November 2016 Moms

Re: WTF Wednesday - 8/24/16

• Options
    A couple weeks ago something came up in conversation with my mom about our registries and she's like you don't have very much stuff on there so I guess you'll get lots of surprises. I was like I think there's plenty of stuff on there what are you talking about.  FFW to this weekend and she asks if I bought the crib sheets/blankets I'd told her about - I said no, those are all on the Target registry so hopefully we will get some as a present. Then I'm like did you even look at the Target registry (which is the biggest one and has all the cute stuff) - she says Nope didn't ever look at it.  Well then how are you telling me there's not enough registry stuff when you haven't actually looked at them?! I guess she based it on Buy Buy Baby where we have more necessity stuff but not the cute stuff so fewer items.  smh
  • Options
    I had a WTF moment that is actually telling on myself...I asked my husband who already has 3 kids, this is my first. I have a billion questions. So I asked him that if he has the baby and I need a nap, is it okay that I use ear plugs so I can sleep. WELL he thought I said is it ok to use ear plugs all of the time. He's like, what kind of mother ARE you?! What if I don't hear her either for some reason? Haha...I was so upset, obviously I clarified what I originally said and was like WTF...do you really think I would do that? Jesus!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    WTF to my DH. Last night we were discussing the possibility of my not going back to work after DS is born. Mind you he had previously told me no problem I can quit my job whenever I like. Well last night he starts asking questions like, well what do you plan to do with them all day (the kids), what is your game plan, how will you be spending your days? I'm like huh? Seriously you need an agenda? Right now? I assumed it would work itself out naturally, I didn't think I needed to have an action plan for his approval. He obviously thinks the kids would get better developmental activities at school "day care", and that I will just be sitting them in front of a TV all day. He didn't say it outright but it was implied. Im getting the sense that he would prefer I went back to work so the kids could stay in day care. Sigh.....
  • Options
    The kids I am watching this summer got me sick, and now I am miserable. I just want some NyQuil. And now I'm scared of peeing everytime I sneeze. I hate being sick.