October 2016 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change 9.14.16

How many weeks?

What size is baby? 

Upcoming appointments? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  

GTKY: Are you having anyone come stay and help out at home after the baby comes? (Stolen from Monday and Tuesday)
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 9.14.16

• Options
    How many weeks? 37 Weeks, 3 weeks to go! 

What size is baby?  Tackle box

Upcoming appointments? 37 Week appointment on Friday. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? My rant this week is my mother in law, I've already shared in the Monday BF but a summarized version is in the last question too.
      I'm also still annoyed that hubby's step-sister is getting married the weekend after Thanksgiving (initially it was Friday, now moved to Saturday), so now we'll get to travel and stay in a hotel on Thanksgiving due to our distance away.  We at least were able to get our room booked, it was weird thinking that we had to book it as a family of 4, since we're currently a family of 3.  But - if you're ever looking for rooms compare the price of a suite to a regular room - all of the places we looked at the hotels were either cheaper than standard rooms or only about $10 more than a regular guest room.  We figured with it being a holiday weekend and having a 1-1.5 month old we might as well add the extra room to allow us to close the door and help our 3 year old sleep. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? My belly button is super sore to the touch, and I've been having acid reflux/heart burn even with the prescription medications they've put me on for it.  Breakfast foods have been the main cravings, I could really go for Eggs Benedict - I wonder if this is on the hospital menu (our hospital has a menu that moms in the recovery side can order from that is included with your stay, rather than getting the tray meal of whatever food it is that time)?  Browning hamburger is still a huge aversion, we don't eat red meat that often, but both pregnancies it's turned my stomach every time we make it. 

GTKY: Are you having anyone come stay and help out at home after the baby comes? (Stolen from Monday and Tuesday) 
    Yes, but not by my choice, I would rather it just be our new family of 4.  I posted it in my Monday BF. My mother in law asked to come down after we had baby and wanted to know what dates would work best for us, so we told her she could come down the last two weeks of October since I said it might be kinda nice to have someone there at night after my husband goes back to night shift nursing after his 2 weeks of paternity leave.  Her response was, I already had to put my time in so I took off the 5th - 17th (without asking my husband or I about dates).  So now she'll be staying with us from our due date for about two weeks, when I would really rather not have anyone extra staying at our place. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LGW2015LGW2015 member
    edited September 2016
    How many weeks? 37 weeks! Almost to the finish line!

What size is baby? Honeydew melon

Upcoming appointments? Went yesterday, not dilated yet but 50% effaced. Baby hasn't dropped yet either though, his head is in my hip. He better straighten out soon! I go every Tuesday until due date!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I was hoping for a little dilation action given how many BH i've had but I can wait a little longer, he'll be here soon enough :)

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Same old same old. Bad acid reflux, uncomfortable with lots of pressure, haven't been sleeping well at all. 

My parents and his parents are coming whenever I go into labor (they live 5 hours and 2 hours away respectively). My mom will stay for a week and then head home. I'm expecting my in-laws to stay for a week, and/or on weekends, and i'm expecting my grandparents to come visit for a week or so after that (they live 6 hours away). So i'm sure we'll have plenty of help which will be nice although i'm sure we will also want our space to get into a routine with our new little one! So I definitely can sympathize with you Allison (it won't let me tag you for some reason)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many weeks? 36 Weeks!

What size is baby? Papaya

Upcoming appointments? Not another until 2 weeks from now, which I think is a little weird

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rants is I'm started to get really weird about just how many people want to see and hang out with my new baby. I'm happy people are excited, but it's already stressing me out. FTM problems I guess. Raves is we bought almost everything we needed from our registry!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  I will eat anything. At any time.

So help me my MIL and FIL don't come to stay with me. For the time being, they will be about an hour away which gives us some room, but it sounded like she wanted to come over every day for three months!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I feel ya @LGW2015 and @allison.smith.6212 I really hate when people invite themselves over without asking. That is rude all the time whether or not you have a baby. 
  • Options
    @allison.smith.6212 I saw your post in Monday BF too... Can't help but wonder, why did she even bother asking you what dates work if she had certain ones picked out that couldn't be changed? Um, lol. It's like she wants to come across considerate of your needs, but really is not at all...