Infertility

Just need to vent (loss mentioned)

Hello all.  I have not been on here in a few months.  I needed a break.

I had 2 miscarriages already.  The last was in April, and it was not a fun time at all.   I went through numerous tests after, they found and removed a polyp.  and found no other reason for the last loss.  So I went for my second IVF round with a frozen transfer.   Saturday I hit my 6 week mark.  I felt ok.  I was a little more tired.. had some cramping on and off, but good.   on Sunday afternoon I started to have sharp cramps, then some bleeding.  it seemed to slow and almost stop that night.  I had an appointment Monday morning any way.  SO early monday morning we went and had blood work and ultrasound.   The doctor saw a clot, and was not fully able to view the yolk sac.  She was able to still see a fetal pole, but no heartbeat, and not a lot of growth from what she could see.  Not great news.  She said that it does not look good.  More then likely it is a loss, but there is a small chance it is just a clot blocking the view.    My blood work came back great.  But that at the moment means nothing.   At the moment I don't know how I feel.  I want to keep that small hope, but I know realistically it is probably another loss.  My husband is not handling it as well. 

This will be the 3rd loss then for us.  I am with many women out there that ask WHY.   We both continue to live our lives, we don't put things on hold for a potential baby.   I know that sounds weird.  This is a huge part of our life.  But until I am past the 12 week mark it will not be real for either of us.   We plan trips, we go out with friends, we live our life.  What we do is keep my meds in check, keep my diet going and I don't drink alcohol.  

I know I am not alone.  I have met a lot of great woman through here and other outlets that have been a great support.  But we all know we have those days of WTF.  WHY ME?!   and Monday was one of those days. 

Sorry for this long post. 
TTC since 2013 (loss mentioned)
IUI #1 and 2 BFN
IUI #3 BFP - miscarried at 7 weeks
started IVF cycle Feb 2016
2/19 ER-- 20 Retrieved 12 fertilized 6 tested 
2/26 -- 3 normal, 2 abnormal, 2 unconfirmed 
4/3 transfer
4/29 - Miscarried
8/25 - transfer
9/3 - BFP  -- fingers crossed...

Re: Just need to vent (loss mentioned)

• @mummysmomma I'm so sorry for all you've been through and I'm sure many of us can relate to that hopelessness that rears its ugly head sometimes.  Sending thoughts and prayers your way!
  • @mummysmomma I'm so sorry for your losses and all you've been through! If this is indeed a loss--and I truly hope it's not--I hope you take some time to treat yourselves. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry you're going through this.  It is amazing how lonely infertility can feel when so many go through similar journies.  The entire process is so unfair and I hope you get an answer soon.  I hope this isn't another loss for you.  Sending Ts&Ps your way. 
  • @mummysmomma ugh I'm so sorry you're going through this.  I hope you find some answers soon.  
  • @Esperer @Bababatty @Elyse1384 @lady_grey    Thank you all.

Unfortunately it is another loss.   I'll hear more from my doctor later on the next steps.  

TTC since 2013 (loss mentioned)
    IUI #1 and 2 BFN
    IUI #3 BFP - miscarried at 7 weeks
    started IVF cycle Feb 2016
    2/19 ER-- 20 Retrieved 12 fertilized 6 tested 
    2/26 -- 3 normal, 2 abnormal, 2 unconfirmed 
    4/3 transfer
    4/29 - Miscarried
    8/25 - transfer
    9/3 - BFP  -- fingers crossed...
  • @mummysmomma so sorry to hear this news.  Sending hugs your way, hope you and DH can lean on each other and take extra good care of yourselves.  Don't lose hope
  • @mummysmomma my prayers are with you and your DH. I know it will take time, but I hope you find peace.
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • I'm so sorry for your losses. I just had back to back chemical pregnancies, so your post really resonated with me. 
  • I am SO sorry to hear all of the struggle you have been through! I don't think any of us will ever know WHY, our moms always taught us that life isn't fair and infertility certainly resonates with that. 

My fingers and toes are crossed for you! 
  • I'm so sorry for your loss and for your frustrations with all that you've been through. Spoil yourself a little for now and just try to keep hopeful, as hard as that may be.
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!