November 2016 Moms

Thank you notes

So, my shower is out of state and I have had a few people go ahead and send me gifts to my home so I don't have to carry them back. I am trying to stay on top of the thank you cards and I am not sure the proper etiquette for one. My dear friend went a little crazy and bought a ton of stuff off my registry. When I sent him a text, basically saying, wow! You didnt have to buy so much! And thank you for your thoughtfulness. He said some of it was from his mom too, but didn't say what things were. The shipping receipts don't clarify either. Now should I split it down the middle for the thank you cards, like 5 things from him and 5 from her? Or just send them each a thank you note thanking them for each item? If he still lived at home I would just send him and his mom one thank you note, but he lives a few hours away from her now so that wouldn't be proper and I hate to ask him what is from him and whats from her. I assume I thank each one for every item but I wanted to double check. Thanks!!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Thank you notes

• Yep, I agree with @rspalding001. That way you've got all your bases covered in case she bought 9 of the 10 things or just 1 of the 10 things, the card will be generic enough that it won't offend any one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the advice! I may just do that. I am going to try and make it personal enough to not seem like I am writing the same thing to everyone, but not go into too much detail for them. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I too would thank them both for everything. :)

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• Yea keep it vague. I hate it if I get a note listing all 6 things I bought or whatever. Just saying thank you for the wonderful gifts and thinking of us blah blah is great. 
  • hellopartyof5hellopartyof5 member
    edited August 2016
    i would maybe pick one or two of your favorite items and bring them up, but overall thanking them for their generous gift should be good :)

ETA: whoops I just realized this is like a week old lolol.  my bad!
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018