April 2017 Moms

Baby Movements

I KNOW I'm about to sound crazy...no judgment please!!!

Any other STM+ feeling anything like little flutters???

With DS I didn't feel anything until about 16 weeks, and no distinct kicks until 19 weeks. 

But the last couple of days, I've been feeling odd little flutters. Like those first movements I felt with DS. I am only 11 weeks so I'm guessing it's in my head?? But I thought I'd ask if any other STM+ have felt anything this early?!?!

Re: Baby Movements

• BecNJakeBecNJake member
    edited September 2016
    I have been feeling little flutters too- and feeling a little crazy myself :) I've heard after your first baby your uterus is different and pregnancy can be a completely different experience. I'm not sure if it's just little muscle twinges from everything changing in there, gas or maybe a little one playing around in there- bouncing off the walls. I think for all the nausea and exhaustion and other unpleasant l symptoms we go through, we should be able to say it's the baby ;) I always think of my precious little one playing when I feel the flutters! 
  • My doctor said that at this stage it's most likely ligaments being pulled and stuff stretched in there.. mine haven't been where the baby is anyway (twinges are more to my sides) so made sense.

Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • Loading the player...
  • @BecNJake, glad I'm not alone!!! With DS I felt flutters but didn't think it was possible yet. I think knowing this baby will likely be my last is making me want to enjoy this moment, even if I sound crazy!
  • @HappyAnjel, that makes sense. Mine have been very low and where I anticipate baby is right now. I'm going to ask my OB next week if it's possible!
  • I have felt things that feel just like my baby kicking last time. But, at 10 weeks I know it just really isn't possible. So, I am definitely calling it gas. I felt DD at 18 weeks, 3 hard kicks and then bam... all day every day. I am definitely looking forward to it. But, I really don't think it's possible now. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @HappyAnjel, that makes sense. Mine have been very low and where I anticipate baby is right now. I'm going to ask my OB next week if it's possible!
  • @mrsstuessy, oh man! The phantom kicks are CRAZY after giving birth!!! I seriously thought something was wrong with me. Haven't felt those in a while thank goodness!
  • Ok thank you ladies for bringing up phantom kicks. I have never heard of them but DEFINITELY had them after DS was born last year. I thought I was going crazy! Glad to hear that's a real thing :)
  • I would assume that it's gas, but I bet it won't be much longer for you @STM2017. I believe i was about 14 weeks with DD when I felt her for the first time 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm sure it's too early, but why not enjoy the feeling?!  I can't wait for those crazy kicks and dance parties. Since DD was born, I've always said how much I loved being pregnant and how great I felt...I think I really just liked the second half in hindsight.  I'm looking forward to getting to the point of looking pregnant and feeling pregnant!!
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @BeachMommy2B, maybe I'm just ignorant, but I don't notice extra gas in general. But maybe it's all internal and isn't making its way externally yet haha
  • Add me to the list of those feeling phantom flutters. I think we are more sensitive to what it felt like, so any kind of movement down there could feel like flutters. It's still kind of cool because you know there's a bebe swimming around in there :) 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I've definetly felt my gas baby kick !
  • Mine are always phantom/gas. I get them even if I'm not pregnant!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I usually feel gas. Last night, I felt a ton of gas pretty high. Then, I felt a distinctly different movement much lower. It definitely felt more like baby, but i6 think it might have been a vein. Sometimes, I can feel a vein throb and that and a baby movement can feel similar. Plus, that area is getting more blood. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17 

• First pregnancy, didn't feel anything until 16ish weeks, second pregnancy 13 weeks 4 days I remember distinctly - flutters very light and repetitive. I would not bet on it at 11 weeks 3 days where I am today, I would put money on round ligament stretching. 
    Alyssa (30) & DH (36)
    DD (12), DS (8). 
    Baby Boy EDD 4/6/17. 
  • Yes!!!! I thought I was imagining things. But yes I'm feeling them too. STM over here!
    Pregnancy Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Phantom flutters here.  With DD I started feeling movements early, about 13-14 weeks.  Hoping to feel movements early again with this one!
    EDD 4/15/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I can feel little flutters towards my sides and low. I put my had there, and I can feel it when I put my had there. I asked the NP at my appt. last week- and she confirmed my theory they were just little muscle twinges. 
  • I know I was early with my 4th but think it was more 13-16 weeks.  Not gas, deffinetly those first flutters
  • I've been feeling squirmy type sensations but I imagine it's just muscle or bladder spasms. I am hoping to feel baby sooner this time though. I was pretty far along with an anterior placenta last time.
  • Knowing how many phantom kicks and flutters I felt after my son was born and for the entire first 2 years of his life (it definitely got less frequent, but I still had moments of wondering what was going on) I don't think I'm going to be convinced I feel any real movement until I see a foot sticking out lol

With that said, I remember with my son, at our first appointment (10 weeks), my midwife placed her hands on my stomach and said she could feel the baby darting around. I mean, she is an excellent midwife and I trust her judgment, but I was a little skeptical. However, if there's enough movement to feel baby moving externally to the trained touch, maybe it's not too crazy to think you could feel them internally as well if you knew what you were looking for.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 13 weeks 4 days today, definitely feeling the baby move infrequently the last three days 1-3 times per day. For certain. :) Wee!!
    Alyssa (30) & DH (36)
    DD (12), DS (8). 
    Baby Boy EDD 4/6/17. 
  • I'm 14w today. I felt my DD for the first time at 15w. I'm feeling these little pokey flutters every so often and I wonder, but just can't tell for sure...

• Yes! I have thought I had flutter too! AND ALL the stupid phantom kicks pp. They made me feel insane because I would mostly feel them at night. Crazy!