October 2015 Moms

Baby rash ?!

Hello I just wanted to see if any of you have been going through this 
my baby has been getting red bumps on just get back and stomach ... Idk what it is she got them last week and took her to the pedi and said it might be allergies 
and today she got them again but worst 
im kind of worried 

Re: Baby rash ?!

• Any fever or runny nose/eyes or sneezing? We just went through this last week with LO and she had roseolla. Just a virus that had to run its course. I put baby eucerine eczema cream on her to help me feel better but eventually it went away. The "cold" started about 2l3 days before the rash showed up and the rash lasted about 5 days. 

I tried to upload a pic, i have the same exact picture!!but the app crashes everytime i try. She had it all over..her poor little bum and face arms legs back belly. 
  • KristynLee15KristynLee15 member
    edited August 2016
    Sorry about the little crack shot...i was showing my mom how far it went. Also i did freak out and take her to urgent care (it was a sunday) and they just said watch it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • She actually had a fever for like 3 days and took her to the hospital and they said it was a virus that was going on .. But the fever has stoped I'm not sure why she still gets those red bumps ?? 
  • I actually just called my pedi on call and asked about roseola and they said it might be that and that the rash will go away in 2-3 days ..

but but now that I remember before she got the fever she got the rash as well ...
  • I only notice lo had a fever because she was fussy and woke up in the middle of the night. If she didnt need rocking i wouldnt have known. She only got the fever at night. Is it possible your LO might have had a fever earlier than you noticed ? 

Either way, being a virus it needs to just run its course. But its so hard when these little babes arent feeling well :( 
  • lalenalalena member
    edited September 2016
    I'm not a dr but it looks like Roseola to me. I heard it's going around. Daughter had it once when she was about 1. It just runs it's course. I found the Eucerin Creme and the Aveeno oatmeal bach helps if it's itchy at all. And if I recall, it's highly contagious when they have the fever, but once they have the rash, they are no longer contagious.
    https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/roseola.html
  • My daughter had rosella as an infant and the rash took like two weeks to go away but she was mainly herself the whole time. Oatmeal bath was heavenly for her