September 2016 Moms

Re: FFFC - 8/26

• Loading the player...
  • A good friend of mine had her baby like 3 weeks ago and we still haven't visited yet. We probably could have made it work, but DH and I have had things going on in the evenings and weekends and just haven't made it a priority. She keeps asking us when we're going to stop by and I'm like, IDK, sometime within the next few weeks?! I don't know, I feel bad, but I'm just not that excited about her baby  :#  
  • I get irrationally upset when people tell me how I wouldn't/won't (or am not) feeling movement because of my anterior placenta. My belly is huge, HUGE, and I have been told by the doctor where the placenta is (low, on my side but about 1/4 to half of it on the front) and after being pregnant for so long I feel like I can draw an outline around it (where i don't feel movement). If I'm not feeling much movement, it's not because she hid her entire 7lb+ body behind it or because she's only moving her left elbow and I can't feel it. There's about 1/8 of the belly that never moves where the placenta is, that shouldn't dismiss lack of movement. And I'm not just talking about complaining about decreased movement, it's every nurse that dismisses me when they ask where the placenta is and say "oh, you probably can't feel her a lot because it's anterior". It's an irrational annoyance, hence the confession. 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I've been body-conscious jealous of a neighbor who is due two weeks behind me and also a STM. She's tall and lovely and her bump is still small and perky whereas I feel as big as a house. But now I feel guilty because her babe is measuring a little small so she might have to be induced at 36 weeks. Everyone's pregnancies and pregnant bodies are different, I know, and having baby #2 come early (her #1 also came at 36w) isn't ideal. But I'm still a little bummed about me inevitably comparing PP body bounce back. At least our squishes will be there to distract me! 
  • @Sbrown721 @rock1cherry I worry about this, too.  DH and I have a really solid, amazing relationship, but it's also been just us for 10 years! (Dating + marriage)  This article helped me feel a bit more comfortable with the changes that are coming.
    https://www.scarymommy.com/marriage-and-kids-stronger/
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • JennM205 said:
    Every night for the past week, I've gone to bed hoping to wake up in labor (that's how DD's birth started).  Every morning, I wake up disappointed and cranky.  It's torture.  And I'm well aware I'm doing it to myself!  And yet I continue...
    I'm totally with you on this. I'd love to go on my own before my induction date next week but chances are I know I probably won't. I've even gotten so irriational I've begun googling "how dilated were you when you went into labor" even though I know it really doesn't mean shit. I feel like the last 3 weeks of pregnancy makes you nuts. 
  • @Jabreen Love it! Thanks for sharing.
  • RG1RG1 member
    @megan324 LOL when I was like 20 or something, I was so obsessed with getting Justin Bieber to retweet me, that I had to delete my Twitter account because it was seriously ruining my life. 

@jennm205 This is currently my life, even though I'm only 37+4. I feel like a crazy person
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • My FFFC... So one of my friends had a baby about 6 weeks ago and I have been trying/successful at keeping my parenting advice to myself and letting them do their thing but I think I may of struck a nerve last weekend.  They had just changed his pee diaper about 30 minutes before I started holding him but I noticed his pants were a little squishy and soggy and I look to see that the wet line has turned blue.  I tell them that I am going to change his diaper when her husband is like "we generally let his diaper get more full before we change him."  I'm like well I am changing him and I did.  I didn't say anymore on the subject and we continued our visit in peace and harmony but I haven't heard from them since. 

Was I wrong? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • RG1 said:
    @megan324 LOL when I was like 20 or something, I was so obsessed with getting Justin Bieber to retweet me, that I had to delete my Twitter account because it was seriously ruining my life. 

@jennm205 This is currently my life, even though I'm only 37+4. I feel like a crazy person
    #twinning! 
    I probably tweeted at him like 10x a day for months hahaha!
    After it happened I gained like over a thousand followers within 24 hours.
    It was the day of my graduation party and I had his movie on repeat the entire day hahahahaha all my friends were so annoyed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • marajay6 said:
    The best relationship advice I will give to new mothers is to step back and let your husband figure out how to be a father. And it is okay if he does things differently than you do. There was nothing that irritated my husband more than when I would swoop in and show him how to take care of the baby.
    Still guilty of doing this at 20 months out and it still drives him crazy/hurts his feelings.  He does things way differently than I would, and that's ok!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know it's best for baby to stay in as long as possible but I'm so ready for him to come out. I've had a really easy pregnancy but the last two weeks have just become miserable. Between the back pain and the insomnia and the broken air conditioner at work, I'm just miserable. Made even worse by the fact that my husband is being wonderful and picking up extra hours at work and staying on top of most household chores. I'm so tired of feeling useless
  • RG1RG1 member
    edited August 2016
    @annas930 I think what's most important here is there was cake. You did nothing wrong

edit cause autocorrect made me sound dumb 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @CRich15 Since you're asking, I would find that a bit odd. Just because the line is blue doesn't necessarily mean baby needs to be changed immediately. Most can easily go 2 hours between changes. I would be a little annoyed mostly because of diaper costs.
  • marajay6 said:
    The best relationship advice I will give to new mothers is to step back and let your husband figure out how to be a father. And it is okay if he does things differently than you do. There was nothing that irritated my husband more than when I would swoop in and show him how to take care of the baby.
    @marajay6, This is some of the best advice I've gotten & I haven't even had the change to apply it yet. I am seriously considering writing this down in a place where I'll see it and be reminded of it. 

I know sometimes I can be a little micro-managey toward DH. There are lots of things he does the "wrong" way, and I'm pretty vocal about it. It's honestly something I've been trying to work on the past year, but I haven't even thought about how this might play out post-baby. I imagine I'll have 89% more things I'll want to micromanage, especially since I have so many years of experience with babies & children and he's hardly got any. 
  • @AnnaS930 - Perfectly acceptable response.  I would have worried if it had been the other way around.  ;)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• @KristinUM12 - I bought a box of 50 little snack bags a few weeks ago thinking a few of those would be great to throw into my hospital bag... I better go into labor soon, there are only a few bags left!!  Scary to think THAT'S a serving size.. means when I have a big bag I'm putting down 5 servings at a time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Jabreen - I was just going to mention that article! I, too, am a bit curious about how our relationship will change, but DH and I make an effort to actively work on our relationship and make it better. It's still a bit scary, but both of us are ready and super want to be parents, so bring it on!

@CRich15 - I'd be bothered. I mean, I personally wouldn't want to let my kid sit in a wet diaper, but you basically ignored their wishes and went ahead and did something to their child after they explicitly said "we don't do that." 

• Another FFFC  - I totally flaked on our all staff conference call and got lunch instead. Whoops!
  • @AnnaS930 I know! I never feel like those big bags are really enough and then I look at the serving size. Ugh. I hope you can hold off on the last of your snack baggies though!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @KristinUM12 - in the words of my very wise and supportive husband, "They're making more every day!" hahaha, I have a feeling we'll be back to Sams Club for another box before labor hits
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Re: wet diapers. Maybe this should be my FFFC, but I let those suckers fill pretty good before changing. The majority of the wetness is absorbed. I also don't change pee diapers during middle of the night feedings unless it's super full and might leak. Now, I don't let my kid sit in 5 pounds of piss, but I let the diaper get full before I change it. Diapers ain't cheap, yo. 
  • I guess I didn't look at it like that... now I feel terrible!  :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Re: wet diapers. It doesn't take much wetness at all to change the stripe from yellow to blue - if we had used that as an indicator we would have used so many more diapers! During the first several months DS was still breastfeeding and it was just routine to change during every feeding - feed on side 1, change diaper, feed on side 2. He feedings were about 3 hours apart for a very long time. Of course we would change sooner in the case of poop or just a large amount of wetness.

• marajay6 said:
    Re: wet diapers. It doesn't take much wetness at all to change the stripe from yellow to blue - if we had used that as an indicator we would have used so many more diapers! During the first several months DS was still breastfeeding and it was just routine to change during every feeding - feed on side 1, change diaper, feed on side 2. He feedings were about 3 hours apart for a very long time. Of course we would change sooner in the case of poop or just a large amount of wetness.
    Exactly this.. we changed Emmett before every feeding  - it helped make him more alert/awake for the feeding, and was a good timing for us (about every 3 hours). Obviously some feeds led to poos during/right after and we'd just change him again right away, no big deal. But y the time I could latch the diaper on, the strip was already blue, and his weiner peed every time we'd open the diaper.. that fresh air, so although I'd do a quick wipe he was probably a bit wet while putting diaper on, those strips turn at anything!

It only took maybe a month? could be way less but I don't think more.. before I realized that he could easily make it through the night with a wet diaper without being bothered, and was better to wake him less during the night.. so I stopped changing him during the night unless there was a poop (kid NEVER poops overnight).  Didn't bother or wake him at all and was a good method for us.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My FFFC is i often talk to my best friend while in the school zone waiting to pick up my 7 year old. I put it on speaker and throw it in my lap but I pretty much feel zero guilt about being on my phone.