February 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL Check In!! 9/12

This is a weekly thread for those of us who are pregnant after experiencing loss of any stage (chemical, miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal) to support one another. 

Please introduce your self if this is your first time participating

Good of luck to those of us with appointments this week!

1. Tell us about yourself (if your first participating)

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue?

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) 

5. When is your next appointment? 

6. Rants/raves/whatever 

7. Anything else on your mind? 

8. GTKY - what's the best gift anyone gave you?
Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PGAL Check In!! 9/12

• Options
    2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 16+5, 2/22, Team Pink!

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) Pretty good, some random cramping over the weekend, but probably just growing pains

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) Super anxious. 

5. When is your next appointment? Friday.  Hopefully I feel better anxiety-wise after that appointment.

6. Rants/raves/whatever DH and I finally moved into our first house!!  We're so excited!!

7. Anything else on your mind? Nope.

8. GTKY - what's the best gift anyone gave you? I'm pretty into my smart watch that DH gave my for the holidays.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    birdiejobirdiejo member
    edited September 2016

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 18 +1 Team finding out tomorrow, I hope! 

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) I'm feeling awful because I caught my husbands stomach bug. I'm trying not to move and basically sitting on my phone all day. Thankfully my husband had already taken a sick day because of how terrible he was feeling before. He is now helping with our toddler.

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) I'm super anxious for my anatomy scan tomorrow. I didn't opt for any prior testing so we're just hoping to see a healthy baby. I'm pretty sure I'm feeling kicks all this week so that's been exciting.

5. When is your next appointment? Tomorrow! 

6. Rants/raves/whatever Can't wait for tomorrow and am desperately hoping I recover before. 

7. Anything else on your mind? My mindset is still not "when I have the baby" but "if I have the baby". I felt so much more confident with my daughter.

8. GTKY - what's the best gift anyone gave you? My husband got me a Kitchen Aid mixer last year which was awesome because I love to bake! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    2. How far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 17+6, 14-Feb, Pink

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) nose bleeds again, restless sleep continues

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) a little more with the a/s tomorrow, but a little better with feeling movements

5. When is your next appointment? a/s tomorrow

6. Rants/raves/whatever If you haven't bought full panel jeans yet, you are seriously missing out! 

7. Anything else on your mind? nope

8. GTKY - My H gave me a DSLR camera for my birthday a few years ago and I love being able to get back into photography. 
    Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @Steelerfan78 GL tomorrow with your anatomy scan! I feel you on the nerves, hoping we both get great news!
  • Options
    Thanks @homemake! GL at yours as well. 
    Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    catiecatpcatiecatp member
    edited September 2016
    2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 17w6d, EDD Feb 14, team finding out when we can
    3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) - ok - some RLP and a bit of discharge that makes me think I'm bleeding, but I'm not...
     4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) - it is starting to creep up - hopefully we can finalize our choice of OB today (she's reviewing my charts to see if she can take me) and then we'll schedule an appointment and hopefully the anatomy scan. I need some reassurance other than my growing bump...
    5. When is your next appointment? To be determined :(
    6. Rants/raves/whatever - DH arrives tomorrow and I'm super excited - we've been apart 5 weeks and that is a first for us. Rave #2, the conditions are being lifted on an offer on our condo today - woot - things are falling into place :)
    8. GTKY - what's the best gift anyone gave you? This is hard, I've been the recipient of some very thoughtful gifts. One that is coming to mind is a ring DH gave me on our first anniversary (dating) - it is a small ring - that I happen to be wearing right now because my wedding band and engagement ring didn't fit today. I also cherish my mom's engagement ring from my dad - I got it after he passed away and on days when I miss him particularly bad I wear it as a reminder of their love for each other and for me.

EDIT - appointment set for Monday - meet the OB and have an A/S! woot!
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    2. How far along? EDD? Team pink/green/blue? 
    16&5 (for another hour), 2/22 (actually at my last appointment I found out they moved my EDD up 3 days. But that's ok. It's not enough for me to change it in my head only to be disappointed when I go late), and team finding out September 29th! 

3. Pregnancy symptoms: my belly feels so huge all the time that I never want to drink water or eat because I'm like uber full of baby. Also, the last few days I have had more aches & pains in my belly than I remember with my son. Which worries me a little bit. Like I rolled over in bed and had intense pain in my abdomen for just a tiny bit, then it was gone. The same thing happened when I blew my nose. Ouch! 

4. Anxiety: I'm finally starting to feel like I'm having this baby. We announced on Facebook, my belly is growing, I can feel the baby every day. I think it's going to happen. Although the doc told me since I'm feeling the baby now I need to feel it every 24 hours and if I don't feel it I need to call right away. That worried me. I'm over here like, "it's been 12 hours! Move baby, MOVE!" 

5. Next appointment: ultrasound Sept. 29th! Then see the OB the next week. 

6. Rants/raves/whatever: my son & I are visiting my grandparents in Idaho this week without my husband because he couldn't take off work. I miss him so much! 

7. Anything else? Today we were at Barnes & noble (while my grandparents finally upgraded to iPhones) and we bought my two year old 2 books about a new baby and 1 book about being a big brother. And on another topic, I realized that I can buy the awesome skeleton pregnancy maternity shirt for Halloween this year. Lol 

8. GTKY, best gift? The best gift I can think of for the moment is this wonderful maternity pillow my husband bought me on amazon and shipped to my grandparents house so I would be able to sleep this week. He's so sweet. I just have to figure out how I'm going to get it home...
  • Options

17wks 6d, due 2-15, team blue 

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) I have had some sharp pains when twisting or getting up to fast, RLP I guess? I've continued to have issues with constipation that makes me feel full and blah. 

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) Not great! My most recent loss was my twins at 20w1d. As I get closer to that same time frame I can't help but worry and feel sad. I was at the "if we have this baby" phase like @homemake described. But this far along, I know I'm having a baby, just whether or not the baby lives is the fear. :(

5. When is your next appointment? Weds for my 18 week check. I get my cervix and cerclage checked every 2 weeks by the mfm.

6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    I just want to be at least 24 weeks! Can't someone speed up time? :)

7. Anything else on your mind? I keep thinking of our member whose sister's baby was stillborn. Breaks my heart to think of how difficult that will be for her and her sister, as her baby lives and her sister's didn't. I know how hard it was and still is for me to see friends babies that were due when my twins should've been born. But those are friends I can avoid when I just don't feel up to it. I wish no one would know the pain and ongoing grieving of losing a baby! So so sad!

8. GTKY - what's the best gift anyone gave you? I love when my 3 year old makes something for mama at preschool! So sweet! <3

• Options

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 16W 2D 2/26/17 

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) Very Tired (I gave up caffeine since beginning) stuffy nose. 

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) Decent I can feel baby move occasionally and heartbeat is strong.

5. When is your next appointment? Next Monday September 19th 

6. Rants/raves/whatever I am upset with my Drs office still.. they messed up my Harmony test and want me to retest.. I just don't think I will do it I will probably just do the quad blood test at this point. They also told me NT scan could be done between 16-20 weeks so still upset when I know that is not true. Not really looking forward to this appointment. 

7. Anything else on your mind? Just told my father on Sunday.. He and I are not close but he seemed happy. I am not close to my mother either and have yet to tell her. Thank goodness for my In laws I know a lot of people dislike their In laws but mine are seriously the best and we told them at 8 weeks.

8. GTKY - what's the best gift anyone gave you?  My grandma (she's 81) made me and all the grandkids and great grandkids blankets a few years ago.. I love mine and my kids love theirs. :smile:
  • Options
    @Rainbow2017 sounds like you maybe need a new doctor?
    How did they mess up your Harmony test? I'd still make them repeat that since it's more accurate than the quad screen.
  • Options
    I can't believe I just now saw this!!

Since I haven't posted on this thread yet, I'm just gonna give a brief synopsis of my experience with loss. 
    *TW* I found out I was pregnant for the first time yesterday last year. A month later I had a little spotting so I went into the ER and the doctor said I was fine and my cervix was closed. That Monday I went into my OB office and they said my hcg had risen so I was fine. The next day I had the mc and was so devastated and taken by surprise. We actively ttc with no luck for another three months until we conceived again in late January of this year. Again, a month later I started experiencing all those familiar symptoms again and I lost the second baby. I stopped ttc and began bcps after that because I didn't feel mentally strong enough to deal with anothe loss. They ran loads of tests but nothing was wrong and they said I just had really bad luck. In April, I came off bcps and conceived again at the end of May. A month later in June I experienced the spotting again and was absolutely certain I was losing the third baby. Fortunately the spotting stopped and the doctors monitored me closely and we were able to see a heartbeat at the end of the 6 week mark. Ever since I have been very cautious, but this is the furthest along I've ever been and I'm so excited, I've finally started feeling comfortable buying baby things!

I am 16+1 today, my EDD has changed 3 times but I think it is February 28 as of right now. We are team pink!

I've felt like a dump truck this whole second trimester. I think I felt worse after 12 weeks than I did in the first tri. I've started feeling better since the end of 15 weeks. Less nausea, I can stay away through the entire day now. The only thing I've had lately is lots of stretching pain and cramping. And the sciatic nerve pain is just unbearable sometimes. 

In terms of worrying about every little ache and pain, I so do that. I've had a little anxiety but I'm working really hard to stay positive and optimistic. 

Tomorrow! (9/14)

6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    It's Apple season where I live and I've been stocking up on fresh apple cider from the local orchard. I can't get enough!

Not that I can think of!

This sounds so materialistic and cheesy. But it has to be my engagement ring/wedding band. The story behind it is so cute (at least to me) and DH surprised me with the ring of my dreams because he acted as though he couldn't afford it and I settled on a different one. But he remembered the exact first one I picked up and fell in love with and I think that's sweet. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    16W, 1D, Feb 28th, Team finding out in 2 weeks

Not bad. Nausea is pretty much gone now. But there's always some sort of ache or pain between my boobs and crotch. Dr. says that's normal...but it's always a little concerning.

I told people at work...and I was freaking out afterward that I'll just have to tell them bad news later. I also thought maybe I felt movements, and worry that I don't feel them all the time.

Oct 6th

6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    my fave maternity piece so far, Storq, had a warehouse sale today and I snagged several things for way cheap!

I don't know how I'll make it in between these month-apart appointments! I'm considering switching to another practice or birth center because I'm not crazy about the machine that is my doctor's office. I like her, but I need more than a 15 minute appointment.

When we were dating, my husband custom-made some Vans for me that I had seen Ellen wear on her show and was obsessed with.