February 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend sunshine

Any fun or relaxing plans this weekend? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Weekend sunshine

• Options
    Going to a 3 year old's birthday party! Not relaxing but it should be a lot of fun. Plus: cake. 
  • Options
    Not really fun or relaxing, we're spending the weekend packing because we only have 2 open weekends before we move. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Going to watch my niece's soccer game this afternoon. They're playing for the gold medal, yayyy. 

Tomorrow we're going to my in laws for family brunch. My MIL is making a cake to celebrate ds's birthday which is on Monday. 

Downside is H and DS are both starting colds.
    :confounded:
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    I have a wedding to go to this evening. Like @ladyoriza said, CAKE!!!  :) I should probably finish my kids' school shopping tomorrow.
  • Options
    We are having DH parents over for dinner and our gender reveal, so that will be really exciting. No specific plans for tomorrow I don't think so that means naps and chores around the house! 
  • Options
    We are going to a gender reveal party this afternoon. I've never been to one so it will be interesting. 
  • Options
    Oh my god we are sleep training my kid to stay in his bed all night with a sleep trainer lady.  Six times last night he tried to get in my bed. Im so tired.  This is going to be the longest month of my pregnancy I bet. 
  • Options
    We went to see three of my family members compete in a Crossfit competition for about an hour and a half today. It was odd to be sitting on the sidelines eating pretzels while watching really fit people exercise. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @perrasucia were you co sleeping before that?

My SO's birthday was Thursday so we are going to have a date night tonight. 
  • Options
    I am going to a party for my niece who is going to university next week. The school is only about an hour away but it's downtown in a large city so it will be a change from where we live now.

I also have a lot of cleaning to do, again. Back to school time is almost here and I need everything in order. I am going back and my daughter is starting daycare for the first time. (Their preschool program)
  • Options
    krobkrob member
    H and I ran a 5K this morning and now I am completely exhausted. Looks like bed for rest of the day for me!

Picnic in the park after church tomorrow. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Options
    We have nothing scheduled and I couldn't be happier about it! I'm making chicken noodle soup from scratch right now bc we had a rotisserie chicken last night. DS and I went on a long poké walk and we may go to the pool tomorrow. Other than that, just getting organized for back to school!
  • Options
    Going to a park with DS to meet a friend and her DD. I'm looking forward to it, I need some mama time. 
  • Options
    @Gingersnap did you decide on a gift? 
  • Options
    @Gingersnap did you decide on a gift? 
    Yeah! They have a 2 year old so I ordered toddler books about mommy being pregnant and my new baby. 

• Options
    @GlitterDragon yeah. He's intense we even pillow share. 
  • Options
    @PerraSucia gah. Us too. Im seriously wondering how it'll work when new baby gets here. I might have to cave and buy a bassinet. 
  • Options
    @GlitterDragon this was my original thought, but dealing with him sleep deprived is some sort of level of hell for everyone. We are basically bribing him to stay in his bed and to stop using me as a lovey. 
  • Options
    @perrasucia gotcha. I'm worried if I try to sleep train him now we will deal with a fantastically terrible regression once new baby is here.  I Plan to try to immediately sleep train the new one. (High hopes, I know)
  • Options
    We had my sons bday party this afternoon, then my mom offered to take the kids for a sleepover. So we decided to go see the new Jason Bourne movie.
    Married 5/29/09
    DS 8/10/2010 8lbs 6oz
    DD 11/28/2012 8lbs 7oz
    It's a Girl! Due 2/5/2017
  • Options
    This doesn'at seem sunshine-y but I am so grateful for how it worked out. I woke up to a massive gush of blood yesterday. Rushed to the ER certain of the worst. Baby was fine. I have a subchorionic hemorrhage which will likely heal itself and isn't a big deal. But because I went in for an ultrasound we caught the fact I have placental cysts. These need closely monitored as they can restrict fetal growth. I wouldn't have known for another 4ish weeks if I hadn't have had the hemorrhage.  So because I had the SCH, I now am going to get the treatment and monitoring I need. Scary weekend but such a silver lining! I am so thankful for that GD sch. 
  • Options
    @Babymakes5!  Whoa I'm glad you're ok! That's scary but I'm glad you'll get the monitoring you need. Positive thoughts being sent you and your little ones way :)
  • Options
    Oh my goodness @Babymakes5! That is quite a scary roller coaster,  and I'm glad you and your LO are ok! 
  • Options
    @Babymakes5! Whoally shit I'm glad they caught that and eberythings okay 
  • Options
    @Babymakes5! Woa! Everything happens for a reason.  I'm so happy you're okay and you were able to catch this early! What is the treatment for placental cysts? 

• Options
    AfKash said:
    @Babymakes5! Woa! Everything happens for a reason.  I'm so happy you're okay and you were able to catch this early! What is the treatment for placental cysts? 
    It took a day to sink in, but I am so thankful that the hemorrhage is more than likely to heal fine, and acted as a warning. We are so lucky I had that reason to go in. Right now all I know is my midwives are reffering to an OB. I know one person who has had a placenta cyst and it happened to cause growth restriction from putting pressure on the umbilical cord and she ended up delivering very early, baby had over 2 months in nicu. But that's a bad case. What matters most is that they monitor it closely and we continue to make choices based on how the baby is growing vs if the cysts are growing. So this is best case scenario to find it so early and be able to keep close eye!
  • Options
    Wow. Omg. I had no idea that was even a thing....placental cysts. And that it can have such serious complications. So so so grateful and happy you caught it early! Your baby's got a guardian angel watching over it! I'm praying for you that you have a happy healthy baby that will arrive at a healthy time with no complications! 

• Options
    So I went to this gender reveal and the Mom did not hide her disappointment when she found out the sex. 
    It was awkward AS FUCK. 
    Oh ew. Thats uncomfortable.
  • Options
    Yesterday DD and I went to the fair with my mom, aunt (mom's sister), uncle and 2 cousins. DD is 15mo so there's only a few rides she's allowed on, but we went on them all multiple times! Carousel was her favorite. She also loved all the animals, she wanted to take home a sheep haha Needless to say, the fair was a hit!
  • Options
    So I went to this gender reveal and the Mom did not hide her disappointment when she found out the sex. 
    It was awkward AS FUCK. 
    That's nuts. I don't get having a gender reveal party if you have a strong preference. You're just setting yourself (and your guests) up for potential awkwardness. Not fun for everybody. If there's a 50% chance you're going to be really, really disappointed, do that crap in private. 
    But presents...
  • Options
    It was awkward AS FUCK. 
    That's nuts. I don't get having a gender reveal party if you have a strong preference. You're just setting yourself (and your guests) up for potential awkwardness. Not fun for everybody. If there's a 50% chance you're going to be really, really disappointed, do that crap in private. 
    But presents...
    I will say that I was presently surprised when they were like "oh, no you shouldn't have brought a gift! But how sweet!" 
    They really weren't expecting gifts at all. 
  • Options
    Going to my sister's house today to congratulate them on my niece's engagement! 
    Gawd, I feel so old!

• Options
    What a beautiful view! 
    @raptormomma

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    It was awkward AS FUCK. 
    ugh. this is why people hate gender reveals. its already awkward  af to have a party for your kid's genitals. I've never heard of one where it went well. I've even heard stories of people losing their shit and sending their guests home.
  • Options
    You guys I'm killing it thanks to drinking a pop. I feel 10000% better and was able to bake cookies with my kid and the neighbor girl and hand see her shirt my kid tore while they were attempting to kill each other. 
    But what kind of pop? I need a soda in my life that gives me superhuman June cleaver abilities..
  • Options
    You guys I'm killing it thanks to drinking a pop. I feel 10000% better and was able to bake cookies with my kid and the neighbor girl and hand see her shirt my kid tore while they were attempting to kill each other. 
    But what kind of pop? I need a soda in my life that gives me superhuman June cleaver abilities..
    Just a Coke. I've had a migraine and been puking all weekend and this totally helped !