February 2017 Moms

Registry Items-

I am keeping the baby registry very simple. We are only registering at Babies R Us. We are also having twins. I have 60 items on it. 1 is  above $ 250, 3 are $100.00 to $200and I have two items between $50 and$100 and the rest is all under $50, but most of it is under $25. I need to go back to the store and add the like 5-8 more things I want to look at in person. My hubs agrees to keep it simple, but doesn't think we have enough on there for people to pick from. He thinks we need some more $75 and up items or more smaller items for those who want to spend a chuck. He isn't gift gabby, he, like I ,just wants it to be simple for the people who are kind enough to buy for us.  I also know some family members will spend a lot on us. I also know that most will buy in the $25 to $75 range too. Which is the range we spend for cousins and friends.

I don't know what else to add. We have a small house too.   50ppl are invited to my shower, some are coworkers or family out of town so I am thinking 35-40 will come.

We have bought things already from yard sales or consignment shops like a swing, boppy pillows, a bouncer, a rock n play, an exosaucer, a stroller frame and a twin pack n play. Plus a ton of clothes from nb to 6 months. I have my breast pump. We are getting our cribs and changing table at ikea, which is less then $300 for the three pieces.The only furniture we need other then that is a glider and night stand. I am doing very simple decor, which is prints I am ordering off etsy of silly and bright animal drawings and framing those in simple frames. I am going to sew valences and crib skirts.So we don't need anything like that either.

Because we are having twins we really wanted to be prepared. I think just adding the few more smaller things I had in mind is enough. I don't want people to have a huge list to look at, be under the impression we are begging for gifts or nor do we need a lot of expensive things. I have considered adding convertible car seats and the glider.

What are your thoughts?

Re: Registry Items-

• @karkee8807 - There is a sticky thread titled "Baby Gear - Questions/Opinions/Suggestions" that is full of great information on various baby items.  This would be a great place to start looking for some of the top suggestions!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think what you have is fine.

First, people don't always shop off registries so there's no guarantee that if you add more, someone will buy it.  Or even shop off your registry at all.  Second, if someone wants to spend a chunk of money on you and there aren't any big ticket items left on your registry, I'm assuming they will have the common sense to figure something else out.  

I'd leave it as is.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Loading the player...
  • In the one hand, my registry includes the crib and car seat we have picked out because DH's family likes to throw money around and I figure they might as well buy something we need! On the other hand, I really don't expect my registry to be emptied & I also included a lot of books since those are a nice low-cost item for folks who want to spend less.
  • I think that what you have should be fine. You have a good mix of bigger and smaller ticket items which is good if people want to chip in and get something larger as a group. Keep in mind people will buy clothing items that aren't registered for typically as well.
    You could always mention that gift cards to certain retailers are welcome as well.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• I put everything on my registry, even things we intend to buy ourselves, that way people can see and have an idea of what's going in the nursery and what our style is. Even if they don't buy off of the registry, they get an idea of what we like. This includes small items like swaddle blankets, toys, and bottles, all the way up to big items like a travel system, dresser, and glider.  Do I expect people to buy me those items? No, not even a little bit. But wouldn't it be awesome if someone did?!

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Is this really for real?
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am keeping the baby registry very simple. We are only registering at Babies R Us. We are also having twins. I have 60 items on it. 1 is  above $ 250, 3 are $100.00 to $200and I have two items between $50 and$100 and the rest is all under $50, but most of it is under $25. I need to go back to the store and add the like 5-8 more things I want to look at in person. My hubs agrees to keep it simple, but doesn't think we have enough on there for people to pick from. He thinks we need some more $75 and up items or more smaller items for those who want to spend a chuck. He isn't gift gabby, he, like I ,just wants it to be simple for the people who are kind enough to buy for us.  I also know some family members will spend a lot on us. I also know that most will buy in the $25 to $75 range too. Which is the range we spend for cousins and friends.

I don't know what else to add. We have a small house too.   50ppl are invited to my shower, some are coworkers or family out of town so I am thinking 35-40 will come.

We have bought things already from yard sales or consignment shops like a swing, boppy pillows, a bouncer, a rock n play, an exosaucer, a stroller frame and a twin pack n play. Plus a ton of clothes from nb to 6 months. I have my breast pump. We are getting our cribs and changing table at ikea, which is less then $300 for the three pieces.The only furniture we need other then that is a glider and night stand. I am doing very simple decor, which is prints I am ordering off etsy of silly and bright animal drawings and framing those in simple frames. I am going to sew valences and crib skirts.So we don't need anything like that either.

Because we are having twins we really wanted to be prepared. I think just adding the few more smaller things I had in mind is enough. I don't want people to have a huge list to look at, be under the impression we are begging for gifts or nor do we need a lot of expensive things. I have considered adding convertible car seats and the glider.

What are your thoughts?

QFP

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • This would be a fantastic addition to the Gear Opinions thread (stickied at top of board), or even the Ask a STM thread (weekly). Or, this sounds like a fantastic question for the BRU workers who help you set up the registry.

*Bonus points and cookies for anyone who guesses my favorite show this actor plays in.*
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • AfKash said:
    Da fuq? I read the first three sentences and it was wayyy too detailed for me to finish. Snooze.

ETA: If you were a regular poster, I'd give you more of my time. Sorry, not sorry.
    *standing ovation*
  • At BRU, add stuff you are buying yourself.  For instance you can go in, get a gun, scan a box of diapers then take it to the register and purchase it on the spot.  You'll still get all the endless earnings.  We aren't having a shower because its baby 2 and I am still doing a registry just so we can buy off it and get the rewards.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @fourPsinapod <3 You rock, and this is how I felt after reading that. 
    I love this gif!!