March 2017 Moms
Options

Maternit21 Test

2»

Re: Maternit21 Test

• Options
    Wow @JRD3516!!  What a crazy 24 hours its been!  Continued prayers for you.
    Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.
  • Options
    @JRD3516 wow, what a crazy 24 hours. And what a miracle if you do have turners syndrome. That is crazy. So I am guessing by your post that turner's syndrome can't be give to the baby if the mom has it? I was hoping the test was wrong in general and neither of you had it. Continued prayers for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jadkins17 From my understanding, Turner's Syndrome is not in any way inherited so if I have it, I couldn't give it to my daughter. It's not to say she couldn't have it too but it would be a random thing if we both had it. It would be like the same person being struck by lightening twice in the same place at different times. So...not impossible, I suppose, but not likely either, if that makes sense. I still have some hope that neither of us has it either but quite honestly it would actually make me feel better about my daughter's chances if they confirm that I have it. :)
  • Options
    I'm glad to here things are looking better for you!  I will keep your little girl in my thoughts!

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JRD3516 wow what a story!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

@jrd3516 any updates girl? You've been on my mind.

Day 12 of waiting for results.... im going CRAZY

• Options
    Hopefully you'll get them today @jadkins17 !!!
  • Options

@peony2418 I hope so. However I called this morning and asked for the first time to see if the results were in yet, and they weren't. But mail should have ran by now... so maybe??? LOL

• Options
    @jadkins17 I am on day 7 and going crazy.  Hearing you're on 12 and still don't have them makes me even more anxious!  My doc warned it can take 2 weeks, but so many have shared getting it faster I had high hopes.  Not so much now!
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    come on, test results for @jadkins17 and @MrsBinPA!  Show up!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

@MrsBinPA I know I had high hopes after reading people on here getting theirs pretty quick also. But I tried not giving my hopes up, glad I didn't lol. Maybe today will be the day!

@peony2418 yes please send us all the good vibes, maybe well both get lucky and they will come in today!

• Options
    Sending you T&P @JRD3516. Please keep us posted!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's amazing news @JRD3516!!!!  What a whirlwind it's been for you!!

I'm still praying and crossing my fingers that the results show up with only good news tomorrow @jadkins17!
  • Options
    @jrd3516 I am SOOOO happy to hear that for you you! I couldn't imagine how I would have reacted to your news. Glad everything is going to be OK! Thank you for calming me down a little, it truly is hard to not get in your own head about things. <3
  • Options
    @JRD3516 YAY! I'm so happy to hear everything is ok with baby!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @peony2418 have you got your yet? Still awaiting mine :(
  • Options
    I didn't have Materniti21 @jadkins17. I did Harmony and the results came back in about a week.  I'm just upset on y'alls behalf at having to wait so long!!!!  So much unneeded stress!! 
  • Options
    @peony2418 I got confused. Which is pretty easy for me to do. LOL. I meant to ask @MrsBinPA if she got hers back ? ;)
  • Options
    @jadkins17 NOPE!  I am going to call the OB tomorrow to inquire.  It won't be 2 weeks for me until Monday,  but I highly doubt much gets done on weekends.  It will be much longer than the 5 business day turn around Sequenom's site promises even if my doc didn't ship into a couple of days later.
    ****TW****

• Options
    JRD3516 said:
    @jadkins17 I know you are freaking out at the fact the results are taking so long! Trust me, I totally know! I will say that they truly had a back up in the lab in California when my results were sent so I know some tests are taking way longer than expected. I know this bc basically I made my emetic counselor swear to me that they didn't just say that bc there was a problem and she said they really had a machine go down or something so a lot of people are having a delay. So hopefully they will let you know everything is perfectly fine in the next day or so! Mine took over 2 weeks and seeing a lot of them come back on here in 5 days made me so nervous! 

And as far as an update...this has been eye-opening, to say the least. They got all of my subsequent genetic test results back this afternoon and confirmed that my baby is ok and that I have a mosaic form of Turner Syndrome.  Other than going to another geneticist and having my heart checked out, I'm absolutely fine! If I were going to have any major issues, they would have shown up long before now. I won't turn down the extra monitoring and extra ultrasounds though. ;)
    I'm so glad that you and your baby are okay! I'm high risk due to a thyroid issue and the silver lining of this high risk status are the extra ultrasounds! I've been jokingly calling it the VIP treatment. 

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • Options
    @jadkins17 Great news!!  I called the OB just now and left a message on the nurses "results" line.  Hoping they get back to me either way ASAP.
    ****TW****

• Options
    @jadkins17 that's fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!  news worth waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    @peony2418 @mrsbinpa Thank you guys I am so excited. I really hope you the doctor calls you back soon @MrsBinPA !!
  • Options
    @MrsBinPA OMG I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!
  • Options
    omg congratulations @MrsBinPA!!!!!!  News worth waiting for!!!!
  • Options
    @MrsBinPA and @jadkins17 I'm so happy for both of you and your healthy babies!! I know how terrible the stress is waiting on the results and I'm glad you guys can rest a little easier this weekend! :)
  • Options
    @JRD3516 thank you, I am so beyond happy to know!!! <3
  • Options
    Is this the same thing as what my doctor calls the "quad screening blood test"? I'm a TTM and the first two kids I did this test and it was low risk and fine and this time I got a result for high risk of trisomy 18. I'm scared to death and have to go to a perinatologist for an in depth screening and talk to a genetic counselor. But I only have a 5 percent chance of actually having something wrong with the baby..but still!! ANYONE had anything like this?? 
  • Options
    C25 said:
    Is this the same thing as what my doctor calls the "quad screening blood test"? I'm a TTM and the first two kids I did this test and it was low risk and fine and this time I got a result for high risk of trisomy 18. I'm scared to death and have to go to a perinatologist for an in depth screening and talk to a genetic counselor. But I only have a 5 percent chance of actually having something wrong with the baby..but still!! ANYONE had anything like this?? 
    No, this isn't the same as the quad screen. The quad screen is bloodwork done during the second trimester that looks for trisomy 18, 21, and neural tube defects. The Materni21 is a NIPT blood test (non-invasive prenatal testing). It's a blood test that tests some of baby's DNA in your bloodstream and looks for different genetic disorders. Your genetic counselor may recommend one of these tests (Materni21, Harmony, Panorama, etc) at your appointment as it will give you a more definite result. 
    I was considered to be high risk for trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome) since my risk after the NT scan and the following bloodwork gave me a 1:71 odds. I did the Harmony test and the results came back 1:10,000, meaning the baby most certainly does not have Down Syndrome. It was hell waiting for the results and going through that whole thing. Just keep in mind that high risk does not mean that it's a diagnosis. There's a 95% chance that everything will be fine for you and baby. It's scary but hopefully your genetic counselor explains everything to you in a way that you understand. Ask all the questions! Sending positive vibes your way. I know it's easier said than done but try your best to focus on the 95%. 
  • Options
    @kiyamurph thank you! Hearing that your further testing came back with good news helps me worry less. I appreciate your input!!