November 2016 Moms
Options

Strollers/travel systems

What have you ladies been looking at in regards to traveling systems? I want something that is both easy to maneuver and easy to adjust with one hand (since I imagine I'll need that trait with a newborn).
The click connect systems look awesome, but all of them come with mixed reviews. 
Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. :) 
Me:23 DH:32
Married 5/14/13
TTC #1 since 5/14
TTC #1 w/ treatments since 5/15
BFN 7/15
BFP 8/15-MMC 9/15

BFP 10/15- Diagnosed BO 12/15
BFP 2/16-EDD 11/18/2016 

Re: Strollers/travel systems

• Options
    MollySmMollySm member
    edited August 2016
    We absolutely love our CitiMini stroller. It's small, easy to maneuver, you can fold it using one hand, it folds nice and flat, and it has a great sunshade.  When we had a second kid we got a CitiMini GT double, which is also awesome.  With the single we bought the bar that you add on to let a particular carseat click on - for us the Chicco Keyfit 30.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    We checked out several stores, and I absolutely love the ease of the uppababy vista system 
    didnt like the bugaboo cuz had to undo straps to convert and wasn't wild about the graco 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We bought a safety first travel system with our first (2011) and honestly hardly used that stroller outside of runs to the store. Couldn't use it for walks outside because the wheels weren't made for the concrete so we got a jeep stroller with tire wheels. We ended up with a click it stroller which we used much more for stores and such because it was easier. After our second we also got the citi mini double and love it. Ours has the tire wheels so we can use it in store and outside. This will be #4 for us so I feel like I'll be throwing his car seat in the back of the shopping cart because otherwise I can't see pushing a stroller and a cart or I'll wear him. So.. 
  • Options
    We bought the Graco Click Connect jogging stroller in 2013 and love it. We plan on using the same stroller again. Easy to assemble and use, a bit bulky but all joggers are. For #2 we just decided to get collapsable wagon that seats two instead of a double stroller since DD will be 3 when DS is born. Figure until he is bigger we can wear him while pushing DD in the stroller or she can walk/ride a bike.
  • Options
    Husband and I picked out the Graco Modes system. We closely compared the Chicco Bravo and the Graco for several weeks and a few times in person at the store. I was not a fan of the thought of spending $500 on a stroller alone. I knew I needed a stroller, but I'm not walking the baby everywhere. 

A few requirements: needed to have snack tray for baby, Graco had this and Chicco offers it as an add on. Needed storage space that easy to access for parents, the Graco can easily fit a purse and a diaper bag all while being easy to get to when the seat is reclined. The fabric had to be dark as I know how dirty looking they get. The straps on everything need to adjust easy. Also, while playing with the Chicco it took us a good 5 minutes to figure out how to fold the stroller, and I think that was the deal breaker. 
  • Options
    No idea what we will do, except I am sure it will be a graco to go with our car seat. I am a little frustrated that I already have 2 strollers that we wont be able to use because the infant seats do not fit in them. I appreciate family purchasing these used strollers, but sometimes I wish they would ask me before buying a discontinued stroller. 
  • Options
    We ended up doing the BOB Revolution with an infant adapter for Britax car seats. Will probably get a nicer umbrella stroller for later on too.

Original plan was Graco Click Connect to use with a snap n go and then use the BOB mostly for running and older baby but we decided we wanted the car seat to be able to go on the BOB too and the price of the adapter seemed silly when we already had the Britax one from purchasing the BOB. I hope I dont regret having a smaller/lighter stroller but really the BOB folds up super easy (honestly it is easier than the Graco snap n go we were going to use) so I think it will be ok 
  • Options
    No idea what we will do, except I am sure it will be a graco to go with our car seat. I am a little frustrated that I already have 2 strollers that we wont be able to use because the infant seats do not fit in them. I appreciate family purchasing these used strollers, but sometimes I wish they would ask me before buying a discontinued stroller. 

STUCK:

That would be such a waste of money to buy a stroller for someone without knowing what brand of car seat they're going to use!
  • Options
    We bought the Nuna Pippa carseat and plan on buying either the Nuna Tavo or Mixx stroller. 
  • Options
    We got a Britax B Safe/B Agile travel system for our first in 2013 and loved it! Very comfortable for walking even on roughing terrain and the stroller opens/closes with one hand. 
  • Options
    @babytaylor88 most children use strollers long after they use infant car seats, so hopefully you'll get some good use out of those strollers. I would look into a snap-n-go if you want something to use with the infant seat (something like this https://www.target.com/p/baby-trend-snap-n-go-ex-universal-infant-car-seat-carrier/-/A-14216874). It's a frame for the car seat to clip into and works great during that itty bitty stage if you plan to keep them in their car seat a lot.
  • Options
    @dreamcatch-her I'd avoid a travel system. The mixed reviews are because the best car seat manufacturers are only mediocre at making strollers. Also what's most important to you changes as your kid gets older.

If having something an infant seat can snap into is important to you, the Snap-n-Go strollers are really convenient for the infant stage. Lightweight, easy to fold, large storage basket. After the first few months, you'll be looking for different features in a stroller and there are a ton of options at many price points. I really like the fancier umbrella-type strollers for most quick out-and-about trips. They're inappropriate for an infant, but great for older babies/toddlers.
  • Options
    We're using the Nuna Pipa car seat with an adapter on the Uppababy Cruz. We live in the city and the Vista was a bit too big to maneuver in our corner grocery. (Yes, I obsessively stroller-staked in my neighborhood.) The car seat adapter was $50 but we got the car seat at $50 off, so nets out. My small issue with the Uppababy carseat is that it doesn't have a window on the top and I didn't love the material the sun shade was made from. We also have the bassinet attachment for the Cruz (comes standard on Vista, we purchased separately) and will use that as baby's main floor bassinet with the associated stand. 
  • Options
    We have the Britax B Ready/B Safe from DD #1 that we'll just buy the second seat for.  No real complaints other than it's big but that's what you get with a travel system.
    Baby J #2 due 11.12.16
    Sydney Elizabeth born 9.24.14

• Options
    We have a Graco travel system from DD, which we loved. Unfortunately that car seat was in the car when we got rear ended and therefore had to be retired. The stroller from the system is a classic connect and doesn't fit their new click connect seats, so we have to get a whole new system. 

I briefly debated getting the Graco ready2grow so DD could have a place to sit or stand during longer activities (fair, zoo, etc...). However with her being 4 next summer, I'm not sure how much longer we would actually use it. So, I think what we'll do is get a Graco travel system and let her walk. Then if she gets tired and wants to ride, I can wear baby. 
  • Options
    We live in a small town so and there's no real sidewalks in our neighbourhood and we like to go for walks.   So, we have a Baby Trend Expedition set.   The infant car seat is HORRIBLE to do up but we only use it for a bit.   The stroller is great for us and we have an older model double of the same stroller.  However, it is bulky and I would say not meant for the city.   When baby is still in the infant seat, we just make it work in the city.   When out of the infant seat, we use our carrier or umbrella stroller in the city.
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • Options
    We personally avoided travel systems because car seat manufacturers are notoriously bad at making strollers. The "convenience factor" of being able to click the carseat in is null and void these days because more stroller manufacturers make adapters for that purpose. 
    We are extremely happy with our Citi Mini. We didn't ever actually buy the adaptor because the seat reclines nearly flat and can be used with infants. We love that it's easy to fold and compact. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!! This has been helpful. Sorry for the late response but this has erupted a crap load of research for dh and I. Lol. Still not sure what we will decide, but now I have a more clear idea. 
    Me:23 DH:32
    Married 5/14/13
    TTC #1 since 5/14
    TTC #1 w/ treatments since 5/15
    BFN 7/15
    BFP 8/15-MMC 9/15

BFP 10/15- Diagnosed BO 12/15
    BFP 2/16-EDD 11/18/2016 

• Options
    We also have a BOB Revolution and love it. Sure, it's big, but I've bought and subsequently sold two umbrella strollers since having DD because nothing pushes like a BOB! 

My advice is to find a stroller you love and choose a seat that is compatible with it. If you can't find that, you can probably find a snap-n-go pretty inexpensively and can use that when you are toting the car seat. 

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We got the Chicco Key Fit 30. I looked at the best rankings from Baby Bargians and it was between that or the Britax B-Safe 35. While the Britax had the better sun visor, the reviews said it was more narrow so if you have a chubby baby they don't fit in it as well. For strollers the Baby Bargians book helped us narrow it down to the Citi Mini or Britax B-Agile. I thought the Britax B-Agile was a little easier for me to push (I took it for a spin around the store) so we got that. I will buy the adaptor so the car seat can be used with the stroller. Since I haven't used them yet we'll see how they work (car seat is a shower gift which I have not received yet).
  • Options
    We got the Britax B-Agile on Amazon Prime Day for a steal. I was a bit nervous but it went together really easy and literally turns on a dime. I can't wait to put baby in it. The only downside is the lack of cup holder and tray, but I've registered for both. Oh, a lot of reviews say the carrier it's really heavy, I figured that was a small price to pay for such an agile stroller. Good luck!
  • Options
    We got the Britax B-Agile on Amazon Prime Day for a steal. I was a bit nervous but it went together really easy and literally turns on a dime. I can't wait to put baby in it. The only downside is the lack of cup holder and tray, but I've registered for both. Oh, a lot of reviews say the carrier it's really heavy, I figured that was a small price to pay for such an agile stroller. Good luck!
    Do you mean the car seat as the carrier? We have a B-Safe and it's not more cumbersome than any other one.

My friend just told me she's giving me her B-Agile and I'm stoked it's awesome, I haven't actually tried it yet, but I'm sure it's easier for little trips than the BOB. 

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes and I don't really see a difference, I guess if you don't know anything else... :) 

That's awesome! I hope you like it!
  • Options
    Yes and I don't really see a difference, I guess if you don't know anything else... :) 

That's awesome! I hope you like it!
    when we were compairing car seats it was the Graco something 35 and the Britax B-Safe (older version, not the B-safe 35) I looked at the weight aspect. Graco 35 was 7.5 lbs, Graco 30 was 7lbs but I thought it felt much lighter. Britax B-Safe 35 was 10 lbs and the Bsafe (older version) was 9.5lbs. So 2-3 lbs give or take between the seats. The bases are the heavier part - I think the Britax base is an extra few pounds over the Graco base but if you're keeping it in the car all the time it isn't like you're carrying it around so it doesn't really matter.