Infertility

High Prolactin, Hypothyroid, Anyone else?

Greeting all!

Due to multiple miscarriages, most recently in November of 2015, my OB/GYN started investigating. I've been hypothyroid for... well, since high school. Investigation began with clotting issue blood work. We discovered I have a homozygous MTHFR mutation. My periods have been irregular since November, leading to now... here I am day 68 of my cycle - LONGEST EVER. 

Doctor just pulled fertility hormone panel, and also checked my thyroid levels. My prolactin is 68.1!

Other values are: 
Estradiol: 72
FSH: 2.8
LH: 6.4
Progesterone: 7.6
Prolactin: 68.1

Anyone else have similar readings? I believe I may have finally ovulated in the last week, and anticipate I'll start my period in the next few days, as most values put me "mid-luteal phase". However, the Estradiol is low for being mid-luteal... which, from what I've read, may have to do with high prolactin? 

Any success stories for ladies with similar readings? 

Thanks so much!

Re: High Prolactin, Hypothyroid, Anyone else?

• Hey...I don't have much to offer (sorry!) But I also have hypothyroid (for years) and just found out I have MTHFR. Mine is compound heterozygous. For what it's worth my estradiol has always been on the low side and my REs have all said it's not a problem- its much worse to be higher. My estrogen during IVF on the day before retrieval was EXTREMELY low (I was on cetrotide) and they still retrieved 21 eggs and we have 7 normal embryos.

I haven't had any prolactin issues. Best of luck!
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• I have prolactin issues.  My level was 124 when I was diagnosed.  I take dostinex and it's under control.  I've been on it over a year now.  Half a tab once a week, no huge deal for that part any more.  But it did freak me out when I was first diagnosed.  There was a lot of blood work to get my dosage right to control it.  Hopefully yours is as easy to get into the normal range.

me:41 dh:42
    me:PCOS, blocked left fallopian tube, hyperprolactinemia  (dh's swimmers are perfect/normal)
    Tried 3 rounds of clomid with Ovidrel trigger (BFNs)
    May/June 2016 IVF   6/1 ER 7 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized via ICSI  6 embryos made it to blasts.
    6/6 2 AA embryos transfered, 4 BBs frozen
    Beta 6/18  -- BFN
    FET #1 August 22 BFN
    Dec 2016/Jan 2017 Round 2 was a bust. 6 eggs, Only 1 embryo made it, no transfer
    FET #2 cancelled 10/17 due to uterine polyps. Postponed until 9/2018 due to hip replacement.

FET #3 9/11/18 Uterine scratch and antihistamine protocol/lovenox done this time. 2 AA hatching blasts put in.  BFP 9/20/18!! 

• Loading the player...
  • I also had high prolactin (I think my numbers were in the 60s as well). Been taking bromocriptine nightly for the past 1.5 years. While it brought my levels down, it didn't help me ovulate but I was also found to have PCOS so dealing with that now.