Trouble TTC

New Girl - looking for support

Let me just say that I love this group. I've been reading the posts for a few weeks and it's, like, finally people who will understand me. My DH and I have been TTC since October (before our wedding in December, because I knew I had some issues). We are both 31. I was diagnosed as anovulatory about 3 years ago when I was TTC with a former partner. Diagnosed with PCOS in February. Currently taking Clomid 100 mg, Metformin 2x daily, and requiring progesterone to start AF. Have not had AF w/o progesterone or BCPs since I was 18. I don't really have a support system (apart from DH) as none of my friends have this sort of struggle. Some have struggled to conceive, but not the same way, so they all just tell me to do whatever worked for them and don't understand that it doesn't work for me. Anyway, I love you ladies and I'm both happy and sad to be here with you. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: New Girl - looking for support

• Welcome!   Sorry you find yourself in our company but it is a great group to be a part of.   I'm with you with the AF issues but hopefully you will get everything figured out and get your BFP! 

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• Welcome! We all have our own struggles and as much as our friends try to relate, many of them just can not understand the pain we are going through. I hope you find this place to be welcoming and supportive :)

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome!  I'm sorry that you need to be here, but this is a great place to get support *hugs*

TTC since 2011

• Welcome! I'm sorry about your struggles. I'm also sorry that you don't have a great support system. This board has been wonderful for that; I hope you find the support you need here.
  • Welcome- echoing the other ladies, I'm sorry you have to be here too. None of us want this and that's why it helps so much to have different support groups to talk about it. Many of us have gone through many cycles of ART and you'll have no trouble finding a huge range of experiences! My favorite thing about this group is how we really celebrate the small victories that others just can't understand! Things like "I finally got an appointment to talk to my RE!" Or "as soon as AF arrives I can start my FET!", or "my FSH was finally low!"  

Keep us posted on updates, both good and bad. We're here for each other! 
  • Thanks, everyone. You are all awesome. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Welcome! I'm sorry it's been such a bumpy road for you (although no AF sounds wonderful - aside from the TTC issue!). Sounds like you are on the right track with the meds though, so hopefully your stay here is short :) 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Welcome, I hope your stay with us is short and sweet. :)
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Welcome! How are you finding the metformin and clomid? I've taken those both too just never together. I wish you best of luck in your treatments :):) 
    Me-31- DH- 41 -Moved to New York* TTC since August 2011, unexplained IF & PCOS HSG - both tubes clear Saline Ultrasound- clear SA- Normal January 2013- Started metformin 1500mg attempting micro IVF 2/8/2013 2/8/2013 Cycle- ganirelix, menopur, gonal F 3/3/2013- ER- 7 Eggs 3/4/2013- All 7 fertilize 3/8- ET
    TTC Again since 8/16/2014- 3rd Clomid Cycle with IUI  starts 8/18
  • @Jaje09182010 I struggled with the Metformin at first until I got used to the dosage. I've been on the same dosage since May, so I've pretty well adjusted to it. Last cycle was my first Clomid cycle at 50mg and I had a tough time. A lot of hot flashes and cramping, etc. particularly the week after I finished taking it. This was especially annoying given that I never saw a positive OPK. My doc is upping it to 100mg this cycle and I'm a little scared about side effects. Have you had any trouble with either? Lots of luck to you too. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I had similar side effects on 100mg clomid for my first IUI... For #2 and #3 we switched to 50mg and they were gone. Hot flashes are the worst! Luckily it's super hot where I live so no one gives it a second thought when I'm fanning myself and covered in sweat.
  • @iloverocksalot So true. I live in Texas and it was summer, so running a fan in my office all day wasn't even weird. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Let me just say that I love this group. I've been reading the posts for a few weeks and it's, like, finally people who will understand me. My DH and I have been TTC since October (before our wedding in December, because I knew I had some issues). We are both 31. I was diagnosed as anovulatory about 3 years ago when I was TTC with a former partner. Diagnosed with PCOS in February. Currently taking Clomid 100 mg, Metformin 2x daily, and requiring progesterone to start AF. Have not had AF w/o progesterone or BCPs since I was 18. I don't really have a support system (apart from DH) as none of my friends have this sort of struggle. Some have struggled to conceive, but not the same way, so they all just tell me to do whatever worked for them and don't understand that it doesn't work for me. Anyway, I love you ladies and I'm both happy and sad to be here with you. 
    @bridge-and-wall

Welcome! I am sorry to hear about your troubles and hope that things turn around for you sooner rather than later. Please keep us updated :)
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Echoing what everyone else said, we're sorry you have a need to be here, but we're happy you found us! This is such a supportive group, and I hope you find it as helpful as I know I have. Keep us updated as things progress for you! 
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker