March 2017 Moms
Options

Fibroid Mummies

Hi everyone, just wondering if there are any other mums out there who have/had fibroids during their pregnancies? How did they affect the pregnancy, if at all? Red degeneration? How do I keep from freaking out?! I have a 10.5cm fibroid above my uterus (so i have a one sided baby (fibroid) bump currently) and a 6.5cm one somewhere at the back of my uterus.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Fibroid Mummies

• Options
    At my 8w ultrasound, they told me I have a small uterine fibroid, which was making my uterus feel further along in pregnancy than I was... But I had never heard of this before and the doctor told me it won't affect my pregnancy at all. I, of course, turned to Google - which said the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had a 6 cm fibroid which was discovered during my saline ultrasound before my IVF cycle. It's now down to 4 cm. fibroids are funny, and you never really know what they are going to do once the pregnancy hormones start. Some shrink, some get bigger, some disappear. But plenty of women have them, and have had successful pregnancies.
    Me: 29 DH: 28
    Together since 2008, married Sept 2013
    ttc #1 since July 2014
    DX: unexplained infertility
    Sept, Oct, Nov Clomid 50 mg: BFN
    Feb 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    March 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    June 2016 IVF: BFP 6/28!!! beta #1: 358, beta #2: 1428, beta #3: 3742

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I too have one and was worried at first, but my doctors said that it shouldn't be an issue at all.  So Im not worrying about it at this point. 
  • Options
    Hi All! I've had a large fibroid removed a few years ago (about 9cm). Had my ultrasound today and found 2 smaller fibroids (3cms each). The doctor reassured me that it shouldn't be an issue but instead of measuring my belly, he'd do measurements via ultrasound every 6 weeks after week 20. 
  • Options
    I have had uterine fibroids during pregnancy but they were nbd. 
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017