December 2016 Moms
Options

Shiz Just Got Real

Re: Shiz Just Got Real

• Options
    It's still not real for me. Like my brain knows it and my heart knows it but I'm not "there" yet. not sure when my shiz got real moment will happen. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @R0824H - I saw that too!  We actually only have small ironing boards at home so for now I'm just doing the one where you hang upside down off the couch, and some hip stretches.  If baby is still breech in a few weeks I'll get more aggressive.
  • Options
    I don't know if there is a thread for this elsewhere but I don't know how to search on mobile and I should be sleeping, but I can't partly because I'm thinking about shiz getting real with maternity leave and I need help! 

So, I live in California and docs here sign us out at  36 weeks. I found this out way after meeting with HR since they didn't tell me this, and are notorious at my company for not being cooperative/transparent with pregnant employees. I found out not only can docs sign you out at this time, but you get paid, too. So I want to take it. The time has no effect on payment or time taken after baby - its use it or lose it time.

My boss knows I can go out at any time, and we've prepped my work for that possibility since my first trimester. However, things are pretty weird with my boss since we started talking about leave - long story short, she doesn't understand ca disability law and is pretty mad I'm due around a project deadline, and pulled some illegal trying to get rid of me before I took leave shiz, which ended just last week (she put me on a 30 day notice threatening termination that ended with her dropping it). Now I'm wondering how best and when to notify her and HR that I'm taking leave at 36 weeks, now that I still have a job.

I guess I'm just afraid she's going to be angrier that I'm going out before the project and make my life more of a hell. Some people in my company don't even tell when they're going on leave until they take it, but I feel like that's not right, even after the way she's treated me.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @SaraRose83 I am sorry that your boss is being such a butthead!  I'm personally the type of person that I want everything done and out of the way that I can take care of right now, so I completely understand you wanting to get her told right away that you'll be leaving early.  However, if you waited a few more weeks to tell her, then you'd have to deal with her childish actions for a less amount of time until you leave. For example, if you tell her at 32 weeks, you'd only have four weeks to get through with her acting that way. She literally cannot do anything about it, even if you told her at 35 weeks that you'll be leaving at 36.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @temmetime Yeah, she's truly scary. I think I'm afraid of her being pissed either way so maybe I'm thinking telling her earlier will just rip the bandaid off, but you're right, the later I tell the less tantrum time I'll have to deal with. I guess I'm afraid she can deny me leave, but I know legally she can't. I guess I have all these hang ups about being fair, but if the situation were reversed...I mean I know they wouldn't be fair to me. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @R0824H - I saw that too!  We actually only have small ironing boards at home so for now I'm just doing the one where you hang upside down off the couch, and some hip stretches.  If baby is still breech in a few weeks I'll get more aggressive.

Hopefully something does the trick!!! lol it's too bad you cant just rub your belly in a circular motion to get baby spinning hahahah
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @SaraRose83 - just make sure you are telling HR early enough.  I'm supposed to tell work 30 days before I go on leave.
  • Options
    H and I just had the talk about what I would do workwise... Thankfully, he's on board with letting me stay home and that Thanksgiving week can be my last week at work. That will give me like a week before my due date to relax and get my mind right. 
    First- shiz definitely just got real!! That's like 8 more weeks!
    Second- now I'm a big baby and anxious to actually tell work. I switched jobs at 20weeks pregnant and didn't say anything, I just let them figure it out by my growing belly. Now I kinda feel bad now for leaving with no intention of coming back...

But yeah, shiz just got real in my brain parts! 
  • Options
    It gets real every time a stranger comments on my bump!
  • Options
    @penelope4612 check out spinningbabies.com

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    Had my first baby shower today (my side of the family - the shower with DH's side and our local friends is at the end of the month.)  My vehicle is now full of baby stuff for the trip back home tomorrow.  Yeah, it's getting pretty real...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    @LinziLoo09 seeing anything Christmas is freaking me out, too.

Also, getting into the single digits in weeks left. How did I get here?! And I'm washing baby's clothes next weekend to hang them all up. Also seeing food dates expiring on perishables past my due date. 

Talked to my doc's office and feel much better about the leave thing. They said my boss can't do anything about me being taken out of work and can't ask why. They said I can let her know as a courtesy about when, but I don't have to, especially since she and HR have known I'm pregnant for months. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I sterilized all the bottles and pacis today (most were from dd1, we only bought a few packs of new nipped and pacis to replace busted ones). 

Also the nursery is done except for me moving out the sewing table. But I'm still working on a few blankies and burp rags so I'm not ready yet. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    When we were touring the hospital the other day, it finally hit me that this is really happening. Roughly 10 weeks from here. Event he baby shower I had a few weeks ago with family just felt like another gathering. So excited to meet this little one in just a few weeks. 
  • Options
    I saw a Christmas comercial last night. After I yelled at the TV for the length of said comercial (IT'S OCTOBER FIRST!) I realized, holy crap we're gonna have a baby by Christmas. DH laughed at the expression on my face. 
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Lurking on the other birth month boards birth announcements and realizing I'm down to just Oct & Nov - where has the time gone?!
  • Options
    Just got my double stroller - can't believe we're going to have 2 soon. Excited and nervous!

• Options
    Today started my first biweekly appts for the remainder of my pregnancy. And we're now measuring a week and a half ahead. And then I saw this. Shiz just got real for me.
    Ahhhh! This is too real! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Omg. I love Elf. 
    I signed up DH and I for a childbirth center tour at our hospital, finally. It's not for like a month though. Which is a month before our due date. Wait, what? That made things very real. 
    Also, talked to DH about ordering the car seat and bassinet so that 'if' anything were to happen we would be ok. Guess I need some diapers too... 
    The baby shower invites are sent, and most have replied yes! My mom is 'hosting' it, but I will be helping out a lot. It's at the end of the month! Yeah :) baby things, friends, and food!!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Mine may be going to opposite way but this morning I told someone that I'm 31 weeks. With DD1 I went into preterm labor at this point and started a two NST a week regimen for low fluid and BP monitoring. I go for my first fluid check next week for suspected low fluid again. In less then 8 weeks I'll most likely be holding my last baby, and the fact that this will (most likely) be our last has me feeling very overwhelmed! I love to be pregnant and it's nearing its end. Insert watery eyes!

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• Options
    Went to the hospital to turn in my breast pump prescription and all the nurses who passed by me looked super happy and said hi... I think they all thought I was going in to give birth today haha

I also realized my friend is due in exactly a week... which means I'm not far behind. Ahhh!!
  • Options
    @uromys I'm feeling the same way! It's our last baby and I'm trying to enjoy the ride, but everything makes me reminisce our other 2, then I realize this is the last time I'll be going through this! Unless we go crazy in a few years and TTC again, but I don't think that's going to happen. My body is struggling this go round, I don't think I can handle a 4th pregnancy and 4th c-section. I always have my hand on my belly, feeling little guy moving around.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Mine today was realizing that I only have two more weeks scheduled in the office before I transition to working from home. After this crazy week (election, all-day mediation, work baby shower) which will fly that is just one more full week and then I won't be in the office until MARCH. WTF!! 

Also when people ask how far along I am they are like alright so you could have a baby in 3-7 weeks! I'm like three weeks, crap I need a baby seat!!!! 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    I'm right there with you @leksiL I'm due 4 weeks from today which could mean baby girl's arrival anytime in the next 2-5 weeks. I have a baby shower on Saturday and we have what I think are the essentials at home already, but holy crap!  Our car seat was delivered a few weeks ago but is still in the box. We should probably unpack that soon!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    What just hit me was the wmail from HR saying my FMLA leave is over today. So now I have really nail down 'latest day/worst case scenarios' at my app today so I can write a letter to the board explaining whats upand see if I grt to keep my job.

Edit: new phone needs to learn what are real words.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    I had a my biweekly meeting with my supervisor and he mentioned there's only 30 some more work days in the year.  Way to induce minor panic and the reality to really set in!  And typing that, I just counted and I have max 26 more days of work  :o
    Me: 26 & DH: 25
    Married: August 2014
    TTC since November 2015
    BFP #1 12/17/15 - MC 1/28/16
    BFP #2 4/22/16 - EDD 12/30/16
  • Options
    I bought eggs today that expire the day after my due date.

I think shiz got really real for DH this weekend when we went baby shopping with my stepmom. She insisted on getting a lot more for us than we thought, and I think that just seeing all these things that we're actually going to use with our actual baby was a big deal for him.