May 2017 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Chatter & Questions - Week of 9.05

I had a question but saw no one had started this thread yet, sooooooo... I figured why not :)

This is more of a WWYD?: A friend of mine is selling her CD stash SUPER cheap on FB! I really want it, but I don't want to have to tell her I'm KU yet - especially when she didn't even know we were trying.  

Is there maybe a sneaky way I could buy these? Say they are for a 'friend'? Or does that sound too obvious lol?

Re: Pregnancy Chatter & Questions - Week of 9.05

• Options
    I feel so silly because I thought "how would buying compact discs give away the news?". It may be a real good deal but I do think it's pretty obvious.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    avas_dreamavas_dream member
    edited September 2016
    My first thought is people still have CD stashes?!  :-)

@hezzer78 I think you need to elaborate more on this CD stash? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hezzer78 I don't know, it's not unheard of to buy things like that before you're knocked up. You could just say you're really interested in cloth, and since you plan on starting a family one day, you'll take them off her hands. 

• Options
    n&a0630n&a0630 member
    edited September 2016
    I have bought baby things from friends & people I work with before online, sometimes while pregnant & sometimes while not pregnant. I told one girl they were for me for the future. I told the girl I work with they were for my brother's baby (he WAS expecting at the time, but I only gave 2 of the burp cloths to him - kept the rest for myself).  I say if you really love them, buy them, and tell your friend whatever you feel comfortable telling her. Or don't say anything and keep her guessing. ;-)
  • Options
    I bought a baby monitor for cheap on amazon black Friday deals a year before I conceived my first. I'd say I'm really interested in these for the future and would love to take them off your hands
  • Options
    mcvgal said:
    I feel so silly because I thought "how would buying compact discs give away the news?". It may be a real good deal but I do think it's pretty obvious.
    LOL me too. I'm a bump veteran (despite my newbie status -- couldn't locate my old account info) so I should have known better, but it's been a while for me! I really thought of compact discs first, too! haha
  • Options
    Yes, I also thought compact discs! I was so confused, I thought maybe they were songs that helped babies sleep. Haha, I'm already 9 months ahead to when the babies are here and won't sleep.
    Me: 33   DH: 42
    DD: 6
    DS: 2
  • Options
    Thanks guys - After consulting with some friends of mine who CD (cloth diapered - HA! :) ) in the past, it really wasn't that great of a deal so I'm just gonna pass on it.

But in other pregnancy related news, our first appointment is thurs 9/8! I'm super excited - but kind of nervous too.  Trying to put together a list of questions to ask the doctor...

• Options
    First appointment is exciting. Hopefully you get to see your little bean.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    @hezzer78 ours is sept 15! Good luck!
  • Options
    @hartmich That would be tempting!!

My first appt yesterday went pretty well - didn't see anything on us. They think it's just too early. (i'm 6 weeks based on LMP but 5 weeks based on o-date.) Took my hcg and it was 1352 - doc wants me back in on Monday to take it again and make sure it's going up.
  • Options
    @hezzer78 that seems like a great starting number, FX its higher on Monday! At least while you wait for that next appointment, it's the weekend and everyone knows time goes by faster on the weekends!

• Options
    @hartmich Thanks! I'm kind of nervous about it, but I read somewhere on the interwebz that you can't really see anything on US until the levels are 2000+ ... Idk if that's true or not, but it's giving me some reassurance :)
  • Options
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016