April 2016 Moms
Options

4 month sleep regression

2»

Re: 4 month sleep regression

• Options
    Has anyone tried a non-cry it out method and worked? 

My my baby is starting to wake up once every 1-2 hours at night and I'm at my wits end. 
  • Options
    @marwaaiad It's not really a sleep training method, but I bought a Merlin's Magic Sleep Suit. It's ridiculous/hilarious looking and $40, but LO has slept much better since I got it. He was waking up crying almost every hour, and now he's only waking up 2-3 times a night. I've also been giving him a little gripe water whenever he wakes up now along with his paci. We're getting 3-5 hour stretches of sleep instead of 1-2 hours. I ordered some nighttime gripe water that should be delivered today so I'm hoping that will help, too. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    g&tlewis said:
    @marwaaiad It's not really a sleep training method, but I bought a Merlin's Magic Sleep Suit. It's ridiculous/hilarious looking and $40, but LO has slept much better since I got it. He was waking up crying almost every hour, and now he's only waking up 2-3 times a night. I've also been giving him a little gripe water whenever he wakes up now along with his paci. We're getting 3-5 hour stretches of sleep instead of 1-2 hours. I ordered some nighttime gripe water that should be delivered today so I'm hoping that will help, too. Good luck!
    Thank you for the suggestions. I tried the gripe water yesterday and she slept for a good 4 hour stretch. I think I might get the nighttime one too to soothe her even more. 
  • Options
    @marwaaiad Glad the regular gripe water helped a little! We just tried the nighttime version for the first time last night (Sunday), too, because DH accidentally ordered regular.. Oops. LO slept a little over 8 hours straight with the nighttime stuff though! 
  • Options
    @marwaaiad @g&tlewis what is it about the gripe water that helps them sleep?

We did regular Gripe Water for a short time when LO was a few weeks old and I would have swore it kept her awake so we stopped.
  • Options
    @runningwild The nighttime gripe water has chamomile in it. My LO also seems to be pretty gassy so I can hear the gas breaking up in his little belly after I give him a dose. I usually only give him 2-3 ml even though he can have 5 ml at a time.