Success after IF
Options

Third IUI attempt!

Hello Everyone!! 

I am new to the bump so I figured I would post and get some (hopefully) reassuring news! My wife and I want nothing more than to bring a baby into this world! I will carry and the testing started in December. A lot of labs, HSG, and ultrasounds later we were told I don't have anything wrong (YAY!). They found I was hypothyroid but since starting medication that is no longer an issue.

Anyways, we found a sperm bank..and then donor after many weeks of searching and narrowing it down. Bought three vials and shipped them to our fertility clinic. We have done two IUI's with my natural cycle and had no success. 

It it is so frustrating because with each negative you do more research to try to determine why. I am a healthy 25 year old female--"in my prime" according to the docs, yet still not pregnant. They told us that IUI will usually work in three rounds with no fertility problems so with this IUI coming up in a few days--the pressure is ON! 

After the second negative I asked about clomid or ANYTHING to increase our chances and the doc said not yet! Just had an ultrasound today and I have a maturing follicle and will do another US Sunday, if all looks okay will use ovidrel and inseminate Monday. 

I am really hoping this one works because I am ALREADY emotionally exhausted, not to mention we will be out of sperm. I guess I am hoping to hear some positive things from the group: anyone have IUI success without clomid?! Perhaps on the third try?! 

Best at wishes to all! I hope we all chat in the pregnancy boards soon! 

Rae 

Re: Third IUI attempt!

• Options
    Hi Rae, You may get better results in or pregnant after infertility and to get support from other ladies in similar situations you should try the Trying to Get Pregnant board or the TTTC (Trouble Trying to Conceive). Good luck in your journey and hope this next IUI is successful! 
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion