November 2016 Moms

spectra s2 accessories

I'm looking at getting this pump and as I FTM I have no idea what I need to get in addition to what comes with it which is: 2-24mm and 2-28mm breast flanges, 2 wide neck milk collection bottles with locking rings and discs, 2 valves, 2 sets of tubing and 2 backflow protectors, and an AC Power Adapter. Also, where is the best place to get Spectra supplies? I'm guessing I need some sterilization supplies too maybe? And how do you know what size flanges? I wear a 36DD bra right now and haven't grown much yet in pregnancy
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: spectra s2 accessories

• That should be a good start. You won't know what you'll need extras of until you start. Flanges go by the size of your nipple, not your breast size. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • You'll probably want more collection bottles. I know with the PISA I wanted more of the small soft plastic pieces (valves?) that controlled the flow of milk. When those failed the whole pump wouldn't work, so spares were a necessity. But...I don't know what the corresponding piece is called for the Spectra, if it's similar.