March 2017 Moms
Options

Does anyone plan on having your baby listen to music in the womb?

I have heard such great things about unborn baby listening to music! I just really can't wrap my head around spending $100 on bellybuds. Does anyone have ideas on how they can listen without your phone just resting on your belly?? 
I am really wanting to do this at work and I might look a little silly! :)

Thanks!!

Re: Does anyone plan on having your baby listen to music in the womb?

• Options
    Belly buds are around $50 from what I remember. I probably wouldn't do the cell phone but maybe bigger headphones. 
  • Options

I played music to my first when I was pregnant. I didn't use belly buds though. I just got some big headphones with good padding and put them on my tummy and it seemed to work, he was always active when I played music to him.

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't do any "belly" music per say, but DD loved music when she was in the womb, there were 2 songs that would make her start moving like crazy- Zac Brown "chicken fried" and Adele "someone like you" LOL She can sing zac brown word for word now LOL hahahaha
    **~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah they can hear pretty well. DS was startled any time our dog barked lol.

I'm not against it in any WAY shape or form  (I listenedd to a lot of music loud when preggers) but I one read about reasons not to buy the in utero baby specific music listening things were that you never really know why their sleep cycle is and music that close to the belly could disrupt their sleep. 

Again didn't impact or change my thoughts at all. Maybe just prevented me from spendimg the $ on something marketed just towards preggers mamas. I was just more curious if anyone heard of something similar?
  • Options
    I play the cello, so it's inevitable that my baby will hear me screeching away.  Once my belly is big enough, the cello will probably rest right on it.  
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i want to!

SaveSave
  • Options
    PattersRN said:
    I play the cello, so it's inevitable that my baby will hear me screeching away.  Once my belly is big enough, the cello will probably rest right on it.  
    What a lucky baby! I love the cello❤
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • Options
    Nope. I'll just blast music in my car on the way to work. Same diff, right?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Nope. I'll just blast music in my car on the way to work. Same diff, right?
    I think Lu speaks fluent hip hop because of all the radio she heard in the belly.
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • Options
    My phych professor said the basis for that " let your baby hear mozart to make them smarter" was based off his research of making rats listen to it and it was total crap.  Lol  but either way I'll just bump music in my car. 
  • Options
    My phych professor said the basis for that " let your baby hear mozart to make them smarter" was based off his research of making rats listen to it and it was total crap.  Lol  but either way I'll just bump music in my car. 
    This!! I'm pretty sure this next lo won't be quite have quite as versitile a ear since now every time I'm in the car it's with DS so no more blasting the genre of the current emotion!
  • Options
    Not planning on the headphones thing... I love listening to music in the room and car and can tell baby likes it, but singing is also the best! I picked one song that I sang to DD in the womb and still sing it to her before bed every night.  
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies! I really want to try all the classical music while the baby is busy growing away! It's got to be better than listening to me digest food! ha! :smile:
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies! I really want to try all the classical music while the baby is busy growing away! It's got to be better than listening to me digest food! ha! :smile:
    I think babies love your body's noises...your heart beat and digestive noises are his or her first lullaby. :) I've heard it's one of the reasons babies like shushing. But music is nice too, of course!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @vino831 haha, I know I have to listen to the same "girl" music over and over when DD is in the car but as soon as she gets to school I switch to some rock that may have cuss words...