April 2017 Moms
Options

* UO Thursday *

Who wants to share unpopular opinions today??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: * UO Thursday *

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @clickclackmoo are we still? it seems like things have smoothed over, with the exception of the march people coming around to make comments...
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    ...since I am a thread hogger today...this might be a FFC...I forgot today was Thursday...totally thought it was Wednesday....pregnancy brain is real!!!
  • Options
    So over in April they are claiming if I was just a nicer person I wouldn't have depression. Yep, they are laughing over a mental health issue I am struggling with. I literally can't. They claim we are jerks. So, my UO is that crying in your bed over people mocking your mental health is pretty weak. But, I can't help it. 
    Wait, in April? As in this board? Point me to where, por favor, because I am not cool with this. 
  • Options
    @leslieknope She mistyped.  It's the Weekly Randoms thread in March she's referring to.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • Options
    yeah, sorry I typoed that. I meant March. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    yeah, I had someone send me the link because she wanted me to see something else over there and then I saw that. I am definitely done going over there now. I am in shock at how horrible someone can be. I am a huge supporter of just being done with it. Ignore them over here!

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsstuessy Wow, that is just..... wow. I do not understand that behavior at all. Sorry they're doing that to you  :/
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mrsstuessy you know I've always got your back from the TTGP days. Stay here in April.  <3
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Options
    @mrsstuessy  That is not acceptable at all!!! why do they feel the need to keep bashing us?? Hugest hugs to you!!! You are not alone, I am going to go out on a limb and speak for us all in saying we support you and are on your side.  There is no excuse for Bullies like March. I am so sorry you have to deal with it.  I don't get it...
  • Options
    bwobwo member
    @mrsstuessy I'm so sorry that you had to read that.  Please do not believe a word of it for a second. Anyone who would say that has no idea what they're talking about, and frankly,  that is the straight up definition of being "mean." I find it amusing that the same group of people who are all sunshine and rainbows and the land of unlimited support for strangers can whip out the claws and attack someone who is clearly struggling.  They were so sure we were the "mean" board for trying to maintain a little order over here and promote a climate of support for one another (not just for self). True colors always shine through eventually.  
    Me & DH: 34 - Married 2011
    DS: 10-9-14
    MC: 9-4-16

• Options
    MrsBakes said:

This Pokémon craze is RIDICULOUS and should be banned.

YES!!!! Thank you for saying this!
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Options
    MrsBakes said:

YES!!!! Thank you for saying this!

• Options
    MrsBakes said:

*GASP* How dare you!

Just kidding. I get it, but I still love it.  I was a huge Pokemon nerd as a kid so I am irrationally excited about actually getting to "catch" them.
  • Options
    @mrsstuessy that is so wrong and I'm so sorry about the nonsense that was written about you. I have had my fair share of depression and anxiety for years and it's not a choice or something you just can get over. People who disregard mental health issues make me stabby. Please take care of yourself and ignore the morons who obviously are so awful they need to bring people down to feel good. 
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Rileypie said:
    @mrsstuessy that is so wrong and I'm so sorry about the nonsense that was written about you. I have had my fair share of depression and anxiety for years and it's not a choice or something you just can get over. People who disregard mental health issues make me stabby. Please take care of yourself and ignore the morons who obviously are so awful they need to bring people down to feel good. 
      Maybe we didn't read the same thing because I've never seen anyone in March OR April disregard mental health issues or disparage someone because they had those issues.

Edited because I posted in the wrong place & @Rileypie I apologize for my breach of board etiquette for board-jumping. I'm on mobile & the top stripe was showing "March 2017 Moms". I haven't been on much today so I thought I was responding to a thread in my own group (although it's plausible I may span both March/April).  Then my app crashed (and this is still showing up as March. Anyway, I apologize!