesert stress may definitely be a factor, since TTC has been a different process than I thought, especially after the nightmare that was my first cycle TTC. So I think taking this little mental break, and finding some tracking methods that work, could be a viable option. Thank you for being so helpful and kind, and I didn't misinterpret at all - I'm a worrywart, and I need to stop :) I'm so sorry to read about your loss, and I hope you're out of this thread as soon as you're able!

Me:30  DH:30
    Married: 4/16
    TTC #1: 7/16 (NTNP 9/15)
  • Hey guys - I'm back. I hope y'all don't mind me not doing a re-introduction thread since it's so soon. Do I have to do TWings here? New to all this. :-\

Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? MC on Monday. BFP was Thursday before that so it was really early. I'm disappointed, DH is reaaaaally sad, but I'm okay. 

How long do you think you'll be here? Doc said we can start trying again early December. Was lucky to pass everything quickly and naturally with minimal cramping (basically felt like a really bad period). 

How have things been going? Well, DH has been really sad. He took two days off of work. He cried at work when he told his bosses why he needed some time off. He cried at the ER. I've mostly just been going about my business. Went to work. Told some friends/family mostly because I'd like to normalize the conversation around MCs. No crying, really don't feel sad? Maybe it's weird that I feel fine. It was just so early I hadn't really fully absorbed I was even pregnant yet, so... ::shrug:: I think it would be harder if I'd had more time to internalize it. I'm bummed we have to wait a bit longer, I liked the timing of a kid born in May/June because it's more of a clear cut off for when they start school, but you can't control everything, right? When it's the right time, it'll be the right time. 

Any R/R/CS? So I only thought of it after all the ER/doc craziness earlier this week, but I actually think this is my second miscarriage since starting to TTC two months ago. I started temping/charting in January to get the hang of it, but we didn't start trying until my cycle starting July 22. Our timing was great, I started having symptoms (sore boobs, etc.) on 10 DPO, but we were on vacation, so I didn't take a test until we got back. At that point my period was late (over my LP), but the test said negative. I do remember that period being a little weird - more blood clots than usual, and I typically don't really have much cramping during my period, but I did that time. Looking back on my chart, it seems very odd that I spotted 10 DPO all the way through to when AF actually started, and that I had sore boobs so early - that never happens to me. It's sort of irrelevant at this point, but I really suspect that I actually had a chemical pregnancy that first month, and that it didn't take for whatever reason, and then I got pregnant again this cycle, but it was probably so soon after the first that my body was like nope.

Do you think this is something I should call my doctor about or is this probably irrelevant?

July:

August: 

GTKY: TV talk - what's your favourite TV series? Any new series you're looking forward to the most? On TV right now? Atlanta. Better Things. The Americans. The Affair. I still ride or die for Grey's Anatomy. Can't wait for the Gilmore Girls reboot.

Past shows? Parenthood, The Good Wife. DH and I are currently doing a runthrough of The OC, which is wild because DH never saw it when it aired, and he grew up in NYC, so his perspectives on what teenage life is SO different from the show. It's really funny. He's like, "It must've been so weird to just be in your own cars." Or, "It must've been so weird to have big houses and house parties." Uh, I guess so? 
  • (lurking)

@doxiemoxie212 I'm so sorry to see you back here and sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your husband -- I hope he's doing OK now as time passes. Looking at your two charts and hearing your descriptions, yes, I think you should tell your doctor that this was your second chemical pregnancy. It would be worth doing a little bloodwork to see if something is happening (for instance, having your thyroid and progesterone checked; you may also want to be checked for genetic causes of RPL). All that said, this is only if you feel emotionally ready! I just wouldn't want to waste time if you are nervous. Hugs. 

• Are you benched or TTA? TTA until January 2017

What brings you here? 
    Just trying to learn more about the preparation process, how to chart and learn more about my 

Probably a few months.

Mentally? A bit difficult because quite a few of my friends are pregnant or recently had children. Emotionally and financially we are 100% ready to have a child. However, we are TTA until January because of my graduate program and other job related issues.

Any R/R/CS? 
    I asked in the WTO thread, but will ask here too: This may be a dumb question, but should we avoid having sex the few days before I have my Mirena removed? I know sperm can live for up to 4-5 days and the likeliness of ovulating immediately after removal is practically impossible, but do you think it matters? We are going to TTA for about two months after removal.

I have a few favorites, but my main favorite is Law and Order SVU.

• @doxiemoxie212 I am so sorry you are going through this. I would definitely mention it to your doctor and ask to get the tests done that @adirat suggested. My DH also had a harder time than I did initially after our loss. He said it was tough for him to see what I was going through and being so helpless in the situation. I had to heal physically before I took care of myself emotionally and then our roles were reversed. I hope you can recover quickly and you and your DH can heal emotionally as well. 
  • Thanks @adirat and @mrs35. I really am okay, and DH will get there :) 

Re: testing, we actually did 23andme earlier this year and ran the overall code through Promethease, and we don't have any markers/are not carriers for anything that would contribute to repeated loss. I had my thyroid checked earlier this year, too, because I'm somewhat underweight and doctors have always thought I had a thyroid issue - I do not, as it turns out. But I've heard that low temps overall could be progesterone related? I feel like my temps are generally pretty low, and they rise slowly when I ovulate. How does testing for that work? Do I go get blood work done at specific times during my cycle? Or do I wait to get pregnant again, but go in to the doctor immediately? I ask because it's hard for me to get time off work, so I'm curious theoretically about what's involved. IDK if you know or not. :) 

Alternate theory: on vacation, I did drink somewhat a lot. (Napa - whadyagonnado.) So maybe that contributed to the first one? And the second one was just because it was too soon to the first? ::shrug:: 
  • (tw loss)

@doxiemoxie212 It's very unlikely that drinking wine would cause a miscarriage unless you have some other issue going on (I have read about people with severe allergies experiencing miscarriages related to consumption of the allergen but you'd know if you're allergic to grapes haha). If you think your temps are too low after O, and especially given your loss, I would recommend asking your doctor to do progesterone bloodwork on 7dpo. You don't need to be pregnant so you may want to do it while you are waiting to resume ttc. The doctor may not want to do it the first cycle after loss, not sure. 7dpo is the standard timing for this test though. 

I don't know anything about the 23andme testing but you may want to share those results with your doctor too. 

• @adirat, thanks! That's really helpful! 
  • @ChefRamsay thank you. Things seem to be leveling out finally. 

@izza2 yeah working out is a struggle of mine as well I am back home and things seem to be getting back to normal *knock on wood*. Luckily my DH is a workout fiend and most of my friends are from our gym so they all help me stay motivated. 

Me 30 DH 36                                  
    Married 9/26/15
    TTC 2/10/17 - BFP 5/5/17 - EDD 1/11/18

• @Basherbaby I'm sorry you are frustrated. I agree with PP it is hard when you feel so out of control.  I also agree that I am not sure where I belong on TB. It seems like there are established groups and I feel like an outsider.

@kaylev0430  it's hard when your DH is on an opposite schedule. You don't want to make it feel forced. I am sorry your cycle is getting funky, fx it regulates for you soon.

@doxiemoxie212 I am so sorry for your loss. I don't think it would be a bad thing to bring up to your doctor. If for nothing else just to get it off your mind if your anxious about it. Hugs to you and hubby. 

Me 30 DH 36                                  
    Married 9/26/15
    TTC 2/10/17 - BFP 5/5/17 - EDD 1/11/18

• @doxiemoxie212 So sorry to hear about your loss. I would definitely at least call the doctor and see what they have to say at the office.