April 2016 Moms
Options

Car seats

What kind of car seat do you have for LO (or older children) that you love?

My DD hates her infant seat. So we're upgrading to a convertible seat that will stay in the car. Thanks

Re: Car seats

• Options
    Also curious. Babies R Us is having their trade-in event and I want to take advantage and get something bigger. DS always manages to wiggle into the weirdest positions in his infant seat.
  • Options
    I have a Maxi-Così Pebble. We bought it to be compatible with our stroller and so far we're satisfied. But we haven't tried any others so....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Diono Radian RXT. Got one for L when she turned 1, and she's still rear-facing in it at 3.5. Got a second for R earlier in the summer. They fit side by side, so the third seat in the back is still usable, and install like a dream in most cars I have tried them in (sadly not my weird car, so if you have a Subaru Forester, maybe look for something else).
    kids with flags
  • Options
    We also have Diono Radian RXTs for our kids. We use them from birth. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have a graco 4ever and just traded in an old infant seat and got a chicco nextfit zip- love that the cover zips off for washing!!
  • Options
    brenlo42 said:
    Diono Radian RXT. Got one for L when she turned 1, and she's still rear-facing in it at 3.5. Got a second for R earlier in the summer. They fit side by side, so the third seat in the back is still usable, and install like a dream in most cars I have tried them in (sadly not my weird car, so if you have a Subaru Forester, maybe look for something else).
    I do have a Forester- what is wrong with the way it installs (we are starting to look for a new car seat....)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
  • Options
    sarahufl said:
    brenlo42 said:
    I do have a Forester- what is wrong with the way it installs (we are starting to look for a new car seat....)
    My Forester (2016) has a weirdly high seat bight. The crevice where the back of the seat meets the part you sit on is not quite where it is in a normal car. The Radian (and I believe every Diono convertible) has a "foot" which wedges into the seat bight when rear facing, but with the Forester's seat, wedging it in the seat bight makes for a very reclined install, even with the angle adjustor. I called Diono and read all sorts of things online, and they did say that the foot could be pressed tightly to the spot where a normal seat bight would be, but that seems like the foot can't really do its job without being wedged.

The grey seat is wedged+angle adjustor. The red seat is in the seat bight without an angle adjustor.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    We haven't switched to the convertible seat yet but we have the Safety 1st Grow and Go. I am hoping that it will fit in my 2 door car ok but we haven't tried yet. If it doesn't we will give that one to LO's caretaker and find one that fits behind the seat better. I've been looking at the Evenflo Triumph line. 
  • Options
    brenlo42 said:
    sarahufl said:
    brenlo42 said:
    My Forester (2016) has a weirdly high seat bight. The crevice where the back of the seat meets the part you sit on is not quite where it is in a normal car. The Radian (and I believe every Diono convertible) has a "foot" which wedges into the seat bight when rear facing, but with the Forester's seat, wedging it in the seat bight makes for a very reclined install, even with the angle adjustor. I called Diono and read all sorts of things online, and they did say that the foot could be pressed tightly to the spot where a normal seat bight would be, but that seems like the foot can't really do its job without being wedged.

The grey seat is wedged+angle adjustor. The red seat is in the seat bight without an angle adjustor.
    Really useful info! Thanks!
  • Options
    yodiggity said:
    We haven't switched to the convertible seat yet but we have the Safety 1st Grow and Go. I am hoping that it will fit in my 2 door car ok but we haven't tried yet. If it doesn't we will give that one to LO's caretaker and find one that fits behind the seat better. I've been looking at the Evenflo Triumph line. 
    I have a Triumph Platinum LX, and it has been pretty good. We bought it originally because we thought it might be easier for MIL to tighten with the click-wheel thing rather than the traditional pull strap, but it turned out to be harder for her, so it's in DH's car instead. I love the no-rethread harness.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    Well we ended up getting the Maxi Cosi Vello 65... and so far so good. DD seems so much more comfortable and happy in it.