Success after IF

Trying for #2 after successful IVF

Hi, I went through one round of IVF three years ago and ended up with a healthy baby girl who is now 2 years old. We want to try for a second baby now. We currently have 4 embryos frozen for use. We recently met with the Dr. who gave us a few different options so of course we're not sure yet and want to make the right decision. With our first baby we inplanted 2 healthy, 3 day embryos and froze the remaining 4. We got a positive pregnancy and ended up with
one embryo implanting out of the two we transferred. So now, here are our options.
1. Thaw 2/4 embryos and implant 2 as they are, 3 day embryos. 
2. Thaw all 4, grow them to day 5 embryos and implant 1 embryo and re-freeze the remaining 3 (if they grow/survive).

I guess the new standard now with each new Ivf cycle is growing to 5 days and then transferring but since we have 3 day embryos, it is up to us to decide what we would like to do. I guess implanting more than 1 can also cause over crowding of the uterus?? 
I know it may not seem like that big of a decision but I would like to hear what others have to say. Thank you very much. 

Re: Trying for #2 after successful IVF

• It's a hard decision for sure! We had no embryos make it to freeze our first round. So we transferred the two remaining embryos and one was our DD. This time we had to do a freeze-all then decide how many to thaw. We chose to just thaw one. If it hadn't been in great shape they would have thawed a second one. Good luck with your decision! I don't know that there are any easy decisions with IVF!
    MF (low motility) - Began stims for IVF#1 7/21/12
    ER 8/2/12 - 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature and ICSI'd, 6 fertilized. ET 8/7 - 2 embies. Beta#1 8/17: 143! Beta#2 8/20: 590! Beta#3 8/22: 1,162! 1st US 9/4: one beautiful little bean with the best sounding HB I've ever heard!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker