March 2017 Moms
Options

Healthy foods

Is anyone else forcing down "healthy foods" like fruit and salads when they're really dying to eat candy, pizza, mac and cheese, ice cream...?

Re: Healthy foods

• Options

I don't like veggies, and meat..... and I don't like things too sweet.

but I love fruits.... love love love them right now, maybe more than I have ever loved fruits. its my #1 go to food.

SaveSave
  • Options
    I eat healthy for breakfast and lunch. Then eat not so healthy for dinner. Balance. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Im happy eating lemons and limes like you would an apple.

I don't want vegetables if I can get away with it....But Ive already put on 5 pounds so Im trying to change the way I do business.

Literally like force feeding salad instead of stuffing my face with crackers

• Options
    I've never been the best healthy eater. I'm trying, honestly, but it's not going well. I try to balance the super unhealthy pizza and carbs with some salads here and there but. It's tough. 
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    Smoothies! I fill up half a blender with spinach then top it off with a banana and strawberries or mango, then water and other healthy things :) 
  • Options
    I've found avocados are a good compromise!  They are fatty (with "good" fats, so I'm told), so they kind of take off the edge of my craving, but I've heard they're good for babies' brain development!

Also. I eat lots of grilled cheese. And mac and cheese. And cheese in general. 
  • Options
    Definitely having to work to find healthy foods I crave.
    I'm in the smoothie camp too. I make my own freezer smoothie packs so every morning making it is super quick, and I'm getting banana/strawberries/blueberries/spinach in, no matter what I eat for the rest of the day (I might have made one of my meals today out of caramel corn...).

For veggies, salads are just not appealing to me either, so I've been roasting broccoli, cauliflower, or brussels sprouts (those I drizzle with a honey balsamic reduction). Spinach I tend to sautee with garlic. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Do veggies count if they are drowning in butter, salt, pepper, garlic, and crushed red pepper??? I haven't had much of an appetite at all, so I haven't eaten as many healthy things as I should, because let's face it, if I have mac and cheese and veggies on my plate, I'm gonna eat the mac and cheese first, because I get full so quick. I have been trying to make some of my favorite veggie dishes too so I can get them in, but they are mostly from my Atkins days, so there is often butter or cheese involved. Brussel sprouts, asparagus, and spinach have been my major go to veggies. Fruits have been easy because we serve fresh fruit at every meal at the child care I work at, so there is no shortage of really great fruits, and I don't have to be the one to prep them! (Because everything tastes better when someone else preps or cooks it!)