June 2015 Moms
Options

Toddler sleep

just curious how sleep is going for everyone? 

Re: Toddler sleep

• Options
    My son has never been a good sleeper. On a good night, he is in bed around 7:30 (finally going down awake, without a fight), and will wake up at 3:30 to nurse. Then somewhere between 5:00 and 6:00, he cries and comes to sleep with us until about 7:00/7:30. Many days he's up by 6:40, and will wake once or twice more in the night, though he generally goes back down relatively easily. 

At daycare, he puts himself to sleep, and naps 1-1.5 hours, sometimes 2. At home, we co-sleep and nap for 3+ hours together. (He's a snuggler, and I can't make myself sleep train. We enjoy it and it works for us, so why change it?!)

Overall, this is fine. I really wish he would sleep through the night, but he's made tons of progress.
  • Options
    We are doing well, but teething makes it challenging. He wakes up at 6:00, naps from noon to 2:30 and goes down for bed at 7:15. He's been waking up screaming several times at night but puts himself back to sleep. We sleep trained and while it was hard, I'm so glad we did it. We have never coslept, but i would LOVE to snuggle up with him for naps! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sleeping for us has gotten a lot better since he hit 13 months.  I bit the bullet and sleep trained (was very hesitant to do this at first),  he still wakes at night, but is able to settle himself after a few minutes.  He goes to bed around 7:30, and then is usually up for the day anywhere from 6:30/7:30.  I honestly feel like a new person after being able to get 8+ hours of sleep a night.  LO still usually takes 2 naps a day, a morning one around 10 and then an afternoon nap around 2:30/3.  
  • Options
    my son sleep patterns is pretty much the same. there are nights that he wakes up several times at night or some days I'm lucky n he will only wake up once. he takes one 2 hour nap during the day at around noon
  • Options
    We don't have much of a schedule. Daycare does naps much later than we typically do but I just go by her tired cues. She is able to STTN but that hasn't happened lately. She will usually wake once, sometimes twice and typically sleeps from 8:30-7:30 but this varies some too. We still nurse at night and haven't done sleep training either and I doubt we will. Just taking it one night at a time I guess.
  • Options
    It's all over the place, but an "average" night is asleep at 8:00, nurse at 4:00, and then nursing/co-sleeping 5:00 to 6:00. He usually naps from 12:00 to 2:00.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Options
    Sleep is going well here! We're usually in bed between 7:30-8 and wake up consistently at 6:30. Usually STTN, occasionally wakes up and puts herself back to sleep. Naps from 11ish - 1ish, sometimes a second nap around 4. 
  • Options
    Unless she's teething, DD goes down around 730 (sometimes she nurses to sleep, sometimes she finishes nursing and puts herself to sleep in the crib without fussing), and wakes up between 630-7am.  Nap starts around 11:45 and lasts until 1:30-2, puts herself to sleep.  That's daycare's nap schedule so we do it at home too.  We are very lucky.  She was always a good night sleeper but naps were rarely more than 30-45 minutes each until we cleared 9 months.
  • Options
    My girls are great night sleepers. They go in cribs awake around 7:30-8:00 and sleep straight through until I wake them at 7 to go to work/daycare. Weekends, they sleep until 8:30-9:00. I don't wake them on weekends, we all sleep in. It's great.

Naps on the other hand... Naps last a maximum of an hour at 1:00 and that's their only nap for the day. I wish I could get them to nap longer, but I'll take it since they sleep so well at night.
  • Options
    My daughter is down for the night around 7pm, then sleeps until about 7am (for about a month now she's been STTN, before that had been waking up once and I'd nurse her).  At home we recently went down to one nap (she started resisting the 2nd nap) and we're still working out the timing, but about 11am she starts her nap and sleeps between 1-1.5 hours.  She's never been a big napper.

At daycare they put the kids in her room down to nap at noon and she's always the last to go to sleep (she could be up all day at daycare if everyone didn't nap at the same time).  At best she'll sleep an hour, but sometimes/often wakes up after just 40 minutes.
  • Options

My LO still wake up in the middle of the night (goes to bed by 7:30 or 8:00). Luckily he just puts himself back to sleep. He is awake for sure by 5:00am and the only way to get him back to sleep is if he has his bottle with milk. He naps twice a day.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    This is so helpful. Thanks, ladies! Seems on a good day, he's fairly typical then. 

Funny how fast things change. Since my original post, he's shifted his bedtime to 6:30/7:00 and sleeps til 4:00 or so, on a good night (followed by nursing and co-sleeping). We had a run of bad nights lately but, knock on wood, seem to be back on track.

I think I need to let go of my notion that "he's a bad sleeper." Sounds like he's somewhere in the range of normal despite our rough start and what these magical fairyland sleep books say!