TTC after 35

TWW: Sept 19-25

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! 

If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!

Re: TWW: Sept 19-25

• Going off of the digital OPK I use I am 2 DPO.  I'd be shocked if this was the month only because I got my smile face on Saturday and DH was out of town this weekend.  We are going to still BD today hopefully.  We also BD on Friday before he left.  I will only test if I miss AF.  I'm a spotter and it usually starts a couple days before AF.  We'll see.  I would LOVE if I did get pregnant this cycle because our anniversary is October 3rd and I think it would be an awesome present to us both.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FX for you this cycle @vlagrl29! That would indeed be an awesome anniversary gift! You never know with the timing...Friday sounds really positive if you got the smily the next day!
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck @vlagrl29, there's still a chance for sure! 

CD16/3DPO/3DPIUI? I think....although maybe only 2DPO...got a smiley on the OPK on Thursday afternoon, IUI on Friday morning. 

This cycle I am already going bananas. I really think our issue has been my cervix being too narrow. They've had to manually dilate it for both the HSG and IUI. Narrow cervix can also cause extreme menstrual cramps and spotting, which I get every month too. So I'm fully convinced this is our issue, which means our chances for IUI working are really high! 

I also accepted a new job, in the city I live in, a regular 8-5, M-F job. I'm so excited to have a normal schedule again and to get away from the stress of working in the hospital, so I'm feeling lots of good vibes right now. Hopefully AF stays away and the good vibes continue! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque Oooh I have a really good feeling for you after your IUI! Sending T&Ps your way. And that is AWESOME about your new job with regular hours. That should make this whole journey a little less complicated at least! Bask in that happy glow, lady!!!
  • @PoeMasque FX about your IUI!  And congrats on the new job...that's wonderful!

I'm at 10DPO and will test tomorrow, should I make it that far.  The only thing I'm hopeful for this cycle is that my LP is longer than the past couple.  I was getting acupuncture for migraines for months, and apparently it lengthened my LPs, too, because once I stopped, they got shorter again.  I started treatment with an acupuncturist that specializes in fertility this cycle, so I'm just praying it make it to 12DPO or later.
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• @Momifbysea thanks!  I was feeling down about it last night.  I asked DH what if we missed our window of opportunity?  He thinks I'm nuts and says we can still get pregnant even though he was out of town for 2 days.  He found out I was using OPKs last week when he was using the bathroom trashcan to clip his nails.  He thought I was doing a pregnancy test every day.  He doesn't mind that I'm doing it.  I was just worried it would stress him out and that's why I never told him.

@PoeMasque good luck on the IUI
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker