February 2017 Moms

Symptoms Talk! 8/29/16

Re: Symptoms Talk! 8/29/16

• Walking and stretching, along with ice packs on your very low back/butt really help with sciatic pain. Then a low heating pad.  That does the trick for me...for an hour or so lol. My GP just gave me orders for physical therapy which she said will help the low back pain and sciatica.  I had sciatica before I was pregnant, so now that I'm almost 18 weeks it's almost unbearable sometimes. My doc said things may begin to settle a little more as pregnancy progresses. She's giving me hope that things aren't just going to get worse and worse. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one! Hang in there everyone! This too shall pass!
  • I've had several people mention to me lately how pale I look. I figured this would be normal given I'm tired and I have low blood pressure issues, but the more people that mention it the more I was curious if it was normal?
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. 17 weeks!. First pregnancy, twin girls

2. Heartburn started last night. I haven't slept since before I was pregnant. Lately it's because my lower abdomen and sides of my abdomen ache SO much. I had severe ovarian hyperstimulation in the beginning of my pregnancy and I wonder if it's my uterus pushing in my still huge ovaries. Or perhaps round ligament pain? I toss from side to side all night long. 

Any expierenced mamas have any advice to
    getting sleep?

3. Rants and raves: "are your twins natural?", "too bad it's not one of each". 
  • Sooooo @cricci05 are your twins natural??? 

Hehe. Just kidding! 
    And about sleep....my doctor told me to take Unisom for nausea but it does help me sleep at night.  You may want to ask your doctor about that.  Good luck!!

• Jab3 said:
    @BeckS13, I would say to your boss almost exactly what you just said on here. "I don't want to disappoint you or lead you to believe I'm incapable of doing my job now that I'm pregnant, but I do need to be realistic going forward in regards to physical limitations. I need to make sure I'm being safe as far as bending, lifting (whatever else.) The bigger I get, the more difficult it will inevitably become for me to continue to perform some of these tasks. Can we please create a plan for when this time comes and I feel as though it's getting to be too much for me? I actually feel as though that time is fast approaching, but have been apprehensive about discussing this with you so I would like to get a plan in place ASAP at this point." If she gives you a hard time in any way, I would discuss with your doctor and get a note or some type of documentation detailing what you can/can't physically do without risk of hurting yourself or being extremely uncomfortable. 
    That's actually really nicely worded. It's certainly more coherent than anything I would have been able to come up with at the moment. I have a couple more evening shifts this week so I am going to see how my body handles getting the bottom of the fryer out.  If I feel it's going to be too much for me in the coming weeks I'll likely go to my boss with exactly what you've said. Thank you very  much for your advice.
  • No problem, I'm glad I could help! I've had to deal with something very similar at one of my jobs in the past (when I was pregnant with my DD.) I understand it puts you in a tough spot. I hope everything works out for you!
  • 1. 17+2

2. This is the first time in a couple of weeks I've had anything to write about here. I just feel like there is a lot going on in my uterus. Very frequent little twitches, stretching pains/RLP, sometimes it just feels "heavy" when I bend over, etc. It's an adventure in there, and I've never been so conscious about one particular part of my body before. None of it ever hurts, just lots of little sensations. I'm also extremely irritable but who knows, that could be for life reasons.

3. According to Dr. Google, the most likely explanation for all the little twitches that I'm feeling is movement. They're at the front of my abdomen, they're always just in one place at a time (unlike gas or hunger pains), and they're always around where my uterus should be. They also increase when I'm eating or having a sweet drink, and I only feel them when I'm being very still. It seems way, way too early for the frequency that I'm having them, however. I'm a FTM and had an average build going into the pregnancy, not especially thin. Is anyone else around 17 weeks having this much movement already? I was temping so I'm pretty sure of my due date.
  • @Xstatic3333 I think 17 weeks is within a very reasonable realm of being a normal time to start feeling the baby.  Congrats!  I'd have to look it up to be certain, but I think I started feeling my first for the first time around the 17-20 week mark and with her my placenta was on the front of my uterus so there was an extra layer the feeling had to go through.  It was sometime after the 20 week mark before DH could feel the movements from the outside.

• @lfrank12 is it just your skin that is pale or are your lips pale too? In the past when DH has noticed my lips getting pale I've found it's been from being iron deficient. If you are iron deficient it can cause issues with oxygen supply in your blood. Maybe try adding an iron supplement or eating some iron rich foods and see if you get some color back might help. I'm not a doctor so maybe mention it to them first and make sure that is ok. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• My nausea this week has been terrible! I thought it was supposed to subside by now! I'm so miserable! 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks @marriedhamstermom! I haven't noticed my lips getting super pale, but it could still be that I am lacking iron. At my first appointment we discussed that my prenatals I was taking (gummy version) didn't have iron so I may need to use Flinstones vitamins instead. At the time my iron levels came back ok, but so much in pregnancy has changed since then that maybe I should start adding those into my vitamin rotation a few times a week. 
  • Thanks @Vastra. I'm getting dizzy a ton too, especially when I slack on getting lots of protein. I'm told it's normal, but it sure is scary.
  • @Xstatic3333 I haven't felt anything yet, but I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow, and at my appointment last week, the doctor asked if I've felt any movement yet, so it doesn't seem unreasonable to be feeling it at this point.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Something has shifted down there because there is a lot of pressure on my bladder today.  I keep having to pee but I only pee a little bit.  

• This morning I had weird sharp pains. They were very low, like as low in my uterus as possible, and very quick and sharp - like a stab. They were kind of frequent, like every couple of minutes but only lasted a couple of seconds. What the crap is that? I'm only 15w+3 sooo definitely not BH.... is this a normal thing? It didn't feel like regular stretchy pains, it felt like I was being stabbed...
  • @jlellis603 - I get sharp pin point pains down low or off to the side that almost pulse and then go away. It is like being poked with a pen or something. When I saw my Dr on Monday for a check up she said aches, pains, RLP is all normal as long as there is no bleeding. She said weeks 15-20 are the most painful. I just hit 15 weeks.

• jlellis603jlellis603 member
    edited September 2016
    @jlellis603 - I get sharp pin point pains down low or off to the side that almost pulse and then go away. It is like being poked with a pen or something. When I saw my Dr on Monday for a check up she said aches, pains, RLP is all normal as long as there is no bleeding. She said weeks 15-20 are the most painful. I just hit 15 weeks.

Phew thanks! I think....most painful...yay can't wait :|
  • @jlellis603 I've had some of those sharp pains and I agree they feel different than the RLP and more like stabbing. I think it's all normal and just due to things stretching and moving in there as I haven't had any trouble with cramps or bleeding. 

I had the worst RLP last night. I fell asleep on the couch again and DH came to wake me up and I startled and jumped up and it was so bad I couldn't stand straight or walk for a couple minutes and I was really scared but then it went away and nothing that bad since. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• 1. 15.5 weeks

2. Out of nowhere today I'm super nauseated at shaky.  I haven't had m/s at all.  I'm worried something is wrong.  Can it happen this far along?
  • @CornchipLA I had morning sickness during my 1st trimester but for whatever reason it got significantly worse during 2nd trimester.  My doctor wasn't too worried as long as I'm not dehydrated.  I recommend you check with your dog. Good luck!

• I just went from wiping tears from my eyes after reading @bdesterhouse news to busting out laughing so hard after reading what I just posted above.  My husband thinks I'm crazy.  But ya, I'm not even going to correct my mistake.  It's too hilarious, like I just have a picture in my mind of @CornchipLA consulting her dog for medical advice! Ha! I made myself laugh after crying.  

• Just wait until you guys start getting lightning crotch! 
  • Just wait until you guys start getting lightning crotch! 
    Oops this was meant to be in response to the RLP stuff
  • Just Googled "lightning crotch." Thanks for warning, @Gingersnap

• Holy bloody noses. My face looks like a crime scene. The first one happened in the shower and after standing there trying to stop it for several minutes I finally decided "f#ck it" and did shower things. Poor hubby stuck his head through the curtain to ask a question and I watched his face go white. The next two were at work, and this current one started all over my favorite blanket. F#ck. I've lost more blood today than I remember ever losing at once, and it's all from my face. 
  • @PerraSucia he has your sense of humor!
  • @PerraSucia At first whenever I was puking, DS and DD would run in, pat my back, then sit nearby so that I wouldn't be alone and it was so sweet.  Then DS started saying he had to throw up too and would crowd me for space.  After a few days it finally bit him in the booty.  On a particularly bad day it made him start gagging too.  I felt a little bad, but it kind of served him right.  He stays away altogether now.  

DD just got bored with it and would say "You're throwing up, I presume" and would go about her day.  

• @silvercamaro77 haha "well you've presumed correctly"  :|
  • @CornchipLA I had no MS and thought I was home free, but when I turned 16 weeks I all of a sudden started throwing up after breakfast. I wouldn't worry yourself too much about it.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wah, for the last 24 hours peeing has been so annoying. I can't seem to empty my bladder fully when I go. So I'll pee some and I can feel that there's more in there but I can't get it out. So then I have to go like 5 minutes later. Last night I went like 6 times in 10 minutes. I bought some Metamucil because I thought maybe being backed up on top of a growing uterus would cause some sort of urine blockage, but what do I know. I just want to pee like a regular lady again and get out of this without a UTI!
  • @jlellis603 have you ever tried standing up then sitting back down and trying again?  I had the same issue last pregnancy and it helped a lot.  Its like the movement helps it shift back down so that you can get it out.

• @jlellis603 have you ever tried standing up then sitting back down and trying again?  I had the same issue last pregnancy and it helped a lot.  Its like the movement helps it shift back down so that you can get it out.

That's like the only thing I haven't tried haha. I tried leaning forward, moving my legs around, leaning back. But it makes sense that standing then sitting might help since I leave the bathroom and immediately have to go again haha. Thanks!
  • @jlellis603 also try leaning forward at the end. Almost like you want to touch your toes. Relieves some pressure the uterus puts on the bladder and can help you get more out 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @lct2008 Thanks! I have tried that and it does help a little. Look like I'm going to be doing a 5 minute dance of lean forward, lean back, stand up, sit down every time I pee hooray haha. The worst is when you're at work and you go in to the bathroom with your friend and you're like "ugh hold on, I'm not pooping I swear"