March 2017 Moms
Options

Getting full fast?

Anyone else getting full faster than pre-pregnancy life? I can now only eat half of what I used to in one sitting.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Getting full fast?

• Options
    I was literally just talking to DH about this! I got Taco Bell for lunch. I ate half a gordita and half an order of nachos. That's it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ladyoriza  I'm in the same boat. Only I used to down whole cheeseburgers easily, now I can only eat half.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes!!!! I think I'm starving so I get the amount of food I think I want, and then end up only being able to eat about 1/3 of it. My dad got married this past weekend with a BBQ and my entire family brought food, and I couldn't even try a little bit of everything.....I may have stocked up on leftovers, and have been working my way through them since Saturday. :D
  • Options
    Me! I've commented on something about this, I feel STUFFED most of the time. I eat half of what I usually do and I feel like I'm going to bust. 
  • Options
    Kind of. The nausea has mostly subsided but I feel like my appetite has gotten much smaller. I find that I have to eat smaller meals more frequently. 
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes. I'm definitely eating less but I think I'm eating *worse* which has led to a modest weight gain :(
  • Options
    Yep - it happened to me last time too. 
  • Options
    @hippiemama @onefootinthebayou @pandalily @Burrberrymum @catybug820 @ladyoriza @CBS7 Do any of you know why this actually happens? It's so weird!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    CBS7 said:
    Yes I have been having this problem too! I will feel super hungry/nauseous (these days they seem to be one in the same) and I'll sit down to eat only to find that I get full halfway through. I've been finding that if I eat my meals in parts I'm able to get everything in by the end of the day. My husband thinks I'm crazy because I have to take "breaks" while I'm eating but I will seriously feel like I can't possibly take another bite. 
    This is exactly what I have been doing too! Half now and half for when I'm "starving" again in an hour... Lol

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    CBS7 said:
    Yes I have been having this problem too! I will feel super hungry/nauseous (these days they seem to be one in the same) and I'll sit down to eat only to find that I get full halfway through. I've been finding that if I eat my meals in parts I'm able to get everything in by the end of the day. My husband thinks I'm crazy because I have to take "breaks" while I'm eating but I will seriously feel like I can't possibly take another bite. 
    Same!! I fill my plate because I feel like I'm starving, then can't eat most of it. Then an hour later I'm back in the kitchen digging for more food. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was just saying to a friend the other day that I had a tomato sandwich for dinner and I was painfully full for 3 hours after. I don't have much of an appetite still, so it is working out ok.
  • Options
    @nicklesb idk for sure but probably something to do with how my insides are slowly getting pushed aside due to the growing uterus. At least that's what I'm blaming all my problems are. 
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This happens to me at some meals, not all of them. I can eat about half - 3/4 of what I normally eat and be miserably full!! I haven't been nauseous at all and have lost about 3 pounds. Eating a full cheeseburger is nearly impossible for me at the moment.  
    Me: 24 DH: 27
    High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
    Married: 10/13/13
    Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's been going in and out for me. Sometimes I'm a bottomless hole. Sometimes I can only pick at my food and do so because I know I'll feel miserable if I don't eat.

I actually sat at the table for an hour trying to eat two tacos the other night and was really excited when I finished them. Normally I could down those things in three bites each.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options
    that's the main problem for me at night. I seem to eat 1st breakfast, 2nd breakfast and 3rd breakfast everyday

SaveSave
  • Options
    Yes!  It was like this with my other kids too.  I am starving and then only eat half of what I normally would and feel stuffed.  Then I'm hungry/nauseous again in a few hours.  I always seem to loose a few pounds in the first trimester because of this and the nausea.  It seemed to continue through most of the pregnancies for me.  I just eat small meals/snacks every couple of hours.
    BFP #1 7/1/2009 ~ EDD 3/9/2010 ~ Ella Adeline (7lbs 4 oz, 19.5 inches) 3/5/2010 csection (39w3d)
    BFP #2 7/13/2011 ~ EDD 3/16/2012 ~Aubree Olivia (9lbs 1oz, 21 inches) 3/15/2012 VBAC (39w6d)
    BFP #3 5/15/2014 ~ EDD 1/16/2015~Addison Isabelle (9lbs, 0oz, 21 inches) 1/25/2015 2VBAC (41w2d)
    BFP #4 7/20/2016 ~ EDD 3/25/2017 ~ Malachi Mathew (10lbs 0oz, 22 inches) 4/4/2017 emergency csection (41w3d)

• Options
    Last night I was starving and ordered an Italian sub from a pizza place. Normally I can eat the whole thing, but I ate half and then felt like I was going to hurl. The same thing happened when I was pregnant with my son, but only lasted for the first trimester. After that I could eat like normal. 
  • Options
    I have to also eat small meals...if I eat too much I feel absolutely miserable....this happened to me last Wednesday night...so I stick with smaller portions
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• Options
    I cooked dinner last night...pork chop, baked potato, and corn, and had 2 bites of the corn, and half the potato...I couldn't even eat the pork chop.  but then an hour later i had pound cake with blueberries.  I feel stuffed all the time.   DH is getting most of the leftovers because I want the food one night and then the next day I can't stand the smell of it.  
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    Yes to all of this. I feel stuffed all of the time so i have to eat these tiny meals all day and i just want to snack, which is not good because I need to eat real food too. Sometimes I feel so full (2 hours after I eat a small serving!!) that I can't even sleep!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yas. So glad you started this thread. Thought I was going insane when I got my appetite back and suddenly couldn't finish a meal. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad to see that I am not the only one feeling this way! I do not remember having this problem when I was pregnant with my son, in fact I couldn't stop eating! Now I feel I have to force myself to eat throughout the day due to not having an appetite and when I finally do I can only eat a little!
  • Options
    Yes! But I'm eating more frequently... So it's probably a good thing that I'm eating less. 
  • Options
    yes same here, but I'm also eating more frequently so that might be why

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    yes, I get so full and then get indigestion  30 minutes later I'm starving again and repeat the cycle all over..
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    YES! And it's annoying! Food = Love! 
  • Options
    Yes! It happens because to get all the nutrients our bodies slow digestion down so you can feel full faster. Last time with DS I "grazed" all day. Every hour or two I need to eat or my husband says I get cranky o:) . Seems this pregnancy is no different. I enjoy it though - makes the morning sickness a little more tolerable too. Instead of rejecting an entire meal I only reject half a meal. 

Me: 32 DH: 34
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• Options
    @marshmallowfarts I am clearly 12 because your username makes me laugh out loud every time I see it.   :D
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @marshmallowfarts I am clearly 12 because your username makes me laugh out loud every time I see it.   :D
    You're not alone! I do too!  ;)

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    I feel this all the time. So annoying!
    Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yep - it just started though. Now I vacillate between ravenous and half eaten plates. I don't know how to handle all this fun and adventure hahaha