May 2017 Moms

Can we talk about this? DTD

Okay, obviously this is what got us into these predicaments so can we talk about this for a minute? First trimester sex. 
This is my third baby and I am just as scared to have sex with my husband as I was with my first child. I know it is safe but I can't help but to imagine my little embryo bouncing off the walls of my uterus thinking wtf mom...Anyone else? We have done it once and I cramped pretty bad afterwards. 

Re: Can we talk about this? DTD

• Yes...it's hard to enjoy it because I'm scared that it could cause something. I don't get cramping after though. I did in 3rd trimester with my first. Really bad. 
  • I think there is plenty scientific evidence that sex in the first trimester of pregnancy is safe. However if you are cramping, I would suggest talk to your OB. Just always a better option when in doubt. 

Personally, I have no sex drive at the moment but I do hope that does not last too long. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it weirded out my husband more than it did me the last time around. I did have some spotting after we would have sex, but OB said that was normal. 

I have the higher sex drive in our relationship, and I think DH sees pregnancy as kind of a 'break' for him from having to do it. *sigh*
  • I know they say it's ok, but it does worry me a little. Honestly I'd rather just not do it anytime soon since my sex drive has dropped to nothing. But we already have dtd since we found out and I'll keep doing it as long as I feel ok. But if DH doesn't bring it up, I'm sure not going to!
    Me: 33   DH: 42
    DD: 6
    DS: 2
  • I always try to remember to enjoy it now because I won't after 30ish weeks. By then i feel gross and hubby gets nervous about it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My libido is always high during first tri and then dies off as pregnancy progresses so there's plenty of DTD in our house early on. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Yiggle09Yiggle09 member
    edited September 2016
    I'm having some crazy sex dreams waking up feeling like I was humping something. ... soo I'm looking forward to some deeds in the near future. Like above after 30 ish weeks I was very uncomfortable during sex vaginally not cause I was big. So I'd like to get it while I'm feeling it. After ds I've enjoyed sex so much more hes only a year old, so it's strange first tri I'm horny as all heck 
  • We have done the deed a few times but after a bit I became sore and swollen from all the extra blood flow down there! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I feel too miserable and have no sex drive to think about it, and with all the variety of pain I'm in I can't imagine it ending well
  • You know...after 2 mcs and 2 cps and the fact that I'm turning 35 this year...I'm gonna just abstain for now. I'm sure it's fine but I am in mega cautious mode personally.
  • We did it once before I knew I was pregnant and it was fine. We did it a few days ago, and I noticed some light pink discharge, and DTD kind of stung a little. (Not terribly bad - just different.)  Since I'm over 35 and have other factors that make me high risk, we decided to wait until we talk to our doctor about doing it anymore right now. I have to have a cerclage placed at 10 - 12 weeks, and after that goes in, no sex for sure.
  • I am so not in the mood for DTD.......  My stomach area just feels off/odd.
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18