September 2016 Moms

NBR but could use some healing thoughts

Sunday night I was making the kids lunches and went to give the dogs a piece of salami since I had it out. Snickers didn't even hesitate but Tobi just sniffed it and walked away. Cue my anxiety. Tobi does NOT turn down food. So I tell DH he needs to call in the morning to make a vet appointment.  

So DH takes Tobi in for his appointment yesterday. He called me when Tobi's bloodwork came back and the vet came in to the room so I could hear everything the vet had to say (if it's left up to him to relay what anyone says, there's always a fight because he didn't ask the right questions, trust me).
Outwardly, hes fine she says. But, to start with, he has some sort of infection. His blood work also indicates he has kidney disease, liver disease and, very likely, cancer. 

I know what's done is done but I wish we had noticed something was wrong earlier. Maybe we could have at least caught the infection, kidney or liver issues. At this point though, we're trying to treat the infection to see if he'll at least start to eat and drink. He got IV fluids last night plus an anti-nausia medication. We tried to give him the antibiotic at home and couldn't get him to eat or drink anything in order to take it. DH took him back today for more fluids and to get the antibiotics via IV as well.

The vet just called a bit ago for DH to come pick Tobi up. The vet says he wouldn't eat or drink there either and just overall doesn't seem to be doing any better even with the fluids. She told DH to give Tobi a day or 2 and, if nothing changes, we need to make some decisions. 

The likelihood that we'll have to let Tobi go is very high right now. But I'm really trying to hold out hope while giving him a bunch of extra snuggles. DH is distraught. TBH, I'm still in denial. Any good thoughts sent would be greatly appreciated. Tobi was our first fur baby and he's a very loved part of our family. 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: NBR but could use some healing thoughts

• @UnwritteN12 I'm so sorry to hear about your pup :( It's so tough seeing a pet go through an illness, and sometimes they aren't able to tell us when they're feel ill. I know it's hard, but try not to blame yourselves for not noticing earlier, sometimes pets can function fine until they just don't, and perhaps the infection is what triggered some heavier symptoms. I hope and pray that he gets better with treatment. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry to hear about this!! Hearing a pet is ill with no ability to help is the worst. I hope he can find the strength to fight this. ❤️❤️
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry that you are going through this! I hope Tobi gets better with treatment and is able to spend a little more time being your snuggle bug. 
  • @UnwritteN12 sending healing vibes for Tobi. It is so tough to watch a pet suffer. Hopefully this is all just a result of the infection and he will bounce back.
  • Oh no @UnwritteN12 I'm so sorry to hear about Tobi! Making these decisions about pets is so difficult, and especially at such a fragile time for all of you. Sending healing thoughts his way, but if he isn't going to get better, please don't blame yourself for anything! I'm sure he knows just how much his humans love him, and sometimes there's just nothing we can do to see these things in advance. I'm sorry :( 
  • So sorry! Pets are family and I am hoping for a positive outcome for tobi. 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • I'm so sorry to hear about Tobi. It is so hard to watch anyone (fur family included) hurt. You have done well noticing and reacting to his turned down snack so promptly. Sending all my healing vibes. Please keep us posted. 
    Natural M/C 03.26.2012 at 10w2d
    Charlotte born at 28w3d due to severe IUGR on 12.24.2012 Merry Christmas!
    Missed M/C discovered 12.22.2014 at 8w1d measuring 6w3d
    2015 was a year to test strength of both body and character, but it led us to this... BFP 01.26.2016 EDD 9.30.2016
  • I'm so sorry. It's heartbreaking when a beloved pet is sick. Sending healing vibes to him. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Aw I'm so sorry to hear about your pup! Pets really do have a special place in our hearts and homes. Hoping for an optimistic outlook on his recovery. 
  • So very sorry to hear this awful news. Sending big hugs to yall. 
  • RG1RG1 member
    So sorry to hear this. Thinking of you and your family and fur baby
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm SO sorry. :( breaks my heart. Miracles still happen. I'll be thinking of you all. 
  • I am really sorry to hear about your Tobi. Pets have always been a part of the family in my life as well. I hope he perks up for you guys. 
  • So sorry to hear this. It is so heartbreaking when pets are ill. Will be thinking of you and your family <3
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• I'm so sorry :(
    sending all my good vibes and thoughts your way tonight. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy. I hope that he gets better soon. Sending all my healing vibes and thoughts for Tobi and your family. 
    Me - 33  DH - 36
    DD 10/4/02
    DS due 9/28/16

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I can't even imagine what you are going through. Sending all positive thoughts your way. I hope and pray that Tobi gets better. 
  • Hoping that you'll have lots more time with your Tobi. My heart goes out to you. 
  • Oh, I'm so sorry your fur baby is in a tough place. Big hugs your way. 
  • I am so sorry! I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way. I hope Tobi starts feeling better.  Hugs.  
  • So sorry to hear about Tobi! Keeping you and your family (human and furry) in my mind
  • @UnwritteN12 so sorry you're going through this (especially post partum). Sending positive thoughts and prayers that Tobi gets better <3
  • So sorry to hear! Sending good vibes your way, pets are such a big part of the family!
  • So sorry for you guys and your pup! Will definitely be sending T&Ps!!! 
  • Thoughts and prayers yours and Tobi's way. I hope you are able to squeeze in all the extra snuggles, kisses, and whatever Tobi wants during this time. :( 
  • I'm so sorry to hear this. Keep giving that puppy love
  • I'm so sorry :( Pets are so difficult to read sometimes, you did something as soon as you noticed he wasn't himself. That's all you could do. Hoping for the best for sweet Tobi.
  • Sending healing thoughts and wishes! So sorry to hear about Tobi. Hope things can get better for him.
  • Many puppy kisses and hugs are being sent Tobi's way from over here. Here's hoping for some good news and he perks up over the next few days. 
  •  :'( I'm late seeing this post, but positive thoughts headed your way for Tobi!

Pregnancy Ticker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • I'm so sorry  :'( Our pets truly are a part of our family. Keep snuggling him and know that he loves the attention you are giving him. Sending you positive vibes and hoping for some better news.
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

• @UnwritteN12 I'm so sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family- it's so hard losing a pet :(!!!

(I love titted his adorableness- such a cute pup)
  • RG1RG1 member
    Crying for you because I know how hard that is. I am so so sorry you have to go through this. Thinking of your family 
  • So sorry you had to make that tough decision @UnwritteN12 it's not easy, but if it was the right decision then you did the best you could for him. Better than seeing him suffer. I loved tit just to show support and because of cuteness. *hugs* to you at this difficult time
  • @UnwritteN12 so sorry for your loss. You made the best decision you could so Tobi didn't have to suffer. My thoughts are with your family today
  • Sorry for your loss.  :(  making a decision like that is never easy. Rest in peace Tobi. 
  • ((((Hugs))))
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet (a beloved family member) really just sucks. *Hugs* for you and for your family. 
    Me - 33  DH - 36
    DD 10/4/02
    DS due 9/28/16

BabyFetus Ticker