October 2016 Moms

Symptoms Thread 9/12

124»

Re: Symptoms Thread 9/12

• So happy that the awful pressure I was feeling yesterday subsided a bit today. I was so uncomfy ALL day yesterday. Now I get the vag pain! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• I had RLP last night so bad I didn't think I'd ever manage to crawl out of bed to go pee. This morning I feel like I've pulled my groin, even though I know I haven't.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I'm having my first bought of early contractions, feels like someone is squeezing my stomach so bad! They come and go but WOW do they hurt. I don't know how I'm dealing with this for the next 5 weeks! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• I'm so hot and uncomfortable. I've spent the last two days staffing outdoor events in the low 90-degree heat. I've made sure to have a ton of water, and stand in front of the industrial-sized fans when I can, but I'm just dripping in sweat. I'm back in my cold office now, but I just want to go home. Especially because my allergies are driving me nuts this week. I can't stop sneezing, but Claritin makes me feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin.

Sigh...I need a nap. (and a shower).
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @kmolleltz I'm having the same issue! My stomach has been a wreck today!!
    DS born 2016
  • @kmolleltz I had the same problem a few weeks ago.  Not sure of the culprit, but no baby yet.  

This might not be the right place for this question, but here goes.  Is it normal to lose almost 2 cm of amniotic fluid in a week late in pregnancy?  Mine went from 13.5 to 11.7 in a week.  I haven't heard from my doctor since my BPP on Wednesday, so I'm assuming it's fine since it's still in the normal range.  I've also read it gradually decreases from 36 weeks until labor.  That just seems like a big jump in one week.
  • I feel like we are all feeling horrible. My vagina hurts. Like it feels like someone punched me super hard. And I am exhausted. I don't know if it's being anemic or just being pregnant or being on bedrest but I look like shit and feel like it too. Heartburn is making my heart hurt and this baby has been in my rib cage all day making breathing sooooo hard.
  • yikes @F47 ! Allergies on top of working out in the heat all day?  Are your poor ankles balloons?! I tip my hat to you, lady - I can barely stand in the heat, let alone work in it!!  Keep drinking that water - and get your butt in some A/C whenever you can!!
  • Hello sudden sweet tooth that MUST have cookies... 
    sudden?! I'm glad you're finally getting on my level. #icecreameveryday #noshame
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LGW2015 Girl, it only went away for about a week, mainly because I don't have room for anything but this baby anymore, but I NEED them today! So I'm making oatmeal chocolate chip, regular chocolate chip, and peanut butter. Yes, three different kinds in one go.
    Also, my idiot self somehow forgot that the cookie sheet I was trying to grab out the broiler drawer where I store them would be hot AF and I burned the shit out of my finger tips on my right hand ;( whaaaaaa.
  • I've been all about the sweets this whole pregnancy and have icecream or froyo pretty much every night @LGW2015
  • @LMNOBaby Yeah, it's been unpleasant for sure. Especially because I do PR for a bourbon brand and these events have been fun, bourbon-filled happenings. Except, not fun when you're 8 months pregnant. :|  

I'm a little swollen, but I've been lucky this pregnancy and haven't had a great deal of swelling overall.

I'm home now and just completely DRAINED. But, I promised my nephew I'd go to his baseball game at 6. Whyyyyyyy?!  :s
  • I am officially nesting but food style - I. Can't. Stop. Cooking/Baking.  But I'm not eating everything I'm making, and if it's sweet, hubby won't touch it, so after I've had my fill, I end up throwing it out - but I can't stop! I'm waiting for my husband to go play baseball and I'm going to make sour cream mozzarella cheese buisquits I found a recipe for, no idea if they're any good, but hell why not?!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @LauraPCOS I would focus that effort on prepping freezer meals for when LO arrives if I were you! And make doughs and batters for your baked goods that you can stash away and bake later :)
  • LauraPCOSLauraPCOS member
    edited September 2016
    @AllyTheKid my mom is making me freezer meals :D she's awesome.  It also sucks that I have a tiny freezer - I keep telling DH we need one of those chest freezers, even a mini one, and we can plug it in the garage (we don't have a basement) but he won't go for it, says it will cost too much in hydro.

ETA - I didn't end up making the biscuits, I chatted with my mom on the phone until the urge passed.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• All of a sudden tonight I broke out in this crazy rash across my belly. It itches SO BAD. I googled and it seems like it might be PUPPS? Anybody else dealing with it? 
  • @scostel2 is it bumpy? I've been itchy as hell on my lower belly and it's red but the doctor didn't say it was bad. Cocoa butter. 
  • I'm wondering if I have it too. It's more like some sort of raised welt than a rash though. I forgot to ask my dr about it last week. 
  • @mrszoess It's a combo of little bumps (like acne-ish) and big, flat hurty ones like those big mosquito bites. So weird! 
  • scostel2 said:
    @mrszoess It's a combo of little bumps (like acne-ish) and big, flat hurty ones like those big mosquito bites. So weird! 
    Uhh not to alarm you but you should get that checked ASAP. I had obstetric cholestasis my first baby and that's what mine was like, it stated on my belly and moved to my Arms, legs, hands and feet. Since they didn't catch it in time it damn near Had severe consequences. It's quite serious and goes from bad to really bad in only a short amount of time. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry to everyone else dealing with diarrhea as well.  :(  Last night mine escalated around midnight to diarrhea AND vomiting. There is nothing worse than the both ends situation. I don't think I ate anything bad so I have no idea if its a bug or what. The diarrhea has remained but (so far) I haven't vomited again.
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • @F47 I would definitely recommend trying rhinocort for allergies.  I used to use flonase, but rhinocort is the only category B nasal spray.  It works just as well as flonase, way better than claritin which didn't do anything for me.  I would've had a miserable summer without it!  You can buy it OTC.  It's a little pricey but one little bottle lasts a long time.
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• @Blonde1817 thanks for the recommendation! I was just sitting here lamenting my itchy, runny nose and watery eyes. 
  • scostel2 said:
    All of a sudden tonight I broke out in this crazy rash across my belly. It itches SO BAD. I googled and it seems like it might be PUPPS? Anybody else dealing with it? 
    I had PUPPS with my last pregnancy. Grandpa's old pine tar soap and ice packs were the only thing to bring me comfort!
  • scostel2 said:
    @mrszoess It's a combo of little bumps (like acne-ish) and big, flat hurty ones like those big mosquito bites. So weird! 
    Just read this after my last post... my bumps weren't acne ish they were like huge welts inside of my stretchmarks 
  • Thanks everyone! It's a bit better today but still itchy. I called my docs nurse line just as a precaution and they werent worried. On further analysis, I think the little bumps may just be some more weird preggo acne and that the big bite like things are what's actually causing the rash/itchiness. Ice packs have helped! 
  • The last couple of days, my nipples have been super sensitive. I only notice it in the shower when the water hits them and it hurts! Third baby and this is a new one. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Swelling has hit. My feet, ankles and fingers. Also I'm so exhausted. I slept for 11 hours last night and just took another 2 hour nap. It was awesome but I feel so unproductive! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @ibabyloveb87 I'm with you on the exhaustion, I just had a 2 hour nap myself. I'm so uncomfortable by the end of the day and when in bed that sleep is just so restless ugh
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 3 hours here...oops. And now it's bedtime, lol. 
  • I think with baby getting so big and kind of running out of room in there, I'm getting confused between being able to tell when it's baby moving around in there and pressing out or if it's BH. Anyone else have the same thing going on?  
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• @Blonde1817 Yep. I have to feel my stomach to see if it's him moving most of the time. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Yea @Blonde1817 I can't tell either if it's BH or just baby's head or something, it will be low down and slightly tight for a few seconds