December 2016 Moms
Options

Petty Problem Saturday 9/24

Let's hear em ladies!

So, I'll admit my reasons behind starting this thread are sort of AWish but I need help and DH is not being helpful.  I think I want one of these dresses for my baby shower and they are on sale only through today.  I have the light blue in a different color/shorter style and it's flattering but it shows underwear lines pretty obviously.  It is less expensive than the darker blue though.  I like them both pretty equally.  Thoughts?  I would hopefully also be able to wear it to work, but I think they are both reasonably work appropriate.

Re: Petty Problem Saturday 9/24

• Options
    I like the darker one as well, I'm not sure how to get away with no VPL... other than a thong or commando ....if it was me I need to support this belly! Lol
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @penelope4612  I also like the darker blue better - but mostly because it's a more "fall" dress and the lighter blue looks more "spring".

My petty problem is I'm stuck in my bedroom with my dog while the painter works on the nursery.  My dog does not enjoy having workers/contractors in the house so it keeps her calm to have one of us in here.  It would be fine but the appletv isn't working so I'm bored.  I'll probably take a nap!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    @R0824H Belly Bandit Thighs Disguise is perfect for hiding VPL, smoothing, and providing awesome belly support. I got it back around week 12 and it still fits since it grows with you. It's like $65 but completely worth the money.
  • Options
    my petty problem is my baby bud bud is sick (again). That's not the petty problem. He wants to curl into my arms and sleep with me on my bed. Also not a problem, melts my heart. The problem is my hips. I'm miserable in one position but will hold out for the comfort of my poor little guy. Which means lying there all night in total discomfort for my little pup. And yet somehow I still feel lucky to even be in that position. Oh the sappiness of motherhood...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited September 2016
    I like the style of the lighter one, but the colors of the darker one. That's not very helpful of me... get the darker one! Less to worry about, espeuif you are like me and going to drop some food on your belly. 

My petty problem....
    We are supposed to take the kids to the fair today. We promised them, we have to. But I don't wanna! Walking around all day in crowds. My back hurts, my stomach muscles hurt, im out of breath randomly. I'm going to be so exhausted if we do. Which we will, because we promised, gotta keep our words... 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Dark one. More fall-like.

My petty problem. Prego brain over here, I forgot to put the food away last night! So the 6 chicken legs that were supposed to hold us over the weekend are now in the trash. I am so pissed.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Definitely the dark one. I like both, but agree the light one is more spring like. 

My house is a mess. I want it clean. I don't have the energy to do much and my lower uterus still hurts from (I believe) sex on Thursday. 

Also...I want to be having sex...but after yesterday's all day tear inducing pain, I don't know if it's worth it. Maybe sex but no orgasms? No fun for me...but DH would be happy. Idk. Wwyd?
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    Dark one. I've been eyeing that dress myself for my showers. :) 

My petty problem is my husband is on call this weekend and we can't do anything for his phone ringing and stores having computer issues. I've barely saw him this week because works been so busy for him. I've been looking forward to having two days with him and I'm just sitting with him in the car listening to this dude in Louisiana complain on speakerphone. Wah. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cayaylonglegscayaylonglegs member
    edited September 2016
    Dark one

ugh. Post got eaten. Lady yelled at me because I couldn't massage her as she was only 5 weeks post cesarean. I feel terrible and weepy now. I am so hormonal today.

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Pillsbury cinnamon rolls are not anything like I remember. They didn't even pull apart from a swirl, but rather they were like a biscuit with cinnamon thrown in. BS. That's not what it looks like on the can! Now I'm irritated because I was looking forward to eating them all week and was super disappointed. (However, they still tasted like a cinnamon roll... But part of the appeal for me was the pull apart goodness I remembered)
  • Options
    Not sure if I want to take a nap (waiting for DS to fall asleep right now) or go food shopping so I can eat all the things.  There are few internal debates more serious to me than eat vs sleep.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    @penelope1019 another vote for the darker one!
  • Options
    @sourlemon I'm also in the no sex category...but I also could care less whether I have sex or not, DH is not thrilled*shrugs*

my problem: I have 4.5 more hours of work to go and I don't wanna, also it's been so busy I've been on my feet all day and my feet feel like they are going to pop the seams on my shoes :/ Epsom soak for sure tonight!
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @BabyRobbinsAdventure You have to get the grands one or whatever they're called in the fatter tube. Those still roll up like a real cinnamon roll. I've messed up and gotten the biscuit ones before. Such a let down as soon you pop the can  :'(
  • Options
    @sourlemon If *you* want to have sex, then maybe you can have non-penetrative sex. Handies or BJs are good for him especially if you enjoy doing them, but if you have a Body Wand (HIGHLY RECOMMEND) or vibrator, he can help you achieve a clitoral climax over a vaginal one. This may not be the case for you, but I notice that vaginal orgasms make me cramp, but clitoral ones do not. But if you are in crippling pain, maybe just stick with the handies/BJs or just abstain til it's pleasurable for both of you...no pain involved. ;)
  • Options
    I think part of the reason sex sounds appealing right now is cuz I was on pelvic rest from 19-28 weeks. Been cleared for a whole week and a half and now this. Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh. Total petty problem. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @penelope4612 - I'm going rogue here and voting for the Light blue - I personally don't like the light colored top, I feel like it would make my boobs look even more huge than they already are. Andplusalso, you could wear boots and or a pumpkin or burgundy wrap to "fall" it up. Just me :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in camp dark blue too.

I wish they wouldn't hold their bellies like that in maternity dress pics....how am I supposed to know if it makes me look like a tent or not!!??

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the opinions!  I will probably go with the dark one.  I think ultimately I don't want my underwear lines showing on a day that I might be having pics taken, and also realized that if I'm sweaty I'll totally have obviously wet pits in that light blue color.  Embarrassing.

@zubenescamali - 55 mins on hold does not sound petty to me.  I would be so angry.

@sourlemon - I've been avoiding sex bc the cramping freaks me out.  The times we've done it and I've tried to not orgasm have been fine in the sense that it's nice to feel close to DH but it's obviously not quite as satisfying.
  • Options
    Petty problem of the day:

Desperately wanted Indian food, but had to settle for Japanese fusion. :( 

My dad and brother came to work on my car yesterday. DH has been fielding texts and communications with various people for me to keep my stress low, which has been so nice. Before my brother and dad left yesterday, I told them twice...please text/call DH if you want to look at the car again or whatever because I'm trying to be mindful of good and bad stress. DH and I went out today to look at Halloween stuff, so I didn't bring my phone.

I get back home, and there are several texts and missed calls from my mom and dad about wanting to come over and look at my car, asking when they can stop by, why am I not answering, etc. Seriously? There's just no sense of boundaries. Yesterday I asked my dad, "Please don't park on our yard when you come over." What the hell does he do? Parks on our grass.

Just annoying as hell--it's not like I'm asking you to explain quantum mechanics...just respect my VERY REASONABLE requests.
  • Options
    @tinattt23 I'll have to keep that in mind next time! It was very deceiving because it looked like a cinnamon roll on the tube of both the original and the grands... Lesson learned the hard way :(
  • Options
    Mine is that I've been craving the apple pie burger that only one restaurant sells and they only sell it in the fall. But is it on their fall 2016 menu? Nope. 

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    My petty problem - I finally got my hair done after not doing anything with it since February. We moved in December, so finding a good salon has been a pain, so I was going to visit my friend and go to her stylist who she raves about. Went in with a picture of the color I wanted and said I wanted to keep some of my length, but to lose about a fistfull from the bottom. Came out with hair about 3 inches shorter than I wanted and nothing like the color I asked for. Everyone has been commenting on how much they love it, but I can't get over how it looks nothing like I wanted, but I am too tired/lazy to actually go change it. The lady seemed really off her game that day, so I still made another appointment for the beginning of December so I can have it all fresh and ready before the creature makes its appearance. So even though I am not thrilled with how it turned out, it doesn't look HORRIBLE (a quality job was done), I am still going to give her one chance because I am too busy and lazy to find a different stylist in my area right now after having a horrendous cut in February and then paid up the wah-heezy to have it fixed.