October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms Thread 8/29

1235»

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 8/29

• Options
    This week, every time I eat and then every time I'm hungry I get heartburn. What. The. Heck. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options

I have started getting heartburn as well and didn't have it at all earlier in the pregnancy.

I am curious if this baby has moved head down finally. I feel movements but not as strong as I did before and I feel more uncomfortable, anyone else?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ignoscemihi I have that too, and I'm not concerned about it being a sign of labor because my body doesn't know how to go into labor.  :) Honestly though, I think it's because I'm drinking so much water. I can't get enough even though it gives me heartburn and the runs. I have found that Zantac can sometimes help both issues though.
  • Options
    Thanks @ball4768.  My doctor said not to worry.  Everything else looks fine.  My contractions are short and mostly non-painful and pretty much the same as they were with my first (who was full term).  Baby was moving a ton during the NST and BPP.  I am just a little paranoid after my positive fFN test last week.  I'll try to remember that the test is only predictive of labor in 30% of cases.  I may give some Zantac a try.  Heartburn kept me from sleeping once my contractions abated last night and I really need to sleep.
  • Options
    I have felt abnormally attached to my H and our critters the last week or so. I'm always super attached to them, I just now almost achingly miss them throughout the day when I'm not with them - does that even make sense? My H goes to work an hour after me and it is so hard now to leave them every morning. All I can think about is wanting to the work day to be over so I can go home & love on everybody. I guess this is some kind of hormonal thing and a bit of "I know everything will change soon so I want to soak up every second now" kind of emotion.
  • Options
    Kaessi said:
    I have felt abnormally attached to my H and our critters the last week or so. I'm always super attached to them, I just now almost achingly miss them throughout the day when I'm not with them - does that even make sense? My H goes to work an hour after me and it is so hard now to leave them every morning. All I can think about is wanting to the work day to be over so I can go home & love on everybody. I guess this is some kind of hormonal thing and a bit of "I know everything will change soon so I want to soak up every second now" kind of emotion.
    Ohhhh this is so me right now. 
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid - poo cramps were confirmed last night to be contractions. Minor, but FYI for anyone else who may get them. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • Options
    @kaessi I'm feeling this way too. I insisted we find a pet friendly hotel (for the second weekend in a row) so that we can bring our dog out of town with us. I couldn't stand the thought of leaving her home alone right now. My in laws would have come over to let her out and feed her but I just can't handle it. 

@MorganL925 I think I'm having those this morning. 
  • Options
    @MorganL925 I wonder if that's what I was feeling last night....hmmmm 
  • Options

I have started getting heartburn as well and didn't have it at all earlier in the pregnancy.

I am curious if this baby has moved head down finally. I feel movements but not as strong as I did before and I feel more uncomfortable, anyone else?

Yup.  I know his head is way down (had a growth US) but most of his kicks now are minor, unless he gets me in a good spot where I actually say ow!  Definitely feel more uncomfortable walking and generally moving, like my uterus is being stretched to the limits.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Oooooh new symptom - shin splints!

I got a bad case when I was forced to run a lot in high school and I guess the extra weight is aggravating it. Ouch.
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    @books&icecream I'm really prone to them for whatever reason. One thing that helps me is to take a Dixie cup, fill it about 3/4 of the way with water and freeze. Then peel down the cup to expose the ice and rub down your shins with it. I do that holding the ice cup with a towel so the towel absorbs the melting ice. I usually do it after a run, when I know there will be issue later if I don't.
  • Options
    +1 for heartburn. I get it after I eat and when I lay down. Chewing gum and tums are my best friend. 

Also, my poor vag is so sore today. No recent intercourse or exams, just randomly sore. I'm sure it's probably from the weight of baby since he's dropping. DH keeps asking me if I'm dilating. I'm not sure how he expects me to check that myself. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @LauraPCOS that's because it is, unfortunately. I saw a terrifying statistic the other day on one of my apps that the uterus is now 1000x its size pre-pregnancy  :o
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like I'm having a contraction every time I stand up.  Maybe it's a subconscious reaction to the fact that we're about to have our first regular poster birth announcement and the fact that it's almost Labor Day weekend.
  • Options
    LGW2015 said:
    @LauraPCOS that's because it is, unfortunately. I saw a terrifying statistic the other day on one of my apps that the uterus is now 1000x its size pre-pregnancy  :o
    I don't know if I should be impressed the body can do that, or utterly terrified!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    LGW2015 said:
    To actually picture this
  • Options
    I feel like I'm having a contraction every time I stand up.  Maybe it's a subconscious reaction to the fact that we're about to have our first regular poster birth announcement and the fact that it's almost Labor Day weekend.
    Yes. I just started having this terrible pressure and cramping when I go to stand up. Kinda like poo cramps but in my vagina/cervix area. So painful!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LGW2015 said:
    Yes. I just started having this terrible pressure and cramping when I go to stand up. Kinda like poo cramps but in my vagina/cervix area. So painful!
    Yep, this. 
  • Options
    +1 Team Poo Cramps. Do they make any of your thighs hurt too? They kill mine, and my hips!
  • Options
    Yes @AllyTheKid - I've had some thigh pain! 
  • Options
    Does anyone get what feels like a Charlie horse but in their uterus if they move the wrong way?  Mine is mainly at night when I'm sleeping and try to roll over 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    LauraPCOS said:
    Does anyone get what feels like a Charlie horse but in their uterus if they move the wrong way?  Mine is mainly at night when I'm sleeping and try to roll over 
    Yea I think I know what you're talking about, sometimes when I roll over or try to get up I'll get what feels kind of like a cramp in the side of my belly. Goes away after a bit so I'm assuming it's just my muscle being strained or something 
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid Yes! I hurt from my hips to my knees when I am having them. It's all actually very similar to my menstrual symptoms.
  • Options
    @LauraPCOS I've had that right along and chalked it up to RLP.

• Options
    @SpaceBurger I've been experiencing them too!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    @sportiegrl1213 yea what the heck? It keeps freaking me out especially because DH is gone until tomorrow 
  • Options
    +1 for cramping  :(
  • Options
    Another cramp sufferer here! It freaks me out too @SpaceBurger
  • Options
    @spaceburger I'm chalking it up to growing pains. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    Team cramping right here. I have period -like cramps across my entire abdomen and what feels like stomach cramps just above my belly button and a bit deeper (maybe intestinal?). Also the achiness in my pelvis is increasing (different from RLP).
    I have so much to ask my doctor on Wednesday - the woman is SO going to regret leaving me to write down all my questions for an entire two weeks ;)
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    I'm always cramping. I for whatever reason thought I should try running up the stairs to the bedroom to grab something quick, well cramps and contractions non stop for 20 minutes after that. 
    Note to self- your huge belly is not going to allow you to run anywhere especially up stairs selfie. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml