December 2016 Moms
Options

Why my pregnant self is crying- September!

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying- September!

• Options
    The quote from the new Harry Potter book:
    "In every shining moment of happiness is that drop of poison: the knowledge that pain will come again. Be honest to those you love, show your pain. To suffer is as human as to breathe."
    i was reading it in the waiting room at the doctors office and did my best to hold in the ugly crying. 
  • Options
    Amecsey said:
    I have been complaining about getting big and people commenting about my size, but now that I'm getting closer to the end, and today I cried that it is going to be over soon. I know, doesn't make sense at all. DH also doesn't want anymore after this, and it sounds so final that it makes me sad. I am going to try and convince him to wait a year until we are sure about no more.
    I can understand this. I started crying the other day because I remembered how exciting it was to see the baby for the first time in the first ultrasound, and I'll never have that experience again. I mean, if we have a second kid, I'll obviously see THAT one for the first time, but it won't be THE FIRST, you know?

And now I'm crying again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Lisa3379
    Yes, it is so special, and I am just trying to embrace every moment, and it is already moving way too fast! If this really is my last pregnancy, this is the last time I will feel them moving around in there :(
  • Options
    I have been upset bc DH has had to work overtime- until 7pm on weeknights and the weekends- for the last month and I have missed him so much. Last night, I cried when we went to bed and he rubbed my aching back to make me feel better. Then I continued crying cause I should be giving him massages for working so hard. Now I'm crying today bc he said he's going to tell his boss he can't work this weekend "for us", but is unsure how boss will react. It's been so hard lately and I just want to be my DH!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not allowed to watch YouTube now. DH was going through his morning routine watching political videos on YouTube, catching up, and an ad comes up and I start bawling! He's trying to skip it going "NOPE, NOPE!" No media is safe from my hormones....(and damned if I can remember what the ad was about now!)
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I was taken off pelvic rest....and DH has no "time" (read: interest) for sex. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited September 2016
    @sourlemon make him! Lol, DH was super good at avoiding it with me during our first pregnancy. And I pretty much cornered him and asked him if wanted me to turn into a raging b*tch.
    This time around is the opposite, our DDs are both in school now (aw yeah!!!!) and DH works from home. He cornered me the other day and was like 'no ones home, we can have daytime quickies now!'. I'm like 'yes, we can, if you want me only partially functional for the rest of the day! I gotta go to the dentist right now.' I think he thinks I just hang out, but I've got appointments for me, the kids, and am babysitting for 2 days straight (friend is having a baby). 
    It's going to be like he is hunting me when that stuff is done though... Now it's your turn for you to go hunt your DH. Just take advantage of him, lol. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @yellingbanana now I can just think of humping a limp one hahaha. I've never had to hunt him down....I wonder how he'd physically react. I think I'd super cry if it stayed limp. I have never thought of these logistics before haha.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @sourlemon AW HELL NAW. DH is rarely too tired, but when that happens, I let him "catch" me lovin' on myself...he changes his tune pretty damn quick!

Although I do like @yellingbanana 's suggestion---pounce on him muwahahaha! >:)
  • Options
    Ufff- I feel like I just stepped off an emotional roller coaster this morning... everything is fine, but now I'm emotionally exhausted.
    Last night going to bed, I noticed LO wasn't moving very much, even though that is usually one of her most active times. I was able to kind of dismiss it and figured she was just tired already sleeping. This morning when I woke up, another one of her active times, I didn't feel her move at all. I'm 27 weeks today, so a just shy of when they recommend doing kick counts, but I thought I'd try it out. I drank a glass of very clod water and laid down on my left side for an hour. She just lightly shifted a couple of times, but nothing like the strong kicks and jabs that I'm used to. After getting up and trying to get ready for work, I wasn't feeling her at all.
    (****Trigger warning ***** next part of the story mentions late term loss) Last week DH's cousin lost their baby at 28 weeks- so I've been pretty emotional about that already. And grateful for all of the reassuring kicks my LO has been giving me. All that to say, this morning the big decrease in activity level made me lose it. Like ugly cry sobbing. I was really scared. I called my midwives' office and the nurse said baby is probably fine, since I felt those shifts, but I could come in and they'd check her out. 
    DH met me at the office and they hooked me up for a non-stress test. They said I'm just on the cusp of them being able to use NST's, but baby looked fine. We monitored her for 20 minutes and her heart rate was good. We could hear her moving around- some of the time we could just hear it, but I couldn't feel it. They think she must have changed position and is now moving in a way that I can't feel as well. Thank goodness she is fine- and is giving her mommy good kicks now that I finally made it to work. What a day! Sorry for the novel... 
  • Options

I teared up in our Lamaze Class last night when we were watching the Stage of Labor video... mainly due to the pain the gals were in and how that is my biggest fear and just how wonderful the process is - so a little tears from both sides.

Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Options
    @KatieJo1205
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

I am a FTM and I have had moments where I have thought "Why did we decide to do this?" I'm not really sure what to think right now, I have the newborn care class next month which will hopefully ease some of my fears.

What did they go over in the birthing class? I wasn't really going to take one... but maybe I should... I don't know!
  • Options
    Amecsey said:

I am a FTM and I have had moments where I have thought "Why did we decide to do this?"
    Word.

I'm totally nervous about even watching a video that shows childbirth. That's actually my favorite part of this whole thing - I don't have to SEE what's going on. Feeling it will be enough. When I start thinking about what I actually have to go through, I push it out of my mind. It's like it's not even a reality that I will eventually have to face. I figure that millions and millions of women have gone through this, so I can too. I'll just try to remain as relaxed as I can for now - no sense in worrying about it and getting all worked up.
  • Options
    @Amecsey - It wasn't really the content of the class that made me freak out, it just made the fact that all this is going to happen much more real!  I have always had a really huge fear of the idea of child birth, to the point where it was actually a consideration when I was deciding if I wanted kids!  I also admit that my fear borders on the irrational.  I think that the classes would actually be helpful for a lot of people (myself included if I can just calm down enough to do what they say).  The ones we are taking offer a lot of info about positions to labor in, ideas on how your partner can help, and what amenities the hospital has that can make you more comfortable.  They went over all the signs and stages of labor and what to expect in each, the different pain management options available, and the different medical interventions that might be necessary.  
  • Options
    Seriously. I'm going to be a 3rd time mom and I'm still terrified. I wish there was an easy way to get the baby out. But either way, there is pain and recovery involved. Which is worth it when you get to hold your little one in yours arms. But it's still really hard! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    DH saw an exhibit on the journey of life, birth to death. They just got a new fetal portion of that exhibit and one shows a 3d image of a fetus at 27 weeks. DH told me he was staring at it and when a coworker asked if he was ok he simply said, That's what my child looks like right now. He told me this and I just burst into tears. Seeing it makes him feel a bit more connected. Also this morning he was talking to my belly trying to wake Squish up (which he succeeded in doing btw). That's the first time he's talked directly to my belly with my knowledge. 
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm irrational. H and I have always told each other when we're leaving work. Well yesterday he said he had to work late and would let me know when he was getting close. Late for him usually means 730-830. It got to 9:30 and hadn't heard anything from him so I asked him if he had been drinking at all. (He's 'worked late' before and drank and admitted he would have been home an hour earlier if he hadnt been drinking.. So I felt justified in asking.)

He got really mad and basically made me feel like shizz bc he makes so much more than me and blah blah blah. I know that. I understand sometimes he has to work late. It was just a simple- albeit probably stupid- question. 

Long story short, he never told me when he was leaving yesterday and didn't get home til after 11:30. And today he says he's working late but comes home on the phone with someone he called and didn't tell me he was headed home either. 

Why am I so butthurt??? I'm crying cause I feel it's disrespectful that he doesn't even care about something we usually do every single day. A text takes 5 seconds.  I'm just anxious and wanna know when ro expect you home safe. 

I'm such a big pregnant baby with too many emotions right now. I'm taking things way too personally.
  • Options
    I just finished the newest season of Orange is the New Black....so heavy and emotional. I'm sniffling and DH thinks I've lost it.
  • Options
    I just watched a documentary, American Commune, about the Farm. There were so many good intentions involved. And a lot of successes. Ultimately it didn't last for some obvious reasons and some aspects were disagreeable but many aspects were so very sweet. Made me teary. It's also where Ina May did her work which was pretty minor in the documentary but I didn't realize she hadn't gotten any formal midwife training. She was so undeniably and amazingly successful at delivering babies.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    @mrsg2390 - It's never Ok to put you down because you make less money than your husband. He was probably being defensive and saying things in the heat of the moment, but still. I'm hoping this fight resolved peacefully. Give us an update!

@sourlemon - Eek! You are an amazing mama and worker for pushing through that crazy circumstance. I am sorry you had to go to work so sleep deprived, sick and pregnant. How are you feeling now? 
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • Options
    This probably belongs in the Rude Stuff People Say thread, but...

Earlier today my husband and I were talking about my friend who is 35 weeks pregnant with a transverse baby. I am also currently almost 30 weeks with a mostly butt down baby. And husband says that he read somewhere, that as a species we have evolved through C-Section. I ask if he means that being transverse/breech is natures way of eliminating weak mothers and babies because they couldn't survive without C-Section and he said, "Hm, I don't know". I told him maybe it was good that we evolved past the Holocaust, because those people who were prone to getting exterminated were also weak, right? He looked up whatever thing he was reading and said that he meant to comment that C-Section is natures way of evolving past the increase of birth weight due to obese mothers, because more doctors are inducing babies instead of letting them get too big.

We agreed that he would shut his mouth when it comes to pregnancy for a while. He has admitted that he doesn't use his  normal filter around me which has led to many ignorant comments this pregnancy.
    <3         <3 
  • Options
    @mrsg2390 - uh... that's not being a baby... your reactions are totally reasonable. Your husband throwing the money in your face when you asked him if he was drinking is standard deflection. Maybe you didn't ask him in the best way or whatever but if he wasn't doing something off (drinking when he should have been coming home or at least communicating with you) then he would have probably been angry but instead spoke about how hard he's working or something. Using money as a power play in the conversation is really disrespectful. You guys are a team.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Options
    @MBS2016 Thank you! We did make up this morning thankfully. Right or wrong, I can 100% admit that my hormones are making me super sensitive right now. I'm a mess! Haha.

On the topic of you and your H, I agree how sometimes people can be completely ignorant and his c section comment could have been worded differently to say the least! Your baby's positioning right now has nothing to do with weight! He wasn't even making sense really.

There's still good time for your little one to reposition, and it's not the end of the world if baby decides not to. 

Sending hugs! Pregnancy is emotionally tolling sometimes. 
  • Options
    @slartybartfast Thank you!! It's nice to know its not completely me just being a big baby about things all the time. 

Many things, yes. But not all the time! 
  • Options
    @MBS2016 Lol your DH might have a point... if obesity was the only reason people have C sections. I'm having mine for baby's potential medical issues. Lol obviously I know you know that, just had to make the comment. There's so much that men don't understand about pregnancy, even when their wives are pregnant. It's kind of funny. :)
  • Options
    @MBS2016 - oof. That's a rough line of conversation and just not the right time for it. I do wonder about the evolutionary effects of increasing our birth rate so successfully. And also just being advanced in civilization. But I wonder this because - I'm hearty stock. Healthy, strong, I don't get sick easily... but I would have probably not survived the HG of my first pregnancy without all the modern comforts and medicine available to me. I was searching for biological sense behind MS and HG and my labor difficulty and couldn't find it. I'd be knocked out. That's why I decided human pregnancy and childbirth is just not something to try to make sense of so much of the time. It's that sort of reasoning that I use to put people in their place when they would try to say "oh MS was more just my body telling me what I needed and I what I needed to avoid" or people that will fall on a sword swearing every mother should aim for natural childbirth. I'm just like... okay... my body told me for months not to eat or drink a thing and made me incredibly sick... because that's what my pregnancy needed? I'd be dead. If there's biological sense behind it, nature is screaming at me not to reproduce. Talk about a blow to the ego!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Options
    Was stressing about all the readings and the assignment I have to get done this weekend and asked DH what time we were going to an event he has been looking forward to Saturday, and his answer was "whenever. We don't have to go if you don't want to"
    omg I'm not saying I don't want to go, I was just trying to budget my time.. So cue crying with dinner hanging out of my mouth and sobbing "just tell me what time we are going!"

hormones are weird.
  • Options
    @MBS2016 and @slartybartfast the U.S. has some of the highest mother/infant mortality rates in the developed world - and also some of the highest cesarean rates.  The three issues may not be directly linked, but I doubt those facts bode well for technological intervention as a boon to the birthrate.  At any rate, we won't find out for thousands of years, since evolution generally takes much more time than we've been using the current technology.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Shima42 said:
    @MBS2016 and @slartybartfast the U.S. has some of the highest mother/infant mortality rates in the developed world - and also some of the highest cesarean rates.  The three issues may not be directly linked, but I doubt those facts bode well for technological intervention as a boon to the birthrate.  At any rate, we won't find out for thousands of years, since evolution generally takes much more time than we've been using the current technology.

the comparison of US infant mortality rates to other developed nations today is a different issue. pre-modern medicine infant and maternal mortality rates were a couple orders of magnitude (100s of times) higher than today.

ETA - https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm4838a2.htm
    graphs at the bottom for quick visuals.
    also, sorry to hijack the thread.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Options
    @slartybartfast sure, and that article states that a lot of it is nutrition, hygiene, and other kinds of medicine - not birth interventions all by themselves.  In fact, some of the best birth outcomes are from countries that routinely use midwives rather than OBs.  Medications and health maintenance throughout pregnancy are a lot different than cesarean, which is what I thought we were talking about :-)  When I was a kid, I read a lot of sci-fi, and I imagined women evolving to have their abdomens open like flowers to give birth, with only minor incisions needed to open the skin - so I've been thinking about this for a long time.  My conclusion is similar to yours - that we still know too little about birth to know how it is evolving.

• Options
    @BabyRobbinsAdventure - I hope your reading and assignments go smoothly this weekend. I am inspired by all of the other future mamas who are in school. I was FT grad student over the summer and am a PT student this year. It definitely involves some crazy multitasking :)
    <3         <3 
  • Options
    The jerk at the Department of Education made me cry today, to the point that I'm still crying and it was an hour ago.

went to renew my teaching license, but there was something wrong with my transcript. Hormonal me cries over the small crisis due to the unexpected error that has (what felt like) turned my day upside down. I get it, I look terrible. Just tell me what to do to fix it.

So I step out in the hall to get on my phone and order a new transcript. Takes me about 10 minutes to navigate the site in my elevated panic state. The whole 10 minutes the a-hole woman is talking complete crap about me saying all of the things I /should/ have done to avoid this and laughing about me crying and repeated how she doesn't feel sorry for me as she is shuffling through and commenting on all of my paperwork.

So at 5:00 I finally order the transcript, they are closing so the two people walk into the hall and lock the door. Woman completely avoids eye contact and hurries out the door. I inform the man that I sent in my transcript request and it should be there Monday, he tells me the next steps and walks towards door to leave. I build up the nerve to stop him and tell him it's rude to make fun of people especially when they are pregnant, hormonal, and can't help some of the crazy emotions that show. Cue bawling again...
    I think he was mortified to say the least, but the woman still made me feel like crap. Now I'm sulking around the house with the occasional water works flash back...
  • Options
    So sorry that person was so mean to you @BabyRobbinsAdventure If it makes you feel better I once submitted a transcript without knowing that I had not technically graduated from college! 
    <3         <3 
  • Options
    maamawaabangimaamawaabangi member
    edited September 2016
    Today we worked up at our house (build) sweeping water from days of rain off our partially exposed floor (because we had a hold up on our central beam... Any how, I took it easy and really hadn't been doing much work. We went to dinner and then to get ice cream. When we were sitting in the car in the drive through I felt like the baby moved or shifted and was literally going to break out of my cervix! It was intensely painful that I immediately got out of the car (in the drive through). My husband said (slightly joking) "what's the matter, gonna have the baby?" He got it that this wasn't a joking matter. It was crazy. It was so painful and not letting up at all and then I started to get scared and of course cry as I walked around the drive thru! I'm pretty sure every on looker thought I was going to have a baby in the drive thru. I walked around for probably 10 minutes and finally managed to get back in the car, but I was having to imploy my relaxation and breath through the pain... All the way home. The pain was even going down my legs. We got home and I did some yoga poses to try to move baby farther up out of my pelvis and I took a bath... For now I'm ok, but on self (or husband) imposed rest. That's a new one for me... Never had that happen (or to that extreme before)!!! 

Due December 27th with baby #7